lijakaca

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:Otome games
    Shoujo manga
    Music
  • Who I fangirl over:LizVaan, Riku in Hisui no Shizuku, Hajime Kusanagi, Ashvin

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:36 AM

I guess no one is playing this because there's no topic, but I may as well start one :smile:

It's for the PS3 (which is region-free thank god!!), and is a 3D RPG with an online mode too. I got it a while back, but just started really playing recently. So far it's got a pretty good story, though it's not as pretty as FFXIII, I really like one character, Caesar :grin:

It has a few familiar seiyuu:

Leonard (the main character) - 浪川 大輔 (Namikawa Daisuke)
Caesar - 平川大輔 (Hirakawa Daisuke)
Silas - 小山力也 (Koyama Rikiya) - he was Basch in FFXII and is in Kazeiro Surf
Shapuru - 櫻井孝宏 (Sakurai Takahiro)
Osmond - 森久保祥太郎 (Morikubo Shoutarou) - a little part in the middle, but it's so obviously him I had to include him

#2 Sibu-Xiang

Sibu-Xiang

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Atori Mahiro, Keteru, Okita Souji

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:24 PM

I just see a video, it's very a beautiful game, i like the design *O*
What is the story ?

( I would like to play this game, but i haven't a ps3... it's really expensive for me... but there is also Tales of Vesperia and Eternal Sonata xD )

#3 lijakaca

lijakaca

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
    Shoujo manga
    Music

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:49 PM

Yeah, it took me a while to get a PS3, but since it plays Blu-Rays too and I'm definitely getting FFXII when it finally comes out in 2013 :P, I bought it. This is the only good game I have for it though, though I want Eternal Sonata and um, the strategy one with the early tanks and stuff, Valkyria Chronicles or something?

Hmm, well, I'll see if I can do a good summary of Shirokishi (I tend to zone out during the history lessons lol).

Long long ago, there were two powerful nations at war with each other. One country developed powerful weapons, the kishi (the Gundam-looking things), and conquered the other, but (I think) was wiped out by civil war or too much pride or something.

Now, there are only ruins left of this civilization, but lots of legends surround them and the kishi artifacts that summon the weapons. A growing empire (or country, can't remember which) is trying to obtain all the kishi in order to conquer the world. They already have one, the black knight which turns into a crow-like kishi. At the start of the game, a small country bordering this empire is having a celebration for their princess Shizuna's reaching the age of majority. She's depressed, as she has been since she witnessed her mother's murder as a child. On the day, a contingent from the empire arrives pretending to be there for a peace treaty, but then attack the castle and the black knight kills the king. A commoner, Leonard, tries to help (he's in love with Shizuna yada yada), and chases the black knight and Shizuna underground to ruins beneath the castle. They all come upon a kishi artifact, and it 'recognizes' Leonard and makes a pact with him so he becomes that kishi's owner. That's the white knight that's in the vid. Then they fight the black knight as kishi, but the black knight kidnaps Shizuna, since she seems to be linked with the kishi (she did some kind of chant which woke the artifact up).

As far as I've gotten, Leonard is trying to get the princess back, while the empire is trying to find the other artifacts and trying to kill Leonard to get his artifact back.

Did that make sense? :smile:

#4 lijakaca

lijakaca

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
    Shoujo manga
    Music

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:26 PM

SO, I just finished this.

It could have been so good, but the ending bit hard. And I don't care about online play, which seems like it's the main focus...

*cry*

#5 Nika

Nika

borderline spammer.

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Interests:Music, Rpg's, Music, Anime, music, manga, and ummm, Music :D
  • Who I fangirl over:Hihara Kazuki, Himuro Reiichi, Ace, Julius

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:32 AM

I just see a video, it's very a beautiful game, i like the design *O*
What is the story ?

You go and save a princess -____-

I've been playing it for a while, but now my PS3 is in Japan and I am not. I took the save files with me, but appearently the PS3 has user lock out on those. The PS3 I'm borrowing has a different user, thus it refuses to load them. I didn't want to start over (had about 25hrs going) and not be able to use that file over two months, so I have to miss it now... I should finish eternal sonata and valkyria chronicles first anyway

hmmm, not such a good ending?
I'm interested in the Online play. But because the items carry over to your normal game, I am really not going to do that on a new save file, seems like such a waste of time if I have to do it again later...

#6 lijakaca

lijakaca

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
    Shoujo manga
    Music

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:12 PM

Well, I read some articles and apparently this is actually the start to a trilogy?? If so, I can understand the ending more - I thought that you had to go online to finish the game, but I think it's just to do quests and level your character. But I already play WoW, and have played FFXI - I don't care about leveling another character unless it gets me more storylines >.> which I don't know if it does.

And I still don't like what happens at the end. /pout

But I might still buy the other two if they get made, because I like the side characters (not the princess and main character though lol).

#7 Nika

Nika

borderline spammer.

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Interests:Music, Rpg's, Music, Anime, music, manga, and ummm, Music :D
  • Who I fangirl over:Hihara Kazuki, Himuro Reiichi, Ace, Julius

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:47 PM

I kinda like Renard, if he's just stop being obsessed with Shizuna =___=

The second one has already been anounced. Along with an EX version of the first one.
I caved in and made a new game after all. I've just finished the events in Albana (lol at the giant frog) but so far the story doesn't really interest me. It seems so... bland? Giant knights are not enough to get me interested in a 'save the princess' story. (In fact, I don't use the Knights in battle at all xD)

#8 Rinai

Rinai

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:.

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:07 PM

I was really thinking about getting this game, but didn't look into it aside from some battle system videos, is online play really the main focus? If I'm understanding this right you go through the story offline and can only level your characters online?

Aside from the not so great ending, is it worth shelling out money for the EX edition? I'm really intrigued by the characters and style of the game, but not so sure about the actual gameplay...

Posted Image

#9 perumo

perumo

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, otome + RPG games
  • Who I fangirl over:Saeki Teru, Sakata Gintoki

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:35 PM

I cannot finish this game, the battle system kinda hard for me >_<; I cannot go futher because I alwayz lose when fight to get the armor knight for the first time T_T

what the different with the EX edition anyway?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
My Blog Site:
http://pink.ap.teacup.com/ichigopie/
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

#10 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Seems I reached the point where they are too many ...

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:09 PM

Oh we have a thread for this~ I cleared the story mode a couple of days ago and was very pleased with the game, hope they won't have us wait too long for the sequel because I want to see if my speculations so far will come true ^^

@perumo: I bought the local edition and not the Japanese one so take my words with suspicion, but from what I read the EX edition is the game with all the patches already included.

Support your bishie, join today the Save Our Bishies (SOB).

And while you're at it, Save Our Seiyuu (SOS).

Posted Image

Selling some goods and I accept offers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance