Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Location:On some island in the middle of nowhere surrounded by Bishounen~
  • Who I fangirl over:Do I have to choose?~

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:36 AM

Since I am officially now on my summer break I felt like writing a story with one of the many ideas that I have been wanting develop. So I thought I would post it here and see what you guys think of it. This is a very very rough draft so there may be many errors, but please bear with me^^

Chapter Two is Now Up

Summary
Spoiler

Just so you know, the prologue is a bit messy. Originally I had something else planned with the plot but after the first four pages I changed my mind but I didn't want to completely erase all my work. So that's why you'll notice that the flow in chapter one differs from the prologue. But I hope you enjoy it anyways^^

Prologue
Spoiler

Chapter 1: War Zone and the Mountain God

Spoiler

Chapter 2: The Samurai and the Field of Blood
Spoiler

Please comment and tell me what you think^^ Encouragement from readers is what keeps writers writing:D
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#2 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I can't choose anymore since otome games are getting more popular LOL

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:20 AM

So...is Saya Sayori's nickname? ^^; And I thought she was Japanese...considering Sayori sounds like a typical Japanese female name. Unless she's half...
It's interesting that you uh...made her skip grades LOL but I like her personality so far...I also liked the way you ended that chapter LOL
and since this story supposedly takes place in the 800's-1000's I guess it takes place during the Heian period...

I'm selling stuff so if you're interested please take a look!

If you want to find more random blabbings of otome games you can look at my livejournal if you want~
I moved...it's called Peaceful Grace.
I've started a new blog at wordpress it's called Reaching Towards You since my LJ is full of my tweets.
If you want to look at pictures you can look at my tumblr nothing special...

The Icon Avatar is from Neskaya.net

#3 Xeiran

Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:52 AM

@Hazuki
Thanks for reading it^^ Yes, Saya is Sayori's nickname. That is a Japanese name but she is not Japanese. Her mom just liked the name (which I'll tie in later). That's why she is completely different looking to them(since she's the typical Italian/French American mix. Which is what I am as well lol). The Japanese hadn't met Westerners at that point in time. So Sayori is the first one they have ever seen.

Yeah having her be smart and skipping grades helps the story flow more in the direction I like. That way she can have the knowledge of Japanese and medicine without the readers wondering how she knows this stuff so well.
And, yes it does take place during the Heian period since that's the one I know the most about but this story is still taking a lot of research, since although its not really historical, I still want to be accurate on things.

I should have the next chapter up sometime this weekend. It would have been done if I didn't keep going back over the beginning and changing things lol. I already made minor changes since the changes I have posted here. That's the issue with rough drafts. But I am glad that you have liked it so far^^

Chapter two is now up^^
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#4 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Seems I reached the point where they are too many ...

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:28 PM

Ok, got around reading this~

I think that style and format could get some improvements, but I'm curious about your plot. Looking forward to next chapter ^^

Support your bishie, join today the Save Our Bishies (SOB).

And while you're at it, Save Our Seiyuu (SOS).

Posted Image

Selling some goods and I accept offers

#5 Xeiran

Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:22 PM

@litewolf
Thank you very much for taking the time to read it^^

Yes, my style and format could use major improvements(I often annoy people with it Lol), but its because when I am writing my rough drafts all I care about is getting plot on paper/digital and then after that I try to fix things up. I become so consumed in writing down the plot that I don't even realize that I misspelled something or made an error somewhere. Since I often change my mind on things, go back, rework it, and then all the work I did to fix it up perfectly becomes a waste. But I am glad my errors didn't deter you too much :D And any errors that you find please let me know and I'll fix them right away^^

The next chapter might be slightly delayed since I am going on a ten day trip, but it will give me more time(or no time depending on what I am doing), to work on it. I may be able to post it before the ten days if I find somewhere with internet^^
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance