• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#21 Maverynthia

Maverynthia

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:JD & Jet; Androids and Artificially created men!

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:30 AM

Would InuYasha: Secret of the Cursed Mask for PS2 count? ^^; You can play as either a guy or girl

I exclude those that you can play as either or. I actually replied to someone about why. So I don't count it... however I did find another one that came out a short bit ago.
Posted Image

#22 caddyalan

caddyalan

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Diana Caprice

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:21 PM

Two recent otome-style games made in English, with Flash:

Wonderland Days Sim Date -- http://pacthesis.dev...-Date-152214082 Haven't tried it just yet. There is a Alice in Wonderland theme, but that's all I know right now.

Festival Days Sim Date -- http://www.gamenode....-days-sim-date/ In this dating simulation, the female lead is getting ready for a school festival. I've only played it for a few minutes, but the writing is pretty good.

And one relatively simple dating simulation (complex visual novel?), made in English with Ren'py:

"Re: Alistair" was created by Sake-bento, Tooaya, and Thee Forsaken One. It's a fairly small girl x boys dating sim, since it takes place over one month, and doesn't have a lot of statistics. It's not quite a visual novel, since there are more than choices to make -- there are statistics to track, and items to purchase. It's been reviewed on the White Butterfly blog at http://whitebutterfl...view-realistair . The download link for this freeware game is here: http://sakevisual.ay...ta.com/rea.html

[Added "Re: Alistair" on March 3 2010.]

Edited by caddyalan, 03 March 2010 - 11:49 PM.
Thanks, add to first post

#23 Maaya

Maaya

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Not sure yet Q__Q

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:02 PM

Tiger Eye: Curse of the Riddle Box: http://passionfruitgames.com/download/

I don't know what to say, I haven't played it. ._. The hero scares me lol.

Edited by Moe, 29 May 2010 - 03:14 AM.

#24 valesti

valesti

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:...It changes a lot XD

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:30 PM

I recently tried Lovely Juliet: http://en.datingsim.com/

It's a rather extensive flash dating sim made by a French developer and I think graphics and mechanics are pretty good. The character designs take some getting used to (they're less "anime-ish" than what most of us are probably used to) but are still well done. The plot is very linear and there is only one chaseable guy, but I've had lots of fun with this game over the past couple of days.

There are currently 6 episodes available in English, and they each cost roughly $4 USD to unlock (if you want to put it in perspective, each episode has taken me about 2~3 hours to complete). There's a free demo that covers the first part of episode 1.

Unfortunately, the English community for this game is pretty small/non-existent. :[ I was stuck on a few areas and had to Google translate some French sites for help. ._.;

Edited by Moe, 29 May 2010 - 03:14 AM.

#25 Butterfly Girl

Butterfly Girl

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Bastian, Clavis

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:27 PM

Date Warp, which just came out last week - there's a thread for it over here:
http://forum.my-neor...__0

it's a visual novel with a little puzzle-thing you use to make choices. there are five guys.

Edited by Moe, 29 May 2010 - 03:09 AM.

#26 caddyalan

caddyalan

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:24 AM

Motto! Ren'ai Shugi: Road to Emerald was released for iPhone / iPod Touch recently. The English text is flawed, but then again, this slightly short visual novel is only $2.

#27 night.watch

night.watch

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Location:in the classroom where full of bishies and cant get out from it...
  • Interests:1-5. CREAM PUFF!!!
    6. Otome game
    7. nothing
    8-10.Cream puff forever...
  • Who I fangirl over:date masamune(sengoku basara),hajime saito,shiba katsumi,will,atobe keigo,curtis nile,takenaka hanbei & keiji mmaeda (sengoku basara2)and ...there are soo many bishies that i could writed..too much for this page

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:31 AM

i think Shin Megami Tensei:Persona 3 fes included in otome games,since Atlus now make new feature where we can choose to be girl or boy now..(since persona i think always BxG..now they make GxB)but this feature only can be played in PSP,my target game no.1 in psp maybe this --this game my reason i want to buy PSP,i now realize PSP have soo many otome game rather than Nds(-_-)now first time i chase is psp..

they have social link and club activity in school.spring,summer,fall,winter...1 year with frend wouldnt be bad..
i really waiting they make this feathure which meant i can chase akihiko now!!! >////< yeahh..
thank you so much atlus....
Posted Image

--Close youre eyes,the bloody scene is about to begin...--

#28 caddyalan

caddyalan

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:45 PM

...since persona i think always BxG..now they make GxB)...

Persona 1-2 (and most of the Megami Tensei franchise) isn't really about relationships. I'm glad that Persona 3 Portable will be available in English in July 2010. But P3P probably deserves (if it doesn't already have) its own thread.

On the Lemma Soft forums, I've found some promising new indie GxB visual novels and renai games:

1 - Fantasia: Requiem of the Abyss. It's a sequel to Fantasia: The Realm of Thanos, and like the first story, it also appears to be a drama set in in a fantasy world. (link: http://lemmasoft.ren...php?f=11&t=7389 )
2 - RockRobin. Right now it's only in demo form. The creative team describes it as a "management sim." (link: http://lemmasoft.ren...php?f=16&t=6984 )
3 - First Teen Story: Lollipop Love. This simple dating simulation appears to take place in contemporary Vietnam. (link: http://lemmasoft.ren...php?f=11&t=7390 )

Edited by Moe, 22 June 2010 - 12:58 PM.

#29 chelxoxo

chelxoxo

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Writing fiction, reading, playing video games, trying new foods, criticizing, sleeping, daydreaming, googling random objects/foods/subjects, chasing the rainbow. :)
  • Who I fangirl over:Hikaru, Kyo, Takumi, Takuto, Cain, Skye, Yo, Jin, Zero...... waaaaay too many to count!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:15 AM

Hey everyone. I found this great game on Dev.art a couple of days ago. I don't know who has played it yet, but it's really good quality, with 3 guys to choose from. The artwork is really nice! It's called My Sunchine: A Summer Romance and it took me about 45 minutes to complete. You should really try it. It's definitely one of the best Flash games I've come across in my travels of the net :)
http://yavmamemo.deviantart.com/art/My-Sunshine-A-Summer-Romance-145525169?q=sort%3Atime+favby%3Apmemica&qo=0

Edited by Moe, 22 June 2010 - 12:58 PM.

“Writing is a form of personal freedom. It frees us from the mass identity we see in the making all around us. In the end, writers will write not to be outlaw heroes of some underculture but mainly to save themselves, to survive as individuals.”
~Don Delillo

Fantasia RoT novelisation progress... Currently writing: Chapter 3
Please read it! http://chel-xoxo.deviantart.com

#30 caddyalan

caddyalan

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 01:25 AM

A partial fan translation patch for Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side First Love Plus for the DS has just been released. See here for more.

#31 Meister

Meister

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Gilgamesh

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:26 PM

thx for the link caddyalan

#32 Savvy

Savvy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:the jerks... as long as they aren't rapists

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:14 PM

A partial fan translation patch for Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side First Love Plus for the DS has just been released. See here for more.

Wow! I always half expect these fan translations to die out before they reach fruition but this project is almost done! I really want to play this too... it's going to be tough resisting that patch till it's gold... I must be strong!

#33 Meister

Meister

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Gilgamesh

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:52 AM

short and sweet kinetic novel if anyone's interested :)
http://lemmasoft.ren...php?f=11&t=7784

#34 caddyalan

caddyalan

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:31 AM

The Tokimemo GS fan translation finished just a day or two ago. The new 100% translation patch might still have spelling/grammar errors and/or bugs, but all the dialogue should be translated.

This project was first announced in January 2010, so it's kind of amazing to think that it's just about done only nine months later. (Two comparisons: it took three years for the Pia Carrot PC-FX translation to be finished, and it looks like Canvas 2 will be done in a month, about three years after it was announced.)

#35 Kristy Kent

Kristy Kent

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tamahome from Fushigi Yuugi

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:44 AM

:-| Is it just me, or has anybody else been waiting for english otome games to be released in North America? I haven't heard any news since one or two years ago. Anybody know anything new?

Edited by Moe, 20 September 2010 - 03:43 AM.
Merge thread

#36 Moe

Moe

ばか猫

• Hachiyo
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping... Like seriously...
  • Who I fangirl over:The guy from that game!!

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:56 AM

@Caddylan: Congratz, hope with this many people will support the company by buying the games and hopefully one day they could be localized.

@Kristy Kent: I think yes people been wanting for localization for otome games but so far none of the pure otome games have ever made it there, the only thing I could think of is Princess debut. Idea factory once made a survey about it and I guess they still think that otome games doesn't really have a market to be localized.

Only some that already have a fan base where you can choose to be boy or girl like harvest moon, persona, avalon code, summon night twin age, Inuyasha and some that I might missed that have been localized or doujin games that's purely for english audience like some have been mentioned in the first post.

Posted ImagePosted Image

MNR otome game Love blossom Extended, the hidden truth!

Spoiler

Love blossom walkthrough if you ever need it
Videogames ruined my life... Thank God I'm a katz so I have lives to spare

Posted Image
HAPPY 6TH ANNIVERSARY MNR

#37 Savvy

Savvy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:the jerks... as long as they aren't rapists

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:09 PM

There are a couple of ongoing threads here and here that discuss the lack of localization for Western audiences. In this case no news is bad news but hey, you never know. If Duke Nukem Forever can finally be released after ten years of "development" despite all expectations, then maybe us otome fans can get some surprise localizations. For now though, your best bet lies with the indie developers and fan translations.

#38 SilverMoon

SilverMoon

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:manga, anime, video games, and music to name a few
  • Who I fangirl over:加地葵, 衛藤桐也, 月森蓮, 土浦梁太郎, 不動翔麻, 王崎信武, 金澤紘人, 如月律, 水嶋新, 東金千秋, 冥加玲士, 天宮静, カミュ, 美風藍, 寿嶺二, 一ノ瀬トキヤ, 神宫寺レン, 四ノ宮那月, 愛島セシル, ケント, ウキョウ, シン, トーマ, イッキ

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:20 PM

My friend, knowing what an otome fangirl I am, introduced me to Yo-Jin-Bo. It's absolutely histerical (even with some off translations), what with all of the general randomness, strange characters, and modern day references in a game that takes place in feudal Japan~ What more could you ask for? 8D

音楽によって、私達は覚えている…

Through the music, we remember...

Posted ImagePosted Image

“Wherever and however we met, I would fall in love with you for sure.”

どこで、どんな形で会ったとしても、僕はきっと君を好きになっていた。

#39 Kristy Kent

Kristy Kent

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tamahome from Fushigi Yuugi

Posted 21 September 2010 - 01:04 AM

Thanks Moe! :mrgreen: Do you think in the future, english otome games will be released?

#40 caddyalan

caddyalan

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:46 PM

Thanks Moe! :mrgreen: Do you think in the future, english otome games will be released?

There's been a few VN/romance games on consoles with complex gaming elements. There's a few VNs in English for consoles which aren't about love or relationships (Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk/Last Window, Disgaea Infinite, the upcoming Nine Rooms), but they're not exactly setting sales charts on fire. And there's a few for iPod Touch/iPhone, where people can publish almost anything as long as it isn't really offensive. Most of the otome games for computers are originally-in-English.

That said, I expect visual novels or romance games in general to remain a small niche for quite some time. If fans and companies continue develop "western romance games," then the genre will have a better chance at growing. (Keep in mind that these days, western RPGs are growing in popularity, while translated eastern RPGs are still rare.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance