• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#1 Maverynthia

Maverynthia

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:JD & Jet; Androids and Artificially created men!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:32 PM

I don't see an "official list" for games in English so I'm going to start one and hopefully people will add onto it and I'll keep the list updated. I've also linked where to buy them from if available. Ones in italics text are found at the local gamestore (EB/GS/etc.) I'm excluding BL on this list as I want to make a straight up GxB list.

I'm going to trim this list down as I tried the trials to a few of the games and it turns out they have GxG elements which negates them as strictly GxB. (If I wanted GxG I'd look to Ren'ai and the TON of other games out there.)
So Fatal Hearts and Reileen get dropped.

For Doujin Works, I'm going to list completed games that have a certain professional caliber to them. Most of the ones I see on RenPy are short, or there was little consideration to art. I haven't played all of them out there, so there might be a few I've personally missed.

Otome From Japan:
Yo-Jin-Bo (Win/Mac)
Princess Debut (NDS)
Atelier Annie (NDS)
Hakuoki fleeting blossom

GREE:
Shall We Date?: Ninja Love (iOS)
Be My Princess (iOS)

Mobile:
Android
NTT Solmare: Shall We Date?:
My Sweet Prince
Ninja Love
Heian Love
Actor to Be
"KONKATSU" for Marriage

Pirates In Love
MoteMote - Love Story for Girls
My Forged Wedding (iOS)
Seduced in the Sleepless City (iOS)

Love Blossom extended

School Festival

iOS
KEITAI ☆ Guardian
London Detective Story
Road To Emerald

Online:
Star Project

Facebook:
Destiny Stone

Otome From Others:
Spirited Heart (Lin/Win/Mac)
Fantasia, the realm of thanos
Tiger eye
Lovely juliet
Date warp

Doujin Works:
Love blossom Extended (Win/Lin/Mac)
RE: Alistair++
Fantasia Requiem of The Abyss
1st teen story
Lucky Rabbit Reflex
Heartstrings bug
School festival

Flash games:
Other Age
Festival days sim date
Ciao Bella
Project: princess

In progress
Oneiro
Rock robin

Posted Image

#2 Savvy

Savvy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:the jerks... as long as they aren't rapists

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:18 PM

Great idea, but I'm disheartened to see that the list that amounts to a grand total of five games, only one of which can be found in conventional brick and mortar stores. At least I assume that's still the case, I picked up my copy of Princess Debut at Best Buy but I don't know if they still sell it.

There's also the handful of GxB games over at www.renai.us (which seems to be down at the moment), but I assume were talking about commercially sold games here.

#3 aznkeo

aznkeo

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:_

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:42 PM

Hmm if you count these DS games as otome you could add

Sprung (LOLOL. Oh god)
Princess Debut
Avalon Code
Harvest Moon games for girls?

Posted Image
Hihara Senpai needs moar L O V E
Otome Blog - White Butterfly and I'm Selling Stuff here~

#4 kyrie

kyrie

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:clavis

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:11 AM

'Sprung' can't possibly be as bad as 'My Boyfriend' for DS XD;;

'Brooktown High' is a dating sim for PSP where you can play as a boy or a girl. I've never played it so I don't know how good it is.

#5 Butterfly Girl

Butterfly Girl

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Bastian, Clavis

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:13 AM

or 'my boyfriend' except it's supposed to be awful! oops kyrie beat me to it!

#6 Moe

Moe

ばか猫

• Hachiyo
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping... Like seriously...
  • Who I fangirl over:The guy from that game!!

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:08 AM

[NDS] Summon night twin age, we could consider that as otome games.. There's only 3 gaiz and one of them is somewhat your brother...

Posted ImagePosted Image

MNR otome game Love blossom Extended, the hidden truth!

Spoiler

Love blossom walkthrough if you ever need it
Videogames ruined my life... Thank God I'm a katz so I have lives to spare

Posted Image
HAPPY 6TH ANNIVERSARY MNR

#7 Ningyo

Ningyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:^^;;

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:56 AM

Hmmm I don't know if I would count games like Avalon Code and Harvest Moon as otome games - at least not like the ones we usually discuss here (as in, visual novelish). They're just games with romanceable characters as a feature, but otherwise they are rpgs?

Unless the defination of "otome games" here covers that as well ^^;

Posted Image
Creator of otome visual novels and RPG's

#8 lavender raine

lavender raine

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:doujinshi, drawing, writing, otome games, oyaji (...huh >__>)
  • Who I fangirl over:everyone ffs, they're all lovely

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:56 AM

I'd count them really, since there aren't that many and you might as well. Besides, Neo Angelique has an RPG element so why not? :D

#9 Kairi

Kairi

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:drawing, reading mangas, hanging out wiht friends and playing games XDDD
  • Who I fangirl over:there are maaaaany XDD

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:24 PM

they ain't many games in english! i only know the one you all mentioned about! it would be nice if they would be more games in english or if they only are translated in english but there speaking in jap.

Posted Image

#10 Maverynthia

Maverynthia

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:47 PM

Unless the defination of "otome games" here covers that as well ^^;

I'm not counting those because they have the BxG element to them, it dilutes the pool a bit. However RPGs with dating elements are counted, but I don't know of ANY that you play the girl and "date" the guys. I know a ton of BxG ones though :x
Posted Image

#11 kuribo

kuribo

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:XD

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:57 PM

If Princess Debut is counted as an otome game, Natsume announced a new game for E3 2009 called Cheer We Go! for DS....it sounded quite similar to to Princess Debut were you use the stylus for dancing and such, and apparently the player can find "a little bit of romance" as she becomes the best cheerleader in school. Interesting, huh? I thought princess debut was a cute little game, so I might like the new one too.
Please click me! :3

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 Maverynthia

Maverynthia

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:19 PM

If Princess Debut is counted as an otome game, Natsume announced a new game for E3 2009 called Cheer We Go! for DS....it sounded quite similar to to Princess Debut were you use the stylus for dancing and such, and apparently the player can find "a little bit of romance" as she becomes the best cheerleader in school. Interesting, huh? I thought princess debut was a cute little game, so I might like the new one too.

If it's similar to Princess Debut I'll buy it and add it :3. Also those other games like My Boyfriend, even though they are...a bit shallow... they should be counted if it's specifically GxB. I'll go and 'try' the game to see if it counts.. From the images.. it looks like it does.. (sort of)
Posted Image

#13 kuribo

kuribo

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:XD

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:35 PM

They mentioned Cheer We Go in the Natsume newsletter (http://www.natsume.c...9E3Brochure.pdf):

Take on the role of a cheerleader in this exciting rhythm adventure game! Use your stylus to guide your cheerleader through increasingly complex dances and cheerleading routines. The game's story mode takes you on an adventure through school as you try to work your way up to star cheerleader! Customize your character, enjoy a variety of mini-games, and find a little romance along the way!

Features:
• Use the Touch Screen to mimic real cheerleading motions!
• Multiple storylines for multiple romances!
• Explore an engaging story filled with fun characters and exciting surprises!

Release: September 2009

---

the images look similar to princess debut, and the multiple storyline thing also makes me think it will be very similar. it's good if there really is a "variety" of mini-games because in princess debut, all you have to do is practice dancing...and i got really tired of it.
Please click me! :3

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#14 Butterfly Girl

Butterfly Girl

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:22 PM

unles it's a variety of minigames like in kurukuru princess where they were all bad!

#15 Maverynthia

Maverynthia

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:23 PM

I wonder if Cheer We Go has a Japanese counterpart >.> or is it Kurukuru Princess?
Still looking for that "My Boyfriend" game.
Posted Image

#16 Butterfly Girl

Butterfly Girl

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:44 PM

are you counting free dojin games or only games you can buy? because there is Fantasia the Realm of Thanos which just came out in English for free. the graphics are not the best but anything with demon boys is good for me

#17 Xeiran

Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Location:On some island in the middle of nowhere surrounded by Bishounen~
  • Who I fangirl over:Do I have to choose?~

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:14 AM

@Butterfly Girl
Thanks for mentioning the Fantasia game. I didn't know about it until you mentioned it. It seems like fun, I'm going to try it in a little bit. And I think we should post dojin games, because in instances like this, I would have never known about the game until you said something.
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#18 Maverynthia

Maverynthia

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:38 AM

are you counting free dojin games or only games you can buy? because there is Fantasia the Realm of Thanos which just came out in English for free. the graphics are not the best but anything with demon boys is good for me

Free games work, though I don't really want to take the ren'ai listings and duplicate them. :3
Wasn't someone working on a Corda game too?

(Still ..trying to find time to play "my boyfriend")
Posted Image

#19 Moe

Moe

ばか猫

• Hachiyo
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping... Like seriously...
  • Who I fangirl over:The guy from that game!!

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:22 AM

For our beloved forum, we are also making english otome game, you could find it here if you never going to that section you probably miss it. well just to let you know, in case you miss it

Coz we only have one a half month to make so it's a short VN game with simple story don't ask is there mini games and all and sorry we are not planning to re-make them by putting BGM/OP/mini games or something fancy and stuff in it coz we are now busy with RL. The point we are making is thanking all the people who make this forum a wonderful community and hoping the members here will having a good time playing them :)

Oh and there's other age, go search somewhere in the forum if you haven't play it for free english otome games. I think the gameplay is fun I still couldn't finish some of the guys route

Posted ImagePosted Image

MNR otome game Love blossom Extended, the hidden truth!

Spoiler

Love blossom walkthrough if you ever need it
Videogames ruined my life... Thank God I'm a katz so I have lives to spare

Posted Image
HAPPY 6TH ANNIVERSARY MNR

#20 Fandramon

Fandramon

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Harumoto, Vlad Dracula, Mephisto, Nyx, Hyuuga, Luva, Clavis, Marcel, Randy, Mel, Suguru, Ryuurou... Hey what's the text limit in this thing, I could go on all day here XD

Posted 15 January 2010 - 04:00 AM

I'm not counting those because they have the BxG element to them, it dilutes the pool a bit. However RPGs with dating elements are counted, but I don't know of ANY that you play the girl and "date" the guys. I know a ton of BxG ones though :x

Would InuYasha: Secret of the Cursed Mask for PS2 count? ^^; You can play as either a guy or girl, and there are some parts in the game where you can choose to be with one of the characters, and by becoming friends you can build a friendship and better co-op attacks with them, and eventually an ending. I haven't gotten very far in this game myself yet [so many games, so little time right? XD], so I wonder if anyone else has any opinions on it :P [it's sad that Naraku isn't obtainable D: lol, but I might be a minority on that XD]

Acknowledge your sins and embrace the darkness...the gate is open, it's time to raise some Hell!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 My NeoRomance