• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Faery

Faery

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis, Genichirou Sanada , Renji Yanagi, Hanazawa Rui, Yunoki

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:22 AM

Anyone already played this one ?

First, here is the official website : http://atelier-ds.jp/annie/swf/top.htm

Next, the summary of the story ( since i am very lazy, i took the nice one from playasia :P )

Once upon a time, there is a girl called Annie, she is so lazy and unruly that her parents have lost all hope in her. However, one day, Annie's grandfather, a famed alchemist, came up with a good idea. He sent her to an island and commanded her to develop it into a resort site.

At first, the lazy girl cannot be bothered about her grandfather's request, but after having a look at the tasks involved and the chance to marry the prince, Annie decide to work hard, for once in her life, as she knew that by becoming a princess, she would never have to work again.

Work hard for the sake of a leisurely life and develop your own resort. You have to battle monsters in the area to collect materials for alchemy, enlist the help of people to manage your resort and enter contests to gain the title of the master to marry the prince.

This game is really fun to play. why ? First, collecting ingredients, and doing alchemy is fun. Next, the game is very cute, and the boys are too :P . and what i like the most, are the lots of events that happen as you progress in the game ( well ... most of them just show the stupidity of the bishies around you but i laughed a lot :grin: )
You choose how you progress, via doing quests, collecting things etc ... You create your stuff for fighting ( you can buy it but the one you create is more powerful ) etc ... But overall i have to admit that the heroin of the game is very ... unusual ? ahah
A cute game i recommend for those who like bishies and laughing !
Posted Image

#2 Ningyo

Ningyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:^^;;

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:22 AM

I think I heard this title mentioned somewhere but didn't think too much about it. But your description really makes me want to play this! It sounds like a lot of fun. Definitely something to add to my list.

And the art is just lovely!

Posted Image
Creator of otome visual novels and RPG's

#3 Yuu

Yuu

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  • Interests:Staring at.... Medicine Seller, Yes he has no name.
  • Who I fangirl over:Ace, Yunoki Azuma, Kaji Aoi, Shimizu Keiichi, Kira Akihiro, Tsukimori Len, Souma, Ravi, Blood Dupree, Vincent, FF13V guy, Seperioth, Mononoke's medicine seller

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:41 AM

Its look real pretty...
And the bg music for the ohp is realli cute too.
~ 悠.Yuu

For the love of Bishies Featuring : Noctis [Final Fantasy Versus 13]

Posted Image

Supported by : Save Our Bishies (SOB) ..... And Save our Seiyuus.(SOS)

By : Save our bishie (SOB) and Save our Seiyuus (SOS)

#4 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It changes.

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:15 AM

Ahahaha sounds like my kind of heroine, working hard to be lazy for the rest of your life. Lol.

The art looks really nice, and so are some of the guys xDDDD

Wonder if it'll get an English release. . .

#5 Ningyo

Ningyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:48 AM

An english release would be great. I guess it has a chance since other more niche Gust titles have come over, and things like "My World, My Way"?
I hope so.

Posted Image

#6 yukihotaru

yukihotaru

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:An incredibly slack English major who's obsessed over otome games, Jrock music, Lolita/Gothic punk clothes, Victorian literature and culture, Oscar Wilde, writing stories, making felt dolls, and all things pretty and frilly...:P
  • Who I fangirl over:Tamaki Suoh, Keigo Todoroki and Hariya

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:54 AM

Omg so cute! The characters are all adorable! XDXD I thought Annie was a guy at first though....yeah, i know, the name, but then when it's a Japanese release you never know...^^;; But will definitely give this one a try!

Do you get to snag your own bishie though? Canard looks interesting! XD Can't help it! I have a thing for eccentric guys! XD *Loves Mihara to death in TMGS* As much as i hate to admit, i kinda want an English release of this one!
「雨時々雪、愛時々嘘」

#7 Ningyo

Ningyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:36 AM

I thought Annie was a guy at first though....yeah, i know, the name, but then when it's a Japanese release you never know...^^;;

One of the guys seems be called "Brigitte" after all, so you're right, you never know :P

Posted Image

#8 yukihotaru

yukihotaru

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:An incredibly slack English major who's obsessed over otome games, Jrock music, Lolita/Gothic punk clothes, Victorian literature and culture, Oscar Wilde, writing stories, making felt dolls, and all things pretty and frilly...:P

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:14 PM

Lols, she's a girl! XDXD She has quite obvious boobs too! XD

Omg, i dont even want to talk abt My World My Way....>< It's one of the most frustrating, repetitive and dissappointing game i've ever played...><
「雨時々雪、愛時々嘘」

#9 Ningyo

Ningyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:13 PM

It's a girl? xD Whoops, I only looked at the small portraits since I was a work, so I guess I judged her too fast xD

Posted Image

#10 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I can't choose anymore since otome games are getting more popular LOL

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:50 PM

Yay! We get to play as a girl again! XD
I hope this comes out in English too...
ah...but I guess the main goal is to be with that prince only though. LOL
I wonder if there are alternate candidates. XD

I'm selling stuff so if you're interested please take a look!

If you want to find more random blabbings of otome games you can look at my livejournal if you want~
I moved...it's called Peaceful Grace.
I've started a new blog at wordpress it's called Reaching Towards You since my LJ is full of my tweets.
If you want to look at pictures you can look at my tumblr nothing special...

The Icon Avatar is from Neskaya.net

#11 Faery

Faery

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis, Genichirou Sanada , Renji Yanagi, Hanazawa Rui, Yunoki

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:10 PM

Well, as far as i already played, you can't seduce anyone.But you can choose who you want to take with you. The good point is that there are many events with everyone, so it doesn't really matter ( well, you're too busy in the game with your alchemy anyway :P )

ps : correction after having playing a little more : you can increase the affection of someone towards you by taking him/her with you in battle, doing the quests they give you ( i have for exemple now Kilbert daisuki and Hans nakayoshi ) Will this lead to anything ? i still don't know :)
Posted Image

#12 Moe

Moe

ばか猫

• Hachiyo
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping... Like seriously...
  • Who I fangirl over:The guy from that game!!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:25 AM

Maybe it will be something like Summon Night Twin Age where at the end you will have a story ending with the guy/girl who have the deepest affection with you.

Posted ImagePosted Image

MNR otome game Love blossom Extended, the hidden truth!

Spoiler

Love blossom walkthrough if you ever need it
Videogames ruined my life... Thank God I'm a katz so I have lives to spare

Posted Image
HAPPY 6TH ANNIVERSARY MNR

#13 Cloudy

Cloudy

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Shitara Seiji

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:40 PM

Oh I saw this game the other day on Play-Asia. It looks fairly interesting and I really liked the art.
Though I thought the main character only liked the prince. I suppose if other characters have affection there's probably a reason for that.
I do hope this game gets an English release because I'd like to play it thought even if it doesn't I might pick it up if it's good. :)
Lol at working hard to be lazy. Haha I think a lot of people like that.

#14 Riven

Riven

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Must I choose? Arios, Tenma, ...

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:55 PM

Oh, a new Atelier game? I had played those which were released in english. There are 3 in english ( A6-8 in japanese ). The games were fun although Atelier Iris 3 weren't so good because it had a mission system.

Here a list of the Atelier Games:
Alchemist of Salburg Series. Atelier Marie(A1) Atelier Elie(A2) Atelier Lilie(A3)
Alchemist of Gramnad Series: Atelier Judie(A4) Atelier Viorate(A5)
Iris Series: Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana(A6) Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny(A7) Atelier Iris 3: Grand Phantasm(A8)
Mana-Khemia Series: Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis(A9) Mana Khemia 2(A10)

Other:
Hermina and Culus Atelier Marie, Elie & Anis Atelier Lise(DSA1) Atelier Annie(DSA2)

I hope someday I can play the other games, I like the alchemy system too.

#15 Rinai

Rinai

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:.

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:43 AM

Woah, just saw this. Atelier series moving to the DS, and two games at that? SO COOL. I remember playing A1-A5 way back when they were released and they were pretty fun games. Haha.

Posted Image

#16 Ningyo

Ningyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:57 AM

Haha I feel stupid now for not noticing that this is an Atelier series game. I only tried Iris: Eternal Mana though, but I hear good things about them in general.

Guess this means there could be a greater chance of having this in english? *hopes*

Posted Image

#17 yukihotaru

yukihotaru

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:41 AM

wow! i didnt know this was connected to the other atelier series! I just assumed atelier is simply some random name. ^^;; i've played atelier iris and a bit of mana khemia...and i liked them! XD so looking forward to playing this game now...as soon as i finish Vampire Knight, Alice and Avalon Code....XDXD too many games coming out recently too! ><

I really hope u can end up with someone! OMG I didnt even know you can end up with someone on Summon Night! I didn't finish it coz you know the last battle it's essentially 2 battles? >< I failed the 2nd one and i didnt feel like going through the 1st one again...orz
「雨時々雪、愛時々嘘」

#18 Riven

Riven

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:45 PM

@yukihotaru I find the atelier serie has the most difficults bosses. I think for the AI 1 endboss I need 20 attempts, the final boss in AI 2 was difficult too.

AI has love stories too, in AI 2 you can play both - the girl and the boy because they are in different worlds and need each other. He fights and she makes items later she fights too.

#19 caddyalan

caddyalan

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Diana Caprice

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:29 AM

Atelier Lise wasn't translated. Hopefully NISA will translate Atelier Annie. It might be too cute for other consoles, on which Serious Games reign, but it's suited for the DS. Already we have plenty of cute/family/kids games on the DS, so this one wouldn't be out of place.

Two relevant links:
NISA Atelier Annie thread: http://com4.runboard...merica.f2.t1522
Atelier games fansite: http://www.puni-cove.net

#20 Riven

Riven

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:54 PM

I wonder which are the differences between Marie Plus and "Atelier Marie and Elie" for PS2. I know the Plus version has one ending more und more mini-games than the normal version. But what about the PS2 version? Has it better graphics?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance