• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#81 yukihotaru

yukihotaru

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:An incredibly slack English major who's obsessed over otome games, Jrock music, Lolita/Gothic punk clothes, Victorian literature and culture, Oscar Wilde, writing stories, making felt dolls, and all things pretty and frilly...:P
  • Who I fangirl over:Tamaki Suoh, Keigo Todoroki and Hariya

Posted 06 November 2008 - 03:46 PM

I just started playing this game and god, i'm so confused...i definitely can't play this without a guide...-_-lll The test questions...gah!

Anyway, to get the dream ending...does that mean you don't correct them at all? o_O Coz it says the love has to be around 800?!
「雨時々雪、愛時々嘘」

#82 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I can't choose anymore since otome games are getting more popular LOL

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:19 PM

To get the dream ending for the majority of the mistakes just THROUGH them and when the options come up in conversations choose the ones that raise love according to the guides.
Even with the guides I can never answer the quizzes all correctly because since my Japanese isn't the greatest I don't know what certain kanji sound like... =_=; and that really sucks because the events after the quizzes are worth the hassle *bitter laughter*

I'm selling stuff so if you're interested please take a look!

If you want to find more random blabbings of otome games you can look at my livejournal if you want~
I moved...it's called Peaceful Grace.
I've started a new blog at wordpress it's called Reaching Towards You since my LJ is full of my tweets.
If you want to look at pictures you can look at my tumblr nothing special...

The Icon Avatar is from Neskaya.net

#83 chiliztri

chiliztri

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Everyone. Pretty much.

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:28 PM

Also, depending on which version of the game your playing, you can sort of cheat during the quizzes. That's if you have the DS version. What I did was look at the first kanji of the question, memorize it, then close the screen so that the timer doesn't run out. Then use a guide to find the question and the answer. Also, if the question has numbers or words in english you can quick find them to get your answer quickly. That's how I got perfect scores on the quizzes.

Posted Image
永遠なんて。。。ない

#84 Misha

Misha

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:A lot? 8D
  • Who I fangirl over:もう数え切れぬw

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:53 PM

@yukihotaru
That would work too, but just in case you want to tsukkomi them, make sure their study points doesn't go above 400.

I always cheat at the exams. 8D
Whenever I want to look up the answer, I closed my DS so the timer doesn't run out.
Sanada's exams are the easiest, sometimes you don't have to cheat to pass them.

Posted Image
あなたの背中追おう、の彼方まで
lj otome twit tumblr

#85 chiliztri

chiliztri

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:07 PM

I agree, Sanada has the easiest questions. My luck sucks though, I always get questions from anyone but him. Maybe one per test, or none at all.

Posted Image
永遠なんて。。。ない

#86 yukihotaru

yukihotaru

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:An incredibly slack English major who's obsessed over otome games, Jrock music, Lolita/Gothic punk clothes, Victorian literature and culture, Oscar Wilde, writing stories, making felt dolls, and all things pretty and frilly...:P

Posted 07 November 2008 - 01:27 AM

Thanks for the answers everyone! ^_^

I have no problems with the test...it's just...I HATE SANADA! He comes up with English questions that i think i know the answer, only to tell me it's wrong....seriously...OCTO IS TAKO WTH!? o_O To be fair, i did skim through the questions coz i was in a hurry (and playing this at 12 last night...)...XD I did close my DS too, but....meh...

So what's the difference between the love events or study events after the exams? Do u get CGs or does it raises their love? So far i'm in Chapter 3 and i've been choosing love events all the way....8D
And what's the zapping option, as well as the append end? Is that even English? o_O

Also, i'm kinda surprised and dissappointed that Kiyoharu isn't as maniacal as he was in Vitamin Y....
「雨時々雪、愛時々嘘」

#87 Misha

Misha

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:08 AM

I think he's just the same major troublemaker that he is though.. Maybe it was because he's running his Trick or Scream, so he appeared more maniacal?

Yes the events raises parameters accordingly, but no, you don't get any CGs. I chose love events for my 1st playthrough in each route (aiming for Perfect / Dream ending), then came back and choose study events when clearing the Normal ending. That way I can see them both. 8DD

Sometimes Sanada gave those kind of questions to me too, I think I got it but it turns out to be wrong. Meh.. But I still love Sanada anyway. Koinu-sensei.. <33

Posted Image
あなたの背中追おう、の彼方まで
lj otome twit tumblr

#88 yukihotaru

yukihotaru

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:20 AM

I just had a horrible thought....i realized....you can't skip through the dialogue at all, can you? Coz you need to correct their baka speech....orz This means....HOURS AND HOURS of playthroughs for each ending....orz
My exams...my exams next week....orz *dies and will never ever graduate*

Also, i was like -__________-lll when kiyoharu messed up Cinderella and Snow White....what's wrong with highschool kids these days...XDXDXD
「雨時々雪、愛時々嘘」

#89 Misha

Misha

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:34 AM

Wait until you see Hajime mistook you for Marie Antoinette. 8D

You can't skip through the dialogues because you have to find their baka-speech, but after you cleared a chapter and found all of their baka-speech perfectly, you can skip all the dialogues and the game will stop you only at the actioin points. So you won't have to read those loads of dialogues over and over again.

Posted Image
あなたの背中追おう、の彼方まで
lj otome twit tumblr

#90 yukihotaru

yukihotaru

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 07:34 AM

Wait..how does that work? Coz if i want to through it instead of correcting it this time?! Huh?! Don't i need to go through all the convos every single time to get all the endings?

I'm on Kiyoharu's route currently and well...he's a jerk and a pervert...but he really made me laugh a lot...especially during the cultural festival..XD
But WHY is he wearing those ridiculous green glasses!

There aren't many CGs in this game though, is there? :(

I thought the other students would make fun of the teacher too, but apparently they're not too bad..:P
「雨時々雪、愛時々嘘」

#91 Misha

Misha

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 01:43 PM

That's his sunglasses. 8D

Maybe it's a bit confusing, but basically when you're replaying a chapter you've done before (and get all of their baka-speech) you can just skip through the dialogues. You can set the skip mode from system. The game will then skip all the dialogues you've read before, but it will stop you at any actioin points. So basically you'll just need to choose through / tsukkomi all the way until the chapter ends.

That way you can modify any chapter to make the love and study points meet the requirements for your wanted ending, without having to go through those dialogues.

Posted Image
あなたの背中追おう、の彼方まで
lj otome twit tumblr

#92 yukihotaru

yukihotaru

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:03 PM

Tsubasa has pink heartshaped earings....o_O I...omg...*is traumatized* I can't even look at him without cringing now....can i...disable the accessories? orz

@Misha
Ah, i get it now. It's so handy! (o^-')b
I finally finished both Kiyoharu's Perfect and Dream ending...and to be honest...i don't like the dream ending...:(
Spoiler

Are the dream endings all gonna be like this?
「雨時々雪、愛時々嘘」

#93 Misha

Misha

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 01:08 AM

No, I think it's only Kiyoharu's.
I haven't finished Shun, but the others' dream endings are not like that at all.

Actually you can disable the accessories. Go to options and turn the item decoration off.

Posted Image
あなたの背中追おう、の彼方まで
lj otome twit tumblr

#94 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I can't choose anymore since otome games are getting more popular LOL

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:52 AM

In the dream endings the guys do go for their dreams and aren't able to pass the uni entrance exam because their study points aren't high enough.
Even though you don't like his dream ending his appends totally make up for it...really (and it explains to me why the Japanese fans like him so much... ;^^)

Seriously...what's wrong with a (mostly) stable guy like Hajime?! *waves Hajime uchiwa that has neko paws on it fervently*

I'm selling stuff so if you're interested please take a look!

If you want to find more random blabbings of otome games you can look at my livejournal if you want~
I moved...it's called Peaceful Grace.
I've started a new blog at wordpress it's called Reaching Towards You since my LJ is full of my tweets.
If you want to look at pictures you can look at my tumblr nothing special...

The Icon Avatar is from Neskaya.net

#95 chiliztri

chiliztri

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 05:13 AM

I had a total guilt trip from this game. I felt so guilty for throughing them. In my head I was thinking the whole time "I'm the ecchi sensei who let's her students fail for my selfish reasons." Oh well. I liked how they went for their dreams instead of going to uni, but still felt slightly responsible/guilty for it.

Hajime is <33333.

Posted Image
永遠なんて。。。ない

#96 yukihotaru

yukihotaru

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:47 AM

@Misha
OMG THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME THAT! I wonder why they even put accessories in there? They look so silly most of the time!
Tsubasa's mistakes are so easy to spot! He confuses so many words sometimes that it's not even funny!

Hajime looks so much like his teacher that i thought they were brothers at first...-_-lll I guess...stable guys like him are...too normal? I'm planning to go for him 2nd last, the last being Shun. I guess girls all like stable guys in real life but when i know when i'm playing an otome game i definitely want someone who's spontaneous, crazy, quirky and totally not possible to find in real life...:P

I still am confused abt the appeds. How and where do you view them after finishing their required zapping?

Omg, i love this game so much btw, it made me giggle so much! Especially when Kiyoharu was sleepwalking, and Tsubasa's reaction towards the teacher's bento!
「雨時々雪、愛時々嘘」

#97 Misha

Misha

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 09:04 AM

It will appear on their chapter list when you've finished all the required zapping(s).
You need to play all routes (B6 only, not T6) to unlock their appends.

Hajime is stable, but he has his own quirks. I found his obsession towards animals adorable. Probably because I love animals too.. but still, what kind of person would call a white comodo "cute"? o___o; Personally I think his story is the best.

Shun too..

Spoiler

Oh and those accessories actually raises your love/study stats. Or at least that's what I read on the official fanbook, since I never made sure about that.

Posted Image
あなたの背中追おう、の彼方まで
lj otome twit tumblr

#98 yukihotaru

yukihotaru

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:14 PM

...who was it that said Hajime was stable? Was that a sarcastic comment that i totally missed? T^T He so totally scares me!! T^T I'm halfway through his route and everytime the teacher goes to look for him i would be thinking that he's going to have that personality change....ugh....>___< Especially when he's flicking that knife around! Kiyoharu, despite his mischeviousness and brashness, was SO much easier to deal with! I love quirks in guys, but not when the guy's being violent or scary! orz

But that lizard IS cute! Omg, i'm not interested in Mizuki much, but i would definitely play his route just for Toge!! XD
「雨時々雪、愛時々嘘」

#99 D3stinyx

D3stinyx

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many; but my favourite from TMGS should be Hariya Kounoshin.

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:44 PM

Wow. The last post was a long time ago.

I played Vitamin X a long, long time ago when it first came out on DS. I thought the characters were pretty cool. But I was horrified like everyone else when I saw the test questions. I have utterly no idea and I absolutely hated how the time is ticking for you to choose the correct answer. For the test, I referred to a walkthrough, and basically I didn't close my DS- I just scanned through it crazily and most of the times I end up succeeding if I tried hard enough. I loved the events after the tests, though. Eventually I can sort of memorize or even guess the answers, so everything became quite okay towards the end.

I didn't like the whole 'correcting his grammar' part. I HAVE ZERO IDEA WHEN THEY MAKE AN ERROR. >< I relied on a walkthrough for the whole of this game. It was fun seeing characters like Tsubasa, with his 'English' going 'S---" and giving you the harassed expression. Priceless.

This is a TOUGH game. (For me. T^T) Too tough, I think. It cuts down on the enjoyment, but somehow, for me, the adorable-ness of all the characters made up for it.

Sanada is loved. His English questions were the only ones I could answer on my own ability. In his route, he was just beyond cute.

Posted Image

どれだけ 歩いてきたんだろう?
振り向いたら涙の跡

傷つけ 傷つき 辿りついた場所
今ここに君がいる

#100 Hirano

Hirano

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:gaming, drawing, reading, studying Japanese
  • Who I fangirl over:too many to mention...

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:09 AM

I've just started playing the DS version myself and completely freaked out with the exams @______@; But luckily I've found a Japanese otome game blog that gives you a guide for all of the answers under "データ関連" :) 

It's a bit tedious sorting through all of the questions and answers but definitely better than nothing~ Here is the link: http://www.ladygamer...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance