• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 NeoAngelique

NeoAngelique

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Nyx x 1000, Clavis, Erenfried, Tsuchiura, Yunoki.

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:30 AM

Itīs like tokimeki memorial, but itīs way toooo difficult. I only get isaac ending and naoji. and other characters always lend me to the bad ending. Itīs a very difficult game O_o

#2 chiliztri

chiliztri

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Everyone. Pretty much.

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:39 AM

There is a game? Wow, I didn't know that. I watched a few episodes of the anime, but it was sort of boring so I stopped. I find it surprising that it's an otome game! The reason I started watching the anime was because it was supposedly shonen-ai(I think there is one scene involving Camus or something). To think it was based off an otome game.

Posted Image
永遠なんて。。。ない

#3 NeoAngelique

NeoAngelique

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:44 AM

The same game have those kind of shonen-ai or even yaoi scenes with all the characters. Itīs a strange simulating game because itīs a little yuri, normal (boy for girl) and have the shonen-ai or yaoi scenes. But itīs difficult to get a ending. I played a lot and itīs way to difficult. But i played gba version. I donīt know if thereīs a psp o ds version.
This is the site of the ps2 game for more info http://www.konami.jp...me/meineliebe2/ (i havenīt played yet )
I watch the anime for the game, but you are right. The anime version itīs boring. And the character that you play in the game itīs very very secondary.

#4 chiliztri

chiliztri

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Everyone. Pretty much.

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:09 AM

I'll have to see if I can get my hands on the PS2 game. Actually there's two PS2 games. Meine Liebe: Yuubinaru Kioku(which is oddly expensive on YesAsia), and the one you mentioned which is Meine Liebe II: Hokori to Seigi to Ai.

I couldn't help but fall asleep during the anime version. It all seemed really pointless. The whole time I thought "Okay, no plot whatsoever. Where is this anime going?", but unfortunately I got extremely bored and couldn't watch anymore. I even had the whole first and second season, but I stopped midway into the first. *shudder* They even made a second season! Meine Liebe Wieder I believe it's called. It must have been really boring if I stopped watching it, because usually even if it's pretty boring I'll continue until the end.

Posted Image
永遠なんて。。。ない

#5 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Interests:リラちゃん♥poupee girl
  • Who I fangirl over:quirky-voice types

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:35 AM

I've read the manga, and it was oddly entertaining, although I do believe that generally, otome games don't make for very good anime/manga adaptations due to the apparent deficiencies in their plot lines. The manga made me interested in the game for a while, but after doing some research online, I found that the game was, as NeoAngelique has said, very difficult. And so, because I dislike impossibly difficult games (ohoho XDDD), I lost interest in it.

I never would have imagined that the game would include yuri/shounen-ai scenes. It seemed like a straight otome game. *_*
Posted Image

Confusing with nonsensical verbosity>>>>
DF: ad hoc spazz

#6 Riven

Riven

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Must I choose? Arios, Tenma, ...

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:04 AM

I have both games but I havn't played it yet because someone say that it is difficut. So it contains yaoi and yuri? I already wondered why in the OP other girls show up. Have Meine Liebe I and II both shounen-ai elements? Can you tell something about the gameplay? It seems that you can mix things and chose different dresses.

#7 Ningyo

Ningyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:^^;;

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:35 PM

I heard about the anime from a friend a long time ago. Since it came from her, I also thought it was just BL and didn't think too much about it ^^;

Hmmm so there is a game... But if it's really that hard, then I'm kind of hesitant to try it :P I would want a guide at least.

For those who tried it, apart from how hard it is, is it a good game otherwise?

Posted Image
Creator of otome visual novels and RPG's

#8 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I can't choose anymore since otome games are getting more popular LOL

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:01 PM

Ah...this game is frustrating but if you find guides and follow them it'll be okay
It's just a bit harder to manage than TokiMemoGS
Orphe is my favorite guy his ending is really pretty.

I'm selling stuff so if you're interested please take a look!

If you want to find more random blabbings of otome games you can look at my livejournal if you want~
I moved...it's called Peaceful Grace.
I've started a new blog at wordpress it's called Reaching Towards You since my LJ is full of my tweets.
If you want to look at pictures you can look at my tumblr nothing special...

The Icon Avatar is from Neskaya.net

#9 yukihotaru

yukihotaru

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:An incredibly slack English major who's obsessed over otome games, Jrock music, Lolita/Gothic punk clothes, Victorian literature and culture, Oscar Wilde, writing stories, making felt dolls, and all things pretty and frilly...:P
  • Who I fangirl over:Tamaki Suoh, Keigo Todoroki and Hariya

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:45 AM

i watched the 1st and 2nd season of the anime, the 2nd season is actually really good! seriously, give it a try!

can the ds play it? i know that dses can play gba but i'm not really sure how it works when the game is a rom file...
「雨時々雪、愛時々嘘」

#10 Misha

Misha

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:A lot? 8D
  • Who I fangirl over:もう数え切れぬw

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:19 AM

This is the only otome game that managed to drive me nuts so far xD
That's what I get for playing without a guide though.
Everytime I played through Meine Liebe and failed to get a good ending, I feel like slapping Marin because she's the one snatching most of the guys from me.. ;_;

Posted Image
あなたの背中追おう、の彼方まで
lj otome twit tumblr

#11 r4nd0m

r4nd0m

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Seiyuu, mysteries, everything unusual, anything weird and whatever interests me :D
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many...

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:24 PM

yukihotaru: so far, DS can't play GBA roms. Though some people are still trying their best to make it could (Ganbatte!!! > <)

Misha: No wonder, since Mine is wtih Ludwig, while Augusta is with Ed, and Marin is going to be with the others (there's like, 4 guys 0.0)

So far, I still haven't finished the game even once. Mostly quit because of the bombs TT TT They still threw bombs even though I've asked them to go out

Posted Image
「心臓が止まって, 脳の働きが止まる.
死ぬって, ただそれだけの事だろ.」 アキラ

Please take a look if you have time >///<
http://seihinata.deviantart.com/

#12 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Interests:リラちゃん♥poupee girl
  • Who I fangirl over:quirky-voice types

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:31 PM

Bombs? o.<

Must be a Konami thing. Sounds a lot like TMGS, although I do realise that Meine Liebe GBA was released before TMGS 1, therefore it should be the other way around. Quite a common gameplay device, eh. Very interesting.
Posted Image

Confusing with nonsensical verbosity>>>>
DF: ad hoc spazz

#13 Misha

Misha

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:A lot? 8D
  • Who I fangirl over:もう数え切れぬw

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:33 PM

@r4nd0m
Yeah, Wilhelmine and Augusta are both your rival for Ludwig and Ed. Marin will take the rest of the guys. She can even snatch the pen-pal guy! o.o;

Posted Image
あなたの背中追おう、の彼方まで
lj otome twit tumblr

#14 Nao-KK

Nao-KK

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It will take me 3 days and 2 nights to name them all.

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:20 PM

Haha, I first heard of Meine Liebe when I tried to watch the anime (bishounen always attract my attention). Got bored after first 2 episodes, and then decided to wiki it and found the shocking truth that it was based on an otome game!

So then I thought, "Well, where the heck is the lead girl?"

Then I noticed that she makes a cameo appearance in a few episodes, so I went and checked those and thought, "Whaaat? That's it? That's lame!"

Then I read the manga, and although it's short, I actually liked it (though I can only imagine how much game content it missed out on). I thought it was a cute love story. ^^

Manga Spoilers:
Spoiler

And lastly, I attempted to play the GBA game and aim for Naoji (because I loved him in the manga and felt bad for him), but I ended up with a sucky ending (and I heard he was one of the easier characters to get too, yet I failed with him, lol). T_T Then I just never tried playing it ever again (too many factors to keep up with, and one screwy move can cost you your ending, boo hooo).

If you don't want to watch the long boring BL-hinting anime, or play the impossible games, perhaps reading the manga will make it a lot easier as the story really is cute. Just don't expect for a lot of events from the game to be in the manga, since it's only 4 volumes.

#15 Riven

Riven

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Must I choose? Arios, Tenma, ...

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:29 PM

Does someone play Meine Liebe II on an emulator? I think emulators are great if you haven't the chance to save everytime before you choose an option. Meine Liebe I doesn't seem to be compatible with the emulator, it goes to video with Orphen and then after the group picture the screen turns black and you have only audio.

In "Meine Liebe II" you can get past the group picture but I don't have now time to check it further because I didn't finished Bloody Bride.

#16 Alice

Alice

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kazuki Yone *shot*

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:05 PM

Meine Liebe II has completely different gameplay from the first one though~
It's basically a visual novel with a few minigames. (And a much more serious plot OTL..)

#17 NeoAngelique

NeoAngelique

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:43 AM

Well i found a guide for meine liebe for gba, hope you find it useful : http://kagami.mnm-sc...de/mlguide.html

#18 cah_ngesrep

cah_ngesrep

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:playing games....
  • Who I fangirl over:errr.... xD

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:25 AM

neoangelique
wow...thx for the guide link... it help me alot since i'm starting to play this game...... :wink:

Posted Image

#19 r4nd0m

r4nd0m

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Seiyuu, mysteries, everything unusual, anything weird and whatever interests me :D
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many...

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:55 PM

Nao-Koki: the anime is quite boring at first glance. But I eventually love it, especially the second season, Meine Liebe Weider. I've watched it times that my DVD got scratched TT TT. Actually I prefer the anime's atmosphere rather than the game's, it's got this unique aura, unlike the game's where it's like a story of an ordinary live.

Posted Image
「心臓が止まって, 脳の働きが止まる.
死ぬって, ただそれだけの事だろ.」 アキラ

Please take a look if you have time >///<
http://seihinata.deviantart.com/

#20 Yumeshojo

Yumeshojo

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kanazawa, Yorihisa, Akram, Liz, Tomomori, Clavis, Nyx, Nasetya, Karigane

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:20 AM

I ADORE the Meine Liebe series, and I wish SO BAD that I had this game and a japanese ps2. I've decided, since I can't enjoy the real thing, to work on a Visual Novel fangame for it, using Renpy. But I can't find any pics of the girls! I've got the guys, but jeez, are there no full body pics of the girls, seriously?! I'm gonna haveta draw them by hand...anyway, I'm DYING for screenshots from the ps2 game - if you've got it or got them, please let me know!!!!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance