Tsukinae

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Benkei, Sazaki, Hihara

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:37 AM

Posted Image

(from the left, Kaname, Yuuna and Haruto - Illustration © Otomate/Design Factory)

発売日:2009年5月14日発売予定 (Release : 14th May 2009)
Official Site : http://www.otomate.j...leno/index.html

Following the same dating sim concept as "Petit Four", Arcobaleno is your new brand romance settled in a Italian restaurant theme this time.
As the game starts, you take the role of Kayano Yuuna, a 18 years old girl who attends a cooking school called 『室田学園』 (Murota Gakuen). When she was a child, you learn actually that she ran away from home and while she was starving and at the edge of collapsing, she could be saved by a boy who feed her with italian food. From this moment, she decided to become an Italian chef in order to be able to produce the same cooking. Thus, as she was taking a lesson in the present time, she could met a young man called Haruto who was making the exact dish that she could ate 10 years ago. As she recognized the same taste by eating it, she is surprised to learn that the man who saved her life in the past owns an italian restaurant outside. Ambitious to fulfill her dream then, she decides to drop her studies in order to become his apprentice ... although her enthusiasm is not quite shared on the same way from the other side ~

As I'm finishing to translate each character's profiles, I can tell that I'm kinda shocked by the ages of some boys who doesn't seem to be that old ; (x.x) Just look at the blue-haired boy called "Nikichi" ... He is really 28 ? Just by looking at his artwork, I could swear he was the shôta-type ... (@.@) ; Otomate games never cease to surprise me (but not always in the good way) ; Oh, well, the heroine is kinda cute I think, I like her work-outfit (^-^)

Characters :
Murota Kaname (Seiyuu : Jun Fukuyama) : A 18 years old student who goes to the same school cooking as Yuuna. Although he possesses a strong sense of the responsibilities and appears as a leader, he is curiously unwilling to execute a complete service (Note by Tsuki : the text in Japanese is indicating toward "customer's tables" ... I think he is a clumsy character (^^) ; ~ ). Even if the situation is bothering him, he will do his best to help our heroine to be a part of the restaurant staff. On a more last important detail, we learn that he is also the son of the Murota School's chairman.

Nasu Haruto (Seiyuu : Tachibana Shinnosuke) : The chief and owner of Arcobaleno. He is the main reason who decided Yuuna to become an italian chief as she was "saved" by him 10 years ago. He is considered as a gifted cook, although he is cruelly missing of sociability : he is quiet person but sometimes engenders a sort of "icy atmosphere" around him without really noticing it. Because of that, he will neglect Yuuna at the beginning but will develop a certain interest in her as the young girl is determinate to fulfill her dream.

Saotome Nikichi (Seiyuu : Mizushima Takahiro) : Don't be fooled by his young appearance ~ Nikichi may be cute but he is actually the oldest member of the Arcobaleno's staff. From his 28 years, he is in charge of the restaurant management to the storages-checking up to the advertising. He is a realistic guy who tends to be firm when it's necessary.

Komatsu Ryuunosuke (Seiyuu : Hino Satoshi) : Initially, he is the veritable owner of Arcobaleno that he received from the inheritance of his grandfather (Note by Tsuki : The text said that both him and Haruto decided to open the restaurant but there is no date indicated when that event happened). Although the idea of cooking is troublesome for him, he is in charge to elaborate new dishes and menus to satisfy the customers. Apparently, he tends to change the management policy whenever he want but because of his friendly conduct, he can't be really hated for that (^^) ; ...

Katsura Fuuta (Seiyuu : Naruse Makoto) : As Yuuna and Kanano, he is also from the Murota's school in the first grade class. Not much is know about him excepted the fact that he is not from here and often tends to fall in a homesickness state in some various degrees ;

Basilio Graziani (Seiyuu : Noriaki Sugiyama) : An italian who often come to visit Murota School as a lecturer. He is apparently from a famous Italian restaurant called "Estremo" and seems to be extremely popular among schoolgirls because of his looks. He is the first person to have noticed Yuuna's talent and seems also to have a sort of bond with Haruto.

Yaki Shiyouko (Seiyuu : Toriumi Katsumi) : A gourmet writer who appears to be interested in Yuuna's skills.

#2 Moe

Moe

ばか猫

• Hachiyo
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping... Like seriously...
  • Who I fangirl over:The guy from that game!!

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:05 AM

Hoho this time it's Italian restarurant...

kekeke I already got feeling our dearest Litewolf would have a good time with this one, for the story or maybe for the lol when they start using the language...

Spoiler

But I do like the heroine... She have the not cutesy vibe...

Posted ImagePosted Image

MNR otome game Love blossom Extended, the hidden truth!

Spoiler

Love blossom walkthrough if you ever need it
Videogames ruined my life... Thank God I'm a katz so I have lives to spare

Posted Image
HAPPY 6TH ANNIVERSARY MNR

#3 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Seems I reached the point where they are too many ...

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:43 AM

<- is already prepared for the LULZ

Do I see Hino Satoshi again? Have the feeling the guy discovered that otome world is better money XD
About the age, it was the same in Petit Four the shota was older than two of the other characters X3
Well, well, I kinda liked Petit Four so maybe I'll like this one too behind all the LULZ for the language.

Support your bishie, join today the Save Our Bishies (SOB).

And while you're at it, Save Our Seiyuu (SOS).

Posted Image

Selling some goods and I accept offers

#4 Tsukinae

Tsukinae

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:07 PM

You know, it's not that worse when you have seen "cuming soon" on another game site as I did xD but yay, for language mistake anyways ( ' w ' ) ...
I remember some characters from Petit Four, it's Shizuka who seemed to be more young isn't it ? He is actually 22 but damn, Nikichi is 28 years old here (=w=) ;; It seems the artwork is for something but still ; It's really not credible (^^);;

#5 Rinai

Rinai

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:.

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:02 PM

I saw this in a magazine yesterday and the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the word ARCOBALENO was Hitman REBORN!. Hahaha.

It looks really good though, and the heroine is pretty. Might have to check this one out XD

Posted Image

#6 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I can't choose anymore since otome games are getting more popular LOL

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:33 PM

The art is the same as Petit Four...well, I guess we shouldn't be surprised.
The thing that surprises me is though is that the owner who is 28 looks like the youngest out of all of them! His seiyuu is Mizushima Hiro (looks back at Hoshiiro no Okurimono)

The CG of the last character is really amusing and adorable...it made me grin from ear to ear.

I'm selling stuff so if you're interested please take a look!

If you want to find more random blabbings of otome games you can look at my livejournal if you want~
I moved...it's called Peaceful Grace.
I've started a new blog at wordpress it's called Reaching Towards You since my LJ is full of my tweets.
If you want to look at pictures you can look at my tumblr nothing special...

The Icon Avatar is from Neskaya.net

#7 ginga

ginga

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tsukimori Len, Kaji Aoi

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:20 PM

Exactly the same thoguht at arcobaleno- Katekyou hitman????

is it just me, or does the characters nowadays gets older and older? XDD
I remember a few years ago they were all in high school (16 ish)
and some were even 14...

now they're all 18 and above... (27...!)
"Expecting someone? Peeking through your window so late at night."

#8 Rinai

Rinai

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:.

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:33 PM

His seiyuu is Mizushima? Oh man. I love him as an actor but k,sdgklfsjh eh his voice acting is still... novice-y? They casted him as Naja in World Destruction and he did an OK job, not outstanding though.

I guess older characters is just a new trend? At least if they're older than 18 we can't be pedos for them. Haha.

Posted Image

#9 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I can't choose anymore since otome games are getting more popular LOL

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:56 PM

His seiyuu is Mizushima? Oh man. I love him as an actor but k,sdgklfsjh eh his voice acting is still... novice-y? They casted him as Naja in World Destruction and he did an OK job, not outstanding though.

I guess older characters is just a new trend? At least if they're older than 18 we can't be pedos for them. Haha.

Oh...you're thinking of the wrong Mizushima Hiro you're thinking of this person 水嶋 ヒロ right?
I meant Mizushima Takahiro...I made a mistake~ x:
Anyway, if you've seen the Romeo x Juliet anime...he's Romeo. LOL

I'm selling stuff so if you're interested please take a look!

If you want to find more random blabbings of otome games you can look at my livejournal if you want~
I moved...it's called Peaceful Grace.
I've started a new blog at wordpress it's called Reaching Towards You since my LJ is full of my tweets.
If you want to look at pictures you can look at my tumblr nothing special...

The Icon Avatar is from Neskaya.net

#10 Milk_n_Flour

Milk_n_Flour

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Games, manga, books, music, baking, traveling, world news, philosophy, science and technology.
  • Who I fangirl over:Suzuka Kazuma, Gyokuryuu, Saeki Teru, Atori Mahiro

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:16 AM

I agree, somehow i am glad to find out that there are older guys in otome games. Although I usually ignore the age when I play, just pretend I am 15 again :grin:

is it me or the purple haired guy is kind of evil looking. I love devilish characters
"Shut up and just follow me" - DBSK fan service :)

#11 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:35 AM

>_>

<_<

>_<

I tried my best alone, but in the end I had to google the first name of the Italian guy (the surname was easy), I couldn't figure it out by myself T^T katakana and pronunciations are still a mistery to me
Kudos for the choice, an uncommon name ^^

Posted Image

#12 Ningyo

Ningyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:^^;;

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:49 AM

Hmm I like the art in this one. And the age-range (lol).

Is it just me, or does the japanese have a thing with "Oh, we'll have this character who is the oldest of them, and make him look like a grade-schooler" ? :P

Posted Image
Creator of otome visual novels and RPG's

#13 r4nd0m

r4nd0m

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Seiyuu, mysteries, everything unusual, anything weird and whatever interests me :D
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many...

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:37 PM

The art *0* ... Moreover if it's like Petit Four, does it means we'll got italian foods' recipes? Now I could hear my stomach rumbling...

Ningyo - just like Hunny-senpai :D but then, this type of character is just too... typical.
And what's with the age gap? there's only two character in the same age as the heroine. While others have at least 6 years gap. Not that it's a bad thing, though (as long as there's bishounens *smacked*)

Posted Image
「心臓が止まって, 脳の働きが止まる.
死ぬって, ただそれだけの事だろ.」 アキラ

Please take a look if you have time >///<
http://seihinata.deviantart.com/

#14 yukihotaru

yukihotaru

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:An incredibly slack English major who's obsessed over otome games, Jrock music, Lolita/Gothic punk clothes, Victorian literature and culture, Oscar Wilde, writing stories, making felt dolls, and all things pretty and frilly...:P
  • Who I fangirl over:Tamaki Suoh, Keigo Todoroki and Hariya

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:03 PM

The art is so pretty for this game! T^T Grr....PS2....orz Good looking guys AND Italian food....aarggh....

And wow, i totally didn't expect the heroine's clothes to look like that! o_O From the main pic, her upper body only, i thought it would be like, white pants or something like that but....orz

@r4ndom
Yeah, but Hunny senpai was kinda more believable...a 18 year old boy looking like a 8 year old boy, prolly ok if you stretch your imagination a bit, but a 28 year old looking like a 15 year old...orz I don't know...28 is when your age starts to show, isnt it? :P

I dont really mind the age gap thing, as long as the characters really DO act their age, and the developers didn't just decide on a number for fun...but yeah, it would've been nicer to have...younger guys..:P
「雨時々雪、愛時々嘘」

#15 Ningyo

Ningyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:20 PM

Vndb.org needs more otome games... (adds game). I hope it's alright that I used your translation of the story, Tsukinae.

Hmm yeah, too bad it's another PS2 game. I have a bad patience for playing these kinds of games on PS2 I'm afraid ^^; I find it easier to space out and read them on a pc....
(Not counting how much eaiser it also is for me to read them on a pc, lol)

Posted Image

#16 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:29 PM

Vndb.org needs more otome games... (adds game). I hope it's alright that I used your translation of the story, Tsukinae.

You know, you usually ask BEFORE using something. If tsukinae doesn't reply, remove it asap, you didn't even credit her.

Posted Image

#17 Ningyo

Ningyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:21 PM

Hmm yeah :S Actually, I won't put it in before she says yes.....

Posted Image

#18 Tsukinae

Tsukinae

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:21 PM

(I've edited the presentation by adding the character's translation. Sorry to be late but I wasn't feeling well lately (;-; ) ...
Anyways uh ... Ningyo, I've seen that you pasted my text before asking me (^^) ; ... I prefer that my awful translation in both Japanese & English stay here for that I can keep some "editing" controls. Thank you for your understanding.)

#19 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:21 AM

Don't worry Tsukinae, it's your work and you can do what you want with it.

Anyway, the Italian guy is [ Basilio Graziani ], its seiyuu is Noriaki Sugiyama ^^

Posted Image

#20 Ningyo

Ningyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:16 AM

That's ok, I understand. And don't worry, it' not there any more :)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 My NeoRomance