#1 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It changes.

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:43 PM

Apparently anything paranormal can be 'hot' these days ^^ I've just watched the DVD special Episode 12 and 13.

Spoiler

Created by Peach-Pit, Zombie Loan has been ongoing since 2003 (at 10 volumes, which makes it about two volumes of manga released per year =/).

Z-Loan kind of reminds me of Fruits Basket with the three main characters, lulz. And the most pertinent question xDD

Who do you think Michiru should end up with should it turn into a romance? (even though I hardly think Z-Loan has romance lol)

Spoiler

#2 Tokidoki

Tokidoki

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Too hard to answer~!

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:26 PM

Oho~ Chika all the way when if comes to Michiru...
I haven't watched the anime, but I'm reading the manga~ it's definitely shonen >.>; but the dynamic between the characters is still really appealing...also maybe because it has a female lead?

#3 Nami

Nami

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Blood n' Gray <3

Posted 11 December 2008 - 11:16 PM

Oooh! I've read the manga of this series...it's a really girly looking shounen series though. It's a cute idea though. And well, i always loved killing zombies and now I like looking at them too. o_o For a while I wasn't sure if I should really think of it as shounen. The main girl character is really sweet, but the manga is REALLY slow...does peach-pit to other series? Or is manga not their main job? T_T

Well...I guess I can't complain, at least they are continuing their series....unlike some manga that just stops being published *suffers many times*

#4 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:51 PM

Peach-Pit does Rozen Maiden too. I love their art, but somehow the anime version falls kind of short. Only 13 episodes, and in some parts you kinda get the feeling the animators got lazy, rofl.

One of my feelings when it came to the end of Episode 11

Spoiler

#5 naiome

naiome

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Anything that involves Tsukimori-kun and Taniyama-kun...XD
  • Who I fangirl over:Tsukimori Len

Posted 24 December 2008 - 11:31 AM

One of my favorite anime. I total love the story especially the characters. I like the idea of having one girl and two boys as the protagonist.

Chika-kun and Shito-kun would really reminds you of Fruits Basket because of their attitude. I like Michiru because even though she is weak at the beginning you would see that she is changing as the series progresses. Her character is also quite mysterious. Also I wonder if someone would end up with Michiru. I'm fine whoever she ends up with. Well better not get my hopes high because this is a shonen manga/anime.

To bad the series only had 13 episodes. I wish there would be a 2nd season. As of now I'll just stick to the manga and I can say that the story now gets more interesting for more mysteries are being solved. I recommend that you all see the manga. :grin:

#6 Guest_Mintz_*

Guest_Mintz_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2008 - 06:37 AM

I really liked this series, though at first I found it slightly creepy. The plot is an interesting twist and not like stuff you usually watch.

#7 13sugars

13sugars

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:all of 'em bishies

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:53 AM

Okay, I just wanted to comment that the description of this subforum cracked me up. "First there were hot vampires. Now there are hot zombies." <-- that's FUNNY (lmao). And yes, I've seen the anime too, and it left me wanting for more. And for some reason, Chika, Michiru and Shito's relationship somewhat reminds me of Samurai Champloo's. Sadly, I have this habit of just sticking to the anime only. I rarely read mangas so I guess I'll never know what happened from where the anime left off.

Posted Image
☼ ~ ♥ ~ ☼ ~ ♥ ~ ☼ ~ ♥ ~

#8 Zully Quirke

Zully Quirke

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, otome games, RPG's, gardening, ABJD's
  • Who I fangirl over:Yunoki Azuma, Madoka Kijyou, Suzuoka Ren

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:38 AM

Haha, I'm the opposite. For some reason I can't sit through animes, but I'll read a manga. I'm really hoping someone picks up ZL and fills in the gaps more reliably than what we have scanlated right now, though I'm also picking it up as it's distributed stateside.

I've been a big fan for about.. a year now? When the anime came out and I heard about it, it's one of the few I watched. Then I heard it was ending after 11 episodes and went "WHAT ARE YOU SERIOUS."

I'm really glad the manga's still going, at least. There is so much we still don't know about .. SO MUCH. Though I am glad that they released the special episodes 12 and 13. It was awesome to see A-Loan animated and voiced!
Posted Image

#9 Maverynthia

Maverynthia

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:JD & Jet; Androids and Artificially created men!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:45 AM

Haha, I'm the opposite. For some reason I can't sit through animes, but I'll read a manga. I'm really hoping someone picks up ZL and fills in the gaps more reliably than what we have scanlated right now, though I'm also picking it up as it's distributed stateside.

It's been out for about a year O_O Yen Press is doing, they recently released Vol. 4 complete with the color page.
Posted Image

#10 nyx

nyx

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kahoko...?

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:49 PM

i like the way you wrote the post title...First there were hot vampires, now there are hot zombies.

it kinda amuses me...i've read the manga before the anime got started but didn't continue reading it due to my schoolwork
Aide-toi et le Ciel t'aidera

#11 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:02 PM

Haha, sounds like a good tagline, doesn't it? Random lines like that pop into my head at times.

Actually - I'm ashamed to admit I've forgotten most of what happened, lol. Like, the competition between the zombies are like . . er? and the romantic route its taking seems to be heading a way that I would RATHER much avoid.

#12 13sugars

13sugars

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:21 AM

Romantic route? No way! There's a romantic route?! I can't believe I'm missing these info from not reading the manga. What a pity! What a pity! Heh, I'll just go and find meself some spoilies for this then. I'm so curious! (lol)

Posted Image
☼ ~ ♥ ~ ☼ ~ ♥ ~ ☼ ~ ♥ ~

#13 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:46 AM

Um, if you like yuri, then yes, there's a romantic route going on.

Lol.

#14 Xeiran

Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Location:On some island in the middle of nowhere surrounded by Bishounen~
  • Who I fangirl over:Do I have to choose?~

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:58 AM

I watched the anime when it first came out but at the time there was only 11 episodes. Never knew there was an episode 12, and 13. Were they ever subbed?

Yuri? Meh, I don't really like that stuff. I wonder why they are adding it in when there are so many wonderful bishies to choose from?
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#15 13sugars

13sugars

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:31 AM

Yuri? (lol) Somehow, that's not surprising. :D

~Xeiran~ I guess the yuri is an added fanservice or something.. maybe (lol) And yes, I believe episode 12 and 13 were subbed... I just can't seem to remember which fansub group subbed it atm.

Posted Image
☼ ~ ♥ ~ ☼ ~ ♥ ~ ☼ ~ ♥ ~

#16 miku09

miku09

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:29 AM

YAY!!! I've actually read information about this series but haven't had the opportunity to watch it. But when I've read the description of the title, "First, there were hot vampires... now there are Hot Zombies", OMG!! OK! I've had the courage to watch it! XD

And yeah.. now I'm currently watching episode 07... and so far.... I could feel yaoi in the air!!! *O* Well, I haven't yet read the manga so for me, the romantic route might be BL!!! Yaaaaaaay!!! XD

Spoiler

HAWTNESS OVERLOAD

Spoiler

#17 13sugars

13sugars

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:52 AM

~miku09~ Wait 'till you get to the last two episodes that were shown, which was 10 & 11. 12 & 13 were later released only in DVD thus were also subbed late.

Posted Image
☼ ~ ♥ ~ ☼ ~ ♥ ~ ☼ ~ ♥ ~

#18 miku09

miku09

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:54 AM

~miku09~ Wait 'till you get to the last two episodes that were shown, which was 10 & 11. 12 & 13 were later released only in DVD thus were also subbed late.

Yeah! Now, I've finished watching it! And... I could say that the yaoi-aura have been blown by the wind! >__> And yeah! I was left hanging on the final episode! I want to read the manga! XD

So I just wanted to ask... in what chapter/volume in the manga did the anime ended??? Thank you in advance!!! :mrgreen:

HAWTNESS OVERLOAD

Spoiler

#19 Zully Quirke

Zully Quirke

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, otome games, RPG's, gardening, ABJD's
  • Who I fangirl over:Yunoki Azuma, Madoka Kijyou, Suzuoka Ren

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:55 PM

It's been out for about a year O_O Yen Press is doing, they recently released Vol. 4 complete with the color page.

Yeah, I know. :o But the scanlations have it out to chapter 30-something.

Spoiler

Posted Image

#20 Shiratsuki

Shiratsuki

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Location:Anxiously waiting for college application results...which won't come out for another 3 months
  • Interests:I have so many interests! Most of which are related to manga or anime. XD
  • Who I fangirl over:Peter White, Kaji Aoi, Yunoki Azuma *goes on for several hours*

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:14 AM

wait, yuri??? *dives for her copy of Zombie-Loan* But there are so many bishies to choose from, like Shito or Chika. I really like the series though, since it's a really different idea.
Talking to yourself is NOT INSANE! I completely don't believe that saying! It's only when you argue and lose the argument that you should start worrying...

Posted Image

Signature and avatar by Ayane~ Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance