#1 Cloudy

Cloudy

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Shitara Seiji

Posted 27 October 2008 - 05:20 AM

Anyone ever play Okami? It's an awesome game full of Japanese legends and culture. I've played both the PS2 and Wii version (both are pretty much the same but PS2 is better) You can use special techniques to draw during battles and destroy your enemies!

#2 Tokidoki

Tokidoki

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Too hard to answer~!

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:50 PM

Ahh I love this game <3 the art is fantastic and the calligraphic bit is really neat.
I'm told it had middling sales though >.> seems like a lot of gamer types aren't keen on the premise...they're missing out ~.~

#3 Cloudy

Cloudy

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:17 AM

It really is great isn't it? The sales for this game were terrible even though reviewers praised it. The creators were thinking of making a sequel but with bad sales I don't think that will happen...

#4 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Interests:リラちゃん♥poupee girl
  • Who I fangirl over:quirky-voice types

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:56 AM

The nonsensical cheeps that are supposed to be the characters talking are quite funny. It gets quite annoying though, especially when you're trying to nap, but someone is on the PS2 playing. XDD
Posted Image

Confusing with nonsensical verbosity>>>>
DF: ad hoc spazz

#5 Ve.RoNiCa

Ve.RoNiCa

Open Otaku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Draw sleep eat cook manga otome games anime computer jmusic...
  • Who I fangirl over:Takuma~ Mahiro sempai~ *Q*)...

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:20 PM

It really is great isn't it? The sales for this game were terrible even though reviewers praised it. The creators were thinking of making a sequel but with bad sales I don't think that will happen...

Well the Capcom branch that were responsible for producing it already shut down, so I doubt there'll be a sequel.

I'm stuck at like.. a bit further than the beginning... And kinda left it at that. ;-;

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted Image

#6 Tokidoki

Tokidoki

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Too hard to answer~!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:29 PM

Well the Capcom branch that were responsible for producing it already shut down, so I doubt there'll be a sequel.

I'm stuck at like.. a bit further than the beginning... And kinda left it at that. ;-;

Yeah, it was Clover Studios...too bad on that one. =x I was surprised at how well it was reviewed (IGN game of the year!) versus the actual sales (200,000 copies for the PS2, 280,000 for the Wii)
I'm thinking they must have made a profit on the Wii version though, since ports are pretty cheap to do >.>

#7 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I can't choose anymore since otome games are getting more popular LOL

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:14 AM

My sister finished playing this game over the summer.
Ah...I have yet to finish it and I started it first
Currently I'm at the ghost ship with the miko...I don't remember her name....

I'm selling stuff so if you're interested please take a look!

If you want to find more random blabbings of otome games you can look at my livejournal if you want~
I moved...it's called Peaceful Grace.
I've started a new blog at wordpress it's called Reaching Towards You since my LJ is full of my tweets.
If you want to look at pictures you can look at my tumblr nothing special...

The Icon Avatar is from Neskaya.net

#8 Cloudy

Cloudy

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:52 AM

@chemistry

The cheeps are funny but it makes it really hard to take the game seriously at times -.-;; It kind of ruins the mood especially during serious moments of the game when I get really into and then hear the high-pitched cheeping -.-

@Hazuki

The name of the priestess is Rao I believe? The ghost ship actually scared me a bit because it was sort of erie.

#9 Xeiran

Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Location:On some island in the middle of nowhere surrounded by Bishounen~
  • Who I fangirl over:Do I have to choose?~

Posted 18 November 2008 - 11:56 PM

I've seen this game a couple of times but never really looked into it. What is it about? I might look into getting it if it has a good plot~
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#10 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I can't choose anymore since otome games are getting more popular LOL

Posted 19 November 2008 - 04:24 AM

I've seen this game a couple of times but never really looked into it. What is it about? I might look into getting it if it has a good plot~

The setting takes place in a world in a world similar to ancient Japan. The game features lots of mythology and historical figures. The hero(ine) is a wolf from the heaves called Amaterasu (which, is the name of the mother Sun Goddess in Japanese mythology) she goes traveling around the world recovering her powers and doing godly deeds in the process to defeat the demon Orochimaru who is plaguing the world.

If you want to find more random blabbings of otome games you can look at my livejournal if you want~
I've started a new blog at wordpress it's called Reaching Towards You since my LJ is full of my tweets.

#11 RuthLovesKurama

RuthLovesKurama

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:Kurama. Anime, Manga, Bishounens, video games, writing, Drawing, Art, Sleeping, eating..
  • Who I fangirl over:Kurama, Yunoki, Eisen, ok basically all bishies.

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:24 AM

I want this game. But, Which version is better? The wii, or PS2 version? I think the PS2 version has come down to 20$. I looks like a great game, and i've heard Okami was a great one.

#12 Cloudy

Cloudy

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:47 AM

If you can't choose, I think you should go for the PS2 version. Both are the same but the PS2 version had easier controls. The Wii version gets very annoying having to swing the stupid controller so much and you have to do a fast swipe for power slashes or it won't count. D:<

#13 Milk_n_Flour

Milk_n_Flour

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Games, manga, books, music, baking, traveling, world news, philosophy, science and technology.
  • Who I fangirl over:Suzuka Kazuma, Gyokuryuu, Saeki Teru, Atori Mahiro

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:07 PM

For those who liked Legend of Zelda, they'll probably like Okami too. It's a great game and so funny at times (and a little perverted too).
I absolutely love the graphics! It's like a painting.
"Shut up and just follow me" - DBSK fan service :)

#14 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:56 PM

If you can't choose, I think you should go for the PS2 version. Both are the same but the PS2 version had easier controls. The Wii version gets very annoying having to swing the stupid controller so much and you have to do a fast swipe for power slashes or it won't count. D:<

I agree with Cloudy I've heard so many bad things about the wii version. It's not easier than the PS2 version except for the arrow for the direction I guess...but gameplay wise they make you have to be very precise for the brush strokes it's not funny.

#15 Nika

Nika

borderline spammer.

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Interests:Music, Rpg's, Music, Anime, music, manga, and ummm, Music :D
  • Who I fangirl over:Hihara Kazuki, Himuro Reiichi, Ace, Julius

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:10 PM

I only played the Wii version for 5 minutes, but I think I like the PS2 version better as well. The graphics are nice as well. (in the Wii version, the whole painting effect was toned down a bit)

The plot is not fantastic on its own *coughsavetheworldcough*, but the way in which they involved all the legends is great. It's probably funnier if you recognise some of them, but still nice to see even if you don't know them. The actual game play and visuals are what made the game for me though. The gameplay is very fluent and fun to do, and the visuals are simply stunning. The world is really pretty. I've spent so many time simply running around looking at the world, trying to find the most picturesque spot, etc. (I haven't had that in a long time, Prince of Persia that came out last month was the first game to make me do that again *nostalgic mood*). The characters are also very lovable and funny ^^

#16 tegami

tegami

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:the guys of Kuranoa/Cry No More

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:14 AM

I have this on the PS2...not sure how long ago...but I love this game! The unique system and the art >.< ...I demand a SEQUEL though. Highly recommended.

#17 Riven

Riven

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Must I choose? Arios, Tenma, ...

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:51 PM

This game is really unique but the "language" annoys me so much that I turned off the SE Sound. I wish "Ammy" has more personality - or would show more emotions. At the moment I'm in the Tsuta ruins and don't succeed in jumping the wall :neutral: .

#18 Savvy

Savvy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:the jerks... as long as they aren't rapists

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:22 PM

I own both versions of the game, and I actually prefer the Wii version, mostly for small gameplay improvements like shortened time to sprint. The Wiimote can be finicky when using the celestial brush sometimes, but for the most part it feels pretty natural.

It's sad that Okami didn't sell better, as it plays well and is a gorgeous game, and you can buy the art book in english! Though Capcom seems to be giving it a little love as they included the last boss as a playable character in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, which will soon be released in America. And Beyond Good and Evil is getting a sequel (another critically acclaimed game that sold poorly), so Okami may one day see a part 2. Clover Studios has folded, but all the big creative directors went on to form Platinum Games, so Capcom could always tap them if they wanted to make another game.

#19 Nika

Nika

borderline spammer.

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Interests:Music, Rpg's, Music, Anime, music, manga, and ummm, Music :D
  • Who I fangirl over:Hihara Kazuki, Himuro Reiichi, Ace, Julius

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:46 AM

This game is really unique but the "language" annoys me so much that I turned off the SE Sound. I wish "Ammy" has more personality - or would show more emotions. At the moment I'm in the Tsuta ruins and don't succeed in jumping the wall :neutral: .

Hmm, I never though of Ammy as having little personality. It seems to like mocking isshun. True that it usually doesn't react much to things, but that can be seen as personality as well I think?

#20 Riven

Riven

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Must I choose? Arios, Tenma, ...

Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:07 PM

If the controlls are more difficult in Wii, then I'm grateful that I have the PS2 Version because otherwise I had never finished the game and I found parts of it really difficult so I skipped much optional stuff. I have no patience and time to try something for hours.

As for Ammy, she appears to be silly ( or perhaps you get the feeling because Isshun treats her so the whole time ). I like Waka and Oki and wished

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance