• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#41 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Location:wondering how she could be attracted to a 3000 yr old bishie
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:09 AM

Actually, so far, I have to say that I am not very impressed with the anime.

The quality of the anime is good, very pretty, but I think the storyline is very rushed. By episode 5 they have already gone up to end of vol 2 which was like, err...they are catching up way too fast to the manga. I liked it more in the manga how it goes in deeper to the inside feelings of the characters, and it's alot sadder and darker as to the reason why they did the things they did.

Most of all, I think the anime is starting to suggest alot of sebastianxCiel...which I dont understand why they always have to add some BL hint to it???? >(
Posted Image
avvy and siggy featuring Gackt Kamui, the hawt 40 year old =w=
thank you yori for making the set for me :"D

Posted Image
Help keeping MNR alive by buying your otome goodies through here.

#42 Rinai

Rinai

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:.

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:23 AM

To be honest, I really never expect much out of anime except for good eye candy and icon material, especially when it comes to lesser known series like this. I think it's a bit more humorous than the manga at least, and its given me some good laughs, but they're not pacing it very well. I don't mind the hinted Sebastian x Ciel in the anime really, I think its cute.

Posted Image

#43 kotoristrife

kotoristrife

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Videogames, and...
  • Who I fangirl over:Suefumi,Len Tsukimori,Yuichi-senpai, Blood, Julius, & Ace

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:14 AM

Hmmm....so far I'm enjoying the anime and have no problems yet. I actually like the relationship that sebastian and ciel have. the comic relief provided by the other staff is sometimes just too funny since sebastian have to correct them. And the ending is so cute with chibi sebastian running around to do his tasks....though, I really don't like the ending song.

#44 celestite

celestite

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Location:A country where we can't found any otome games in Store T____T
  • Interests:Read manga wit a lot of bishie pics...
    Playing otome game and hear some music...
    And the last is playing with my friends!
  • Who I fangirl over:too much! I cant count~

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:57 AM

I love this series too.
( I recently fall in love with this manga, and quickly ordered the manga from vol 1 until vol 5, now i hope my order will quickly arrive...)
I think the manga is more good than the anime.
The anime is too rushed, so i think it will be bad if the anime quickly ended.

Btw the new circus ark is really interesting, i love their costume.
And how the story going! So interesting.

#45 nyx

nyx

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kahoko...?

Posted 15 November 2008 - 07:57 AM

@ renai: i saw it and it isn't. glad it's not yaoi. i like the plot and i am watching it
Aide-toi et le Ciel t'aidera

#46 midorihimesama

midorihimesama

バカ姫

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • Interests:doodling, drabbling, singing my lungs out (and other people's eardrums off), and fangirlish squealing ^^
  • Who I fangirl over:too many already (what a sinful woman, lol)

Posted 17 November 2008 - 04:22 PM

So I started reading this because my brother was curious about it. Have only read up to volume 1 and I must say it's either my comprehension is bad, or the scanlations are confusing me, lol. So yeah, sometimes I don't quite get what they're saying. Sebastian is <333 of course. My brother thought this was shoujo because of Sebastian's character design (sheesh.. lame excuse) before I told him there will be blood.

I think I'll wait for it to be released in my country or maybe I should watch the anime for better understanding (and because of Ono Daisuke Xp). Is the anime that bad? I've been hearing not-so-good reviews.

Posted Image

Save Our Seiyuu and Bishies. Period.

Glomps Shaina@LJ for this LOL scan of Uchida

#47 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Seems I reached the point where they are too many ...

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:09 PM

I watched two episodes, and I have mixed feelings. It's not that I didn't enjoy it, but the only parts that got my interest were the ones with Sebastian and Ciel, all the other 'funny' characters can disappear >_> It's like they break the mood of the story, which is obviously dark and why all Italians are always mafia boys T^T and what name did they pick...

Support your bishie, join today the Save Our Bishies (SOB).

And while you're at it, Save Our Seiyuu (SOS).

Posted Image

Selling some goods and I accept offers

#48 midorihimesama

midorihimesama

バカ姫

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • Interests:doodling, drabbling, singing my lungs out (and other people's eardrums off), and fangirlish squealing ^^
  • Who I fangirl over:too many already (what a sinful woman, lol)

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:38 PM

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks the author should do away those 'funny characters' ==;; They get on my nerves even only in the 1st volume. Why Ciel works useless people is beyond me..
Haha, yeah, why does it have to be Italians as mafias..

I think I'll wait until more episodes for the anime is out before I watch it. If the reviews tend to go on the negative side, then it'll have to wait a little longer. I must say that the art is wonderful though!!

Posted Image

Save Our Seiyuu and Bishies. Period.

Glomps Shaina@LJ for this LOL scan of Uchida

#49 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:31 PM

litewolf:

I agree with you on the annoying useless comical characters. =_=
I think that was the feedback the author got as well, so I think after vol 1 of the manga, those guys started to disappear. It just concentrated on Sebastian and Ciel and the crimes. And from recent chapters, it looks like the "main" detective group is increasing with more and more cool and kakkoi characters xD

oh, and trust me, the anime did the manga no justice. It was too fast, and did not get deep into the dark side and emotions of the characters. but if you read the manga, it will get you hooked.

midorihime:

I have heard from people that they dont understand what the heck it is going on. I think its probably because the scanlations did a crappy job. This manga is actually very hard to translate, because of the difficult Japanese words used. So if they dont translate it properly, they will not be able to express the feelings and emotions of the characters let alone explaning the crime.

because what usually happens when Sebastian and Ciel goes around investigating clues of the crimes, and from the clues they hear, you as a reader can also get involved and try to figure out who the culprit is. But if people cannot translate the clues properly, it will make you go all ???? about the story.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#50 kandyse

kandyse

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Hachiyous, stella quintet, kaname, ichijou, shiki

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:56 AM

I watched the anime yesterday, stopped at episode 7. I think this anime is really good. i dont find it draggy like some other animes. its interesting and funny too. yeppp.

cant wait to buy the mangas <3
when i have enough money
SOB (save our bishies)

#51 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 01:27 AM

I am actually even more disappointed with the anime now that they started the filler episodes and then because they are filler episodes, they totally dropped the quality of the animation...==

But I think it's a shounen manga thing, they always add in filler episodes to let the manga progress further because the anime always catch up too fast...

but if you are a fan, seriously read the manga and watch the anime just for fun. Or else you dont know what you are missing out on >_<
Posted Image

Posted Image

#52 kandyse

kandyse

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 05:31 AM

but if you are a fan, seriously read the manga and watch the anime just for fun. Or else you dont know what you are missing out on >_<

ok i will bear that in mind, haha and i am doing that already. cuz currently im saving up money to get the mangas XD
SOB (save our bishies)

#53 Rinai

Rinai

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:42 AM

That's what I tend to do (assuming the anime is based off a manga, like in the case of some series where it isn't). The Kuroshitsuji manga translations are very awkward so I tend to just read them RAW :|

...not only are they starting with fillers, but the fillers are BIZARRE. Ahaha.

Posted Image

#54 kandyse

kandyse

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:57 AM

Usually i just watched the anime for the anime and read the manga for the manga XD
SOB (save our bishies)

#55 Kasumi

Kasumi

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:if there are good looking guys.... i'm there!

Posted 28 November 2008 - 04:28 AM

hahaha
always the yaoi hint esp in one of the episodes....OMG... i was stunned for a moment there, luckily there is no yaoi thingy present in sebastian and ciel's relationship. If not i will crack!
stella quintet

Posted Image

...::: Kasumi :::...

#56 nyx

nyx

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kahoko...?

Posted 28 November 2008 - 07:18 PM

watching and reading a few episode makes me wonder the new characters i have never seen and also i always wondered why would ciel hire those useless workers. poor sebastian cleaning up the mess...(if many people are annoyed in watching some parts it says the film is a success...my mom told me but i don't believe it) it kinda annoyed me those extras kept coming back but oh well i will still watch it til it ends
Aide-toi et le Ciel t'aidera

#57 Nami

Nami

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Blood n' Gray <3

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:59 PM

o_o I didn't know the anime was out for this. I'll go look for it later...But anyways, i agree, nvx...why the HECK does he keep such useless staff with him!? I mean, obviously he was the one that hired them right? The rest of the house burned down and all the people there died...right? =_=;;

#58 Rinai

Rinai

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:07 PM

Wow. Filler arc right now in the anime is pretty ridiculous :| Ok, we've had three episodes of no plot development, can you please move into the Indian Arc already so that we can see Soma animated.

On another note, episode nine was FABULOUS in every way possible. Sebastian and Ciel, ohoho~ <3

Posted Image

#59 kandyse

kandyse

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 07:58 AM

maybe the useless staffs are there just for comic relief? XD
SOB (save our bishies)

#60 Rinai

Rinai

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:34 PM

Well, of course they're just there for comical relief.

Also I just saw episode summaries for the next few episodes, AND GUESS WHO'S NAME IS IN THE PREVIEW FOR 14.
Spoiler

...while I really don't care for the anime, this makes me REALLY excited sgkjfdg <3

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance