• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#41 chiliztri

chiliztri

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Everyone. Pretty much.

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:04 PM

First impression of the game...

Todoroki-sensei is scary!

Otherwise, the inking and toning is a bit annoying because I can't tell what part I didn't color in yet. Outlining isn't that bad, I've only gotten NG! once.

A bit disappointed that it isn't fully voiced, but I'll live. Once I finished Ryou I'll give a better review of the game.

Posted Image
永遠なんて。。。ない

#42 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Location:wondering how she could be attracted to a 3000 yr old bishie
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:58 AM

HAHAHAHA...the lines used were so funny! xD
I guess you will have to be a Saint Seiya fan to get the joke, but when Todoroki sensei was saying, "ohhhhhh~ Burn, my sixth sense!!" Its like Seiya's typical line in every episode xD (its like mocking the manga world of the 80s)

I am annoyed though that I cant save the game anytime I want. Imagine I was playing it on the bus, and have to get off, but cant save at the time, its so painful....;_;
Posted Image
avvy and siggy featuring Gackt Kamui, the hawt 40 year old =w=
thank you yori for making the set for me :"D

Posted Image
Help keeping MNR alive by buying your otome goodies through here.

#43 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Interests:リラちゃん♥poupee girl
  • Who I fangirl over:quirky-voice types

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:03 AM

Not fully voiced? Ah well. But sometimes full-voice can get a bit annoying when you've heard the same lines over and over and over again and you just want to skip some parts. XD

kaho:
You can always put it on sleep mode for a while until you can save. Hopefully the battery won't die out until then, but there's a possibility that you'll forget that the DS is still on. I've done that many times. x.x
Posted Image

Confusing with nonsensical verbosity>>>>
DF: ad hoc spazz

#44 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It changes.

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:13 AM

@chiliztri - Ah, not fully-voiced? Darn. x.X

@chemistry- LOL~ You just reminded me of what I did the other day when I put it on sleep mode and forgot that it was on - and I've only had my DS for like, what, 3 days?

But yeah, games that wouldn't let me save at anytime annoy me as well - especially when I play during class breaks - and then the lecturer comes back and I'm already in the middle between save points.

P.S. Speaking of which, I've gotten a lot of weird looks in college when people look over my shoulder to see me playing an otome game. xD

P.P.S. Sometimes I really feel like showing them the game Duel Love just for the fun of it. Lol.

#45 Misha

Misha

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:A lot? 8D
  • Who I fangirl over:もう数え切れぬw

Posted 20 September 2008 - 06:10 AM

HAHAHAHA...the lines used were so funny! xD
I guess you will have to be a Saint Seiya fan to get the joke, but when Todoroki sensei was saying, "ohhhhhh~ Burn, my sixth sense!!" Its like Seiya's typical line in every episode xD (its like mocking the manga world of the 80s)

Finally someone mentioned this! 8D
I LOLed everytime Todoroki-sensei said that line.

Posted Image
あなたの背中追おう、の彼方まで
lj otome twit tumblr

#46 Faery

Faery

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis, Genichirou Sanada , Renji Yanagi, Hanazawa Rui, Yunoki

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:25 PM

I began the game. So far, i'm loving it, and i really like the art. But some littles things are bothering me ...
1/ i tried everything, but you have no way to save while a chapter ? that's not really handy :(
2/ no way to skip later too ? redo the game must be a pain in this conditions ...
3/ too bad it's not fully voiced. It desserved it ...
4/ so far, all characters are lovables ! the lines ( dialogues ? ) are full of humour, i often smile while reading them. Even the heroine is not annoying ( well, so far ...) and the story is interesting.
5/ once again i'm a bit sad, because like in tmgs they forgot people using left hand like me ...But i forgot to check the options menu, maybe i will discover interesting things there :mrgreen: ( only played the 3 rd firsts chapters )
6/ I'm obsessed by the frog on Todoroki's sensei's suit :mrgreen:
7/ who did you began with ? i was aiming for Hibiki first, but Ryo is so cute with his cakes and everything .... So finally i can't decide :cool:
Posted Image

#47 chiliztri

chiliztri

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 01:07 AM

It's definitely annoying that I can't save whenever I want.

@chocochell

Lol, I've left my DS in sleep mode overnight and the next morning I freaked out because the light was blinking red, and I didn't want it to die because I hadn't saved my game yet.

I don't get weird looks when people look over my shoulder, but I do get really annoyed. For me, games are very personal and I hate people looking over my shoulder to watch because I think of it as an invasion of my privacy and personal space. Honestly, the first thing I think is "Go get your on DS instead of looking at mine!". But, if I ask you to look, or if you ask me if you can look and I agree, then it's okay.

I've done that! I showed it to my gay friend, and he loved watching me rub the sweat off of Yuki XD.

@Faery

Are you talking skipping certain events, or skipping around in general? I know you can skip, press up on the directional pad thingy. The up when its sideways though.

I am also obsessed with the frog! I always stare at the frog instead of Todoroki. I love Todoroki's blanket too...I want that blanket.

I started with Ryou. I love all the characters(except one), but I really like Ryou...My next favorite is Todoroki. I'm definitely doing him next.

Posted Image
永遠なんて。。。ない

#48 yukihotaru

yukihotaru

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:An incredibly slack English major who's obsessed over otome games, Jrock music, Lolita/Gothic punk clothes, Victorian literature and culture, Oscar Wilde, writing stories, making felt dolls, and all things pretty and frilly...:P
  • Who I fangirl over:Tamaki Suoh, Keigo Todoroki and Hariya

Posted 21 September 2008 - 02:21 AM

Hey guys! First time posting in this forum! Nice to meet you all! ^_^

Anyway, i'm also currently playing Comic Garden! And i really love it! The artstyle is just so cute! I just love them using softer colours. And...everyone has rosy cheeks...:P And i love comic mode! ^_^ Though, the erasing part confuses me....why are we doing that?!

By the way, I'm a bit annoyed that you can't save whenever you like though (like a lot of ppl here too it seems). And...i'm a bit confused. Say i'm going after Todoroki, so should i just meet him everytime and totally ignore the other characters? Coz i'm only up to chapter 2 and my gauge for him is already full....o_O I'm so not used to the non-stat building in this game..coz all the other games i've played required me to build stats...
It's times like these you realize the importance of a walkthrough...orz

@chemistry and chiliztri
That chocolate game in tmgs drove me insane...no one liked my chocolate...T^T In the end i copied all the directions on a piece of paper and followed it when i was playing...never failed eversince...:P I actually really like the chocolate stirring game after i got the hang of it.
「雨時々雪、愛時々嘘」

#49 chiliztri

chiliztri

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 03:02 AM

Welcome to the forums yukihotaru!

I'm not too far into the game, but I'm a bit confused about whether I should stalk my guy, or what. I'm taking a wait and see approach, whatever happens, happens, so I'm not too worried about anything though.

And as for TMGS chocolate minigame...I thought of doing that, but it was too frustrating...I'm glad I gave up...I get frazzled even thinking about it.

Posted Image
永遠なんて。。。ない

#50 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 21 September 2008 - 03:04 AM

its weird how the voice comes on and off whenever it feel likes it. Then all of a sudden only one person has voice, everyone else doesnt...

I am worried about the battery too, because I left my charger at work and I wont be going to work for the next 3 days, not sure if i will be able to last, so the part where I am not allowed to save whenever I like is just really annoying at times like this!

I think I might go after Ryo as well. Although everytime he talks I just hear "Kiryuu Zero" talking the whole time xD
Posted Image

Posted Image

#51 yukihotaru

yukihotaru

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:An incredibly slack English major who's obsessed over otome games, Jrock music, Lolita/Gothic punk clothes, Victorian literature and culture, Oscar Wilde, writing stories, making felt dolls, and all things pretty and frilly...:P

Posted 21 September 2008 - 03:24 AM

yeah, that voice thing definitely feels weird....why couldn't they make voices just exclusive to either a particular CG or something like that? If they didn't want to full voice it....

am i the only one who thinks the voices are kinda...not clear? orz Or did i get a faulty copy?

i'm kinda weired out by Todoroki's voice to be honest...he didnt sound like kei from tmgs at all! o_O
「雨時々雪、愛時々嘘」

#52 chiliztri

chiliztri

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 03:24 AM

Yeah. Sort of like VitaminX Evolution. I thought it was really weird when Kojirou appeared at the beginning, but they didn't voice him. I thought, "Huh...maybe they didn't think he was important enough to voice for his first appearance in the game." The voice keeps you on your toes though, you never know when someone is going to have a voice.

Same here...now this makes me wonder if Mamo is going to voice Kiryuu in the Vampire Knight game coming out in December...

Posted Image
永遠なんて。。。ない

#53 yukihotaru

yukihotaru

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:11 AM

Ok, for anyone who wants to know, i just checked for information regarding endings. For ppl who can read Japanese, here you go:
http://d.hatena.ne.j...20080920/d09204
You'll definitely get anyone's ending if you max out their gauge. And if i'm not mistaken, it says that you can max out the gauge for all your characters (meaning you don't necessarily have to stalk one single character...XD), but if that happens at the end you'll enter some kinda of VS mode. The good thing abt VS mode is you dont have to play the game all over again to get one ending, but the bad thing is you might miss out on events and stuff, so use this as a last resort.

I'm still waiting for La Primavera to come out with a proper guide...T^T
「雨時々雪、愛時々嘘」

#54 Misha

Misha

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:40 AM

I think this game is easy enough to play without a guide, as long as you're cautious and have multiple save files. Unlike me who picked the wrong answer, landed in Ryou's no-credits-roll-ED, and was foolish enough to overwrite that very save file afterwards. I end up playing all over again.. but the skip function was quite handy. *baka* ;_;

Posted Image
あなたの背中追おう、の彼方まで
lj otome twit tumblr

#55 Sharakael

Sharakael

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Abeno Yasuaki, Curtis Nile

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:15 AM

...am I the only one with the wishful thinking that Ren would be captureable... ;__; ?

Otome Gaming Diary
(where I rant and babble...)

My favourites character traits: megane, aniki, megane, osananajimi, megane, 2-faces, megane... have I said megane yet?

Playing: Iro-iro (short attention span...)
To Play: ...iro-iro? (too many)

#56 Misha

Misha

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:54 AM

She's capturable.. but.. o_o
Actually before I know she's a girl.. I like her chara design the most.. ;_;

Posted Image
あなたの背中追おう、の彼方まで
lj otome twit tumblr

#57 Faery

Faery

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis, Genichirou Sanada , Renji Yanagi, Hanazawa Rui, Yunoki

Posted 21 September 2008 - 10:43 PM

I finished Ryo and Hibiki ...
Oh my, i really love this game, it is soooo cute ( dokidoki shichatta :oops: )
I wouldn't expected this game being so interesting, for me, it's clearly the best otome game on DS ( with vitamin X, of course :oops: )
I sure could complain about some gameplay details, but well, that's not the most important thing there !
Posted Image

#58 yukihotaru

yukihotaru

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:17 AM

I just finished Todoroki last night! Omg i love him! He's hilarious! And so sweet!

@Misha
I want a guide coz i want to know how to get all the endings. ^^;; How did you get the no-credits ending? It's something to do with Valentines Day, is it? :-?
「雨時々雪、愛時々嘘」

#59 Misha

Misha

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:02 AM

No, it's something about the choices in the last chapter. One of them leads to the best ED, the other to the no credit roll ED.

Posted Image
あなたの背中追おう、の彼方まで
lj otome twit tumblr

#60 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:30 AM

WUAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

am I the only one frustrated with the system?

I spent 40 min on the bus this morning to work playing it, and then by the time I arrived the destination, I still havent been able to save it T0T

So I was forced to turn it off, and then start from my last saved file. At this rate, I dont think I will ever be able to finish the game....TT^TT
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance