• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#1 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I can't choose anymore since otome games are getting more popular LOL

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:31 PM

Some of you probably already know about this game already but I thought I might as well start a topic since it's coming out next month - 9/11

Hoshizora no Comic Garden is D3 Publisher's new Nintendo DS game.

The story is about a heroine named Airi who just recently entered a top ranking university called Seishuun University. She doesn't really want to go to university...she only went there because that's what her parents wanted for her. Airi's real dream is to become a manga-ka. In order to make her dream come true she begins working as an assistant to a famous manga-ka while going to school. Since her parents do not approve of this she moves out and lives in her childhood friend's boarding house.

If you want to check out what the characters are like please check out AoTan's Blog since it has a good translation of the character profiles.

Here are the covers for the game this one is the special edition
Spoiler

And here's the normal edition
Spoiler

Now I'll list the cast and the seiyuu
Adachi Ryou (Miyano Mamoru) - Airi's childhood friend and the one who is in charge of the boarding house.

Todoroki Keigo (Midorikawa Hikaru) - A famous manga and the one Airi is working under and he also lives in the boarding house with Airi.

Hattori Hibiki (Seki Toshihiko)- He's been friends with Ryou since high school and goes to the same school with Airi.

Kyouichi Curtis (Kakihara Tetsuya) - He's an up and coming talent/seiyuu (idol seiyuu?). He is also half-American and half-Japanese.

Kanzaki Kojirou (Kamiya Hiroshi) - He's an editor of the publishing company Shuusensha . He's the editor of the manga that Airi is working on is also Keigo's editor.

Suzuoka Ren (Paku Romi) - Ren is also Airi's friend from chidhood....but don't let Ren's looks fool you, Ren is really a girl like Airi.

I'm selling stuff so if you're interested please take a look!

If you want to find more random blabbings of otome games you can look at my livejournal if you want~
I moved...it's called Peaceful Grace.
I've started a new blog at wordpress it's called Reaching Towards You since my LJ is full of my tweets.
If you want to look at pictures you can look at my tumblr nothing special...

The Icon Avatar is from Neskaya.net

#2 Faery

Faery

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis, Genichirou Sanada , Renji Yanagi, Hanazawa Rui, Yunoki

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:12 PM

Oh this really looks lovely ! I like the art, and the game seems to be fun ! I will definitivly try this one !
Hibiki is cute ! ( well, in fact they are all cute, excepting Kyouichi ... :neutral: )
Posted Image

#3 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It changes.

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:14 PM

Ah yes, the game where listening to Miyano Mamoru's sample voice makes me go all o.0 and think "Midorikawa?" for a strange, strange reason. >.< I'm looking forward to this one, if not only for the star-studded seiyuu cast. *coughs*

#4 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Seems I reached the point where they are too many ...

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:26 PM

Ah yes, the game where listening to Miyano Mamoru's sample voice makes me go all o.0 and think "Midorikawa?" for a strange, strange reason. >.<

You're not the only one, you're not... ==;;;

I'm waiting for this game for the story (?) and the seiyuu, honestly the art isn't to my tastes :neutral:

Support your bishie, join today the Save Our Bishies (SOB).

And while you're at it, Save Our Seiyuu (SOS).

Posted Image

Selling some goods and I accept offers

#5 Megumeru

Megumeru

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:too many, can't keep track!!

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:03 PM

It looks like a fun game! The story seems fun with the main heroine wanting to be a manga-ka. The art kind of looks like how they use to draw in some older shoujo mangas. The seiyuu cast also looks really good.

#6 Faery

Faery

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis, Genichirou Sanada , Renji Yanagi, Hanazawa Rui, Yunoki

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:11 PM

The art really looks like Kyoko Hikawa's ( I thought she made the chara design first -mainly known for the manga Kanata kara ) and yes, this look like a bit like the old shoujo manga style ( Saitou Chihou and co ... that's maybe why i am so attracted by the art, because i am a great fan of all those mangaka )
Posted Image

#7 zcbml

zcbml

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Hisui, Abe no Yasutsugu

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:17 PM

Wow it looks really nice! The art is very pretty too and on the DS yea! Next month, that is pretty quick! Can't wait! even though the japanese can be troublesome...
~ Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything.

~ Kurt Vonnegut

~ 色は臭へど 散りぬるを 

我が世誰そ 常ならむ 
有為の奥山 今日越えて 
浅き夢みし 酔ひもせず

Posted Image

#8 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Location:wondering how she could be attracted to a 3000 yr old bishie
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:38 PM

I have read about this in the B's Log magazines...but the character design really makes me go :/

Not sure if I wll be motivated to go after "weird" looking people...

p.s. errr...Suzuoka Ren is not a person you can have love love ending with right? Or else are we going to expect Yuri?? o__O
Posted Image
avvy and siggy featuring Gackt Kamui, the hawt 40 year old =w=
thank you yori for making the set for me :"D

Posted Image
Help keeping MNR alive by buying your otome goodies through here.

#9 Faery

Faery

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:24 AM

@Kaho : look on the official site, Ren is a boy :P ( the " beautiful prince type friend" )
Posted Image

#10 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:56 AM

nono, you got mixed up. Dont be fooled by Ren's looks.

On the official website, it said Ren is a SHE. Because she is a member of the famous Takarazuka Group. And in Japan Takarazuka is a famous group of artists that dress up as men but they are all women. (Although they changed the group name to Takarazuki on the website)

I know this because my sister in law is in Takarazuka.

And on the character info, it said, Ren was angry with her parents because as a woman she wasnt allowed to inherit the family business.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 ikan_kering

ikan_kering

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:secret^^

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:28 AM

the storyline and minigames are the ones that interest me the most. Let's hope it's enough to help me get over the bla-bla character design.

#12 Skyrius

Skyrius

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tsukimori, Hihara

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:50 AM

REN~! T_T I thought she was a guy at first, was pretty disappointed when I found out 'he' was a she >_> Oh well. I still want to get this game though. There are practically NO individually developed DS otome games right now. All of them are ports over from some other system, or part of a another series (like Harutoki or Angelique).

I think the art is pretty cute. It certainly has a bit of the older look, but I still like it.

#13 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It changes.

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:38 AM

I don't mind the art - actually I think it looks kinda nice, but maybe I'm the only one who's taking the middle ground? >.< But yeah, I was fooled before with Tiramisu Villa's works - the cover looked nice but then when I looked at the CGs I was all"Meh". Withholding judgment until I actually play the game, for now.

#14 Ningyo

Ningyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:^^;;

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:42 AM

The art isn't all that appealing to me either... but I'm still kind of interested in this game after hearing some positive talk about it a little while ago. (Already forgot what it was).

And I liked Comic Party, so maybe this will be fun too :P

Posted Image
Creator of otome visual novels and RPG's

#15 Faery

Faery

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:19 AM

@Kaho : so ? sorry, i read the description at 4 hours in the night, so i wasn't well awaked :P
Yes of course, i know takarazuka ( well, i think that any Ryoko Ikeda's fan knows it ). Anyway it's ok with me, you already have a Takarazuka's member to catch in Hoshi no oujo, even if i'm not at all at yuri i was ok with this ( i prefer to go after a takarazuka 's member than the shota type guy anyway :P )
Posted Image

#16 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Interests:リラちゃん♥poupee girl
  • Who I fangirl over:quirky-voice types

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:01 AM

I am looking forward to this game mainly because of the art, although it does seem a little strange, them really pointy chins and all. Hikaru Midorikawa is also a huge motivating factor. ;x

(I have heard about the Takarazuka too, but only because Ouran spoofed it. XD)
Posted Image

Confusing with nonsensical verbosity>>>>
DF: ad hoc spazz

#17 AQUAMARiNEraito

AQUAMARiNEraito

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:hwaa!!! too many bishounen to be mentioned^o^;

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:50 PM

to be honest i was really shocked when i heard the sample voice for Keigo and Hibiki. Midorikawa's and Seki's voice got different here O_o

but their voices are still lovely so i'll give the game try^_^

nono, you got mixed up. Dont be fooled by Ren's looks.

On the official website, it said Ren is a SHE. Because she is a member of the famous Takarazuka Group. And in Japan Takarazuka is a famous group of artists that dress up as men but they are all women. (Although they changed the group name to Takarazuki on the website)

I know this because my sister in law is in Takarazuka.

And on the character info, it said, Ren was angry with her parents because as a woman she wasnt allowed to inherit the family business.

hwa~!! you're so lucky to have a sister in law in Takarazuka *o* that means you can always get a free ticket to see their show?

i envy you a lot >.<

Posted Image

#18 Misha

Misha

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:A lot? 8D
  • Who I fangirl over:もう数え切れぬw

Posted 30 August 2008 - 07:39 PM

I'm interested in this game because of the mini-games.
The art was quite meh the first time I saw this, but it seems to be a bit better now. The guys look pretty.. tolerable, though Hibiki still looks kinda weird for me. And I won't say anything about Kyouichi since I'm sure you all know what I think about his looks.. :x

Posted Image
あなたの背中追おう、の彼方まで
lj otome twit tumblr

#19 tam-timmy-toe

tam-timmy-toe

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Ace, you are always gonna be in my heart (itsumo) T-T (Those who are dead are not dead; just living in my head.... >:D)

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:33 AM

Aww it's too bad that Ren's a girl instead of a boy...

I like shouta guys... (Am I the only one out there?) xD

They're adorable, though not always very romantically interesting.

But... A girl?? :-(
Spoiler

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#20 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:44 AM

to be honest i was really shocked when i heard the sample voice for Keigo and Hibiki. Midorikawa's and Seki's voice got different here O_o

but their voices are still lovely so i'll give the game try^_^
hwa~!! you're so lucky to have a sister in law in Takarazuka *o* that means you can always get a free ticket to see their show?

i envy you a lot >.<

yeah, I probably could. But I am a bit freaked out seeing the Takarazuka performance so I will pass...haha

But her boyfriend is an actor in Japan though! It was through her that I got to ask about how much it cost if I was to hire Taniyama Kisho to do voice acting for me...xD
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance