Zully Quirke

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, otome games, RPG's, gardening, ABJD's
  • Who I fangirl over:Yunoki Azuma, Madoka Kijyou, Suzuoka Ren

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:29 PM

So essentially you just raise your stats and converse with the other guys in the game?

I'll probably hold off on buying this until more information is released in regards to the gameplay. And I hope it's not like Hoshizora's save system. XD
Posted Image

#22 Chihori

Chihori

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Will, Narutaki Seigo, Tsukimori Len, Kaji Aoi, Shigemori Akira, Rayne

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:41 PM

I have to admit I'm a bit excited. Lol! XD; VK is an enticing material for an otome game and I can't say I didn't see this coming. It's likely to happen sooner of later. But I'm a bit skeptical over the quality of the game itself. I hope it's not something they did just to make more money out of the popularity of the series *coughHanaYoriDangocough*, and they'd actually put a lot of effort into it. The fact it's on the DS really makes that questionable. No offense, but I'm not too fond of most DS otome titles. Like some of you have mentioned, PS2 would've been a better choice, content-wise.

Er, sorry to burst your bubble, but from what I've heard it's that it'll be a simulation kind of thing, and yes, you'd be playing as Yuki, but its not according to the story. Konami is not doing this *points at forum topic location* but D3 =)

On Lijakaca's (http://www.lijaka.com/blog/) blog, it says :

"The gameplay will consist of 7 chapters, and will be simulation - you raise Yuki’s six parameters with your choices, as well as minigames. Apparently you also use the DS to touch characters for some minigames…"

It's too bad that we'll be playing as Yuki. I agree with mariko85. I would prefer that they create an original character as the heroine since they're using an alternate storyline anyway...

#23 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Location:wondering how she could be attracted to a 3000 yr old bishie
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 19 October 2008 - 10:49 PM

oh, forgot to add.

You can read about my vampire knight DS experience at the Tokyo Game Show on my LJ if anyone is interested. ^^

I have played the demo of the game and got some screen shots of it.
Posted Image
avvy and siggy featuring Gackt Kamui, the hawt 40 year old =w=
thank you yori for making the set for me :"D

Posted Image
Help keeping MNR alive by buying your otome goodies through here.

#24 liannesan

liannesan

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I have to pick? ^_^

Posted 26 October 2008 - 03:13 AM

Oh, wow, that's YOUR journal?! I read about your Tokyo Game Show experience on the VK lj community when you first posted it! It's one of the best geek stories I've ever heard! Jeez, the world of fandom sure is a small place sometimes.

Thanks for the info you posted, by the way. I wanted the game before, but now I MUST have it. ^_^

oh, forgot to add.

You can read about my vampire knight DS experience at the Tokyo Game Show on my LJ if anyone is interested. ^^

I have played the demo of the game and got some screen shots of it.

#25 Tokidoki

Tokidoki

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Too hard to answer~!

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:55 PM

Wow~ I'm not a huge huge fan of the series but that art is certainly swanky enough to merit picking this up. Kudos to you kaho for snapping some pics~ (also WHOA with the Kishio/Mamo bit. I think I probably would have melted into the floor in your place xP)

#26 chiliztri

chiliztri

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Everyone. Pretty much.

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:51 PM

Its looking a bit like Hoshizora no Comic Garden from the pictures on kaho's blog and also how it has 7 chapters, which is very reminiscent of Hoshizora.

That won't discourage me from buying it, but I'm hoping it won't be too much like Hoshizora.

I just wish it wasn't coming out on DS...that's definitely a let down.

Posted Image
永遠なんて。。。ない

#27 lilinnocence

lilinnocence

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, games, reading, writing, RPing etc.
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many. Way too many.

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:41 AM

Really? The DS is a let down? I find that more people now have DS' rather than other gaming consoles.

I'm quite happy about the turn out especially the fact that you can play games from other countries too like otome games so I don't have to go purchasing a Jap DS just for these game.

I'm looking forward to Vampire Knight as well and I don't really mind the game play being like Hoshizora but if the story itself became really similiar to it it'd be another story I guess. Stat raising? = :D

#28 chiliztri

chiliztri

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Everyone. Pretty much.

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:32 PM

The DS itself isn't a let down. I love to play on it, but recent otome games on DS are a bit of a let down. I wished they had full voice and all the lovely little extras PS2 games have. Also, the games don't really emphasize the ability of the DS.

As for the region free thing, that's why in my earlier post I said I was going to be selfish and wish it was on PS2 as I don't have any problem playing imported games. I know many here cannot play imported otome games because they don't have a Japanese PS2 or a mod chip, so games on DS are good.

Don't get me wrong, I love my DS.

Posted Image
永遠なんて。。。ない

#29 NYORORO

NYORORO

( ≖_ゝ≖ )

• Hachiyo
  • 1,614 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:PAKO.

Posted 08 November 2008 - 08:41 AM

Yes, it's from B'slog lol.

Posted ImagePosted Image

LOL IM ALMOST OUTTA THE OTOGE WORLD, AND IM SLOWLY DRIFTING AWAY FROM THE GAMING WORLD TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 8D
...and this all happened because there isn't an RPG that's as good as Nier hahaha.

Oh right, and join my 1 meal a day club for the lol 8D.
Posted Image
...because the reality is too "real" hahahaha.

Posted Image

#30 lilinnocence

lilinnocence

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, games, reading, writing, RPing etc.
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many. Way too many.

Posted 08 November 2008 - 11:35 AM

The DS itself isn't a let down. I love to play on it, but recent otome games on DS are a bit of a let down. I wished they had full voice and all the lovely little extras PS2 games have. Also, the games don't really emphasize the ability of the DS.

As for the region free thing, that's why in my earlier post I said I was going to be selfish and wish it was on PS2 as I don't have any problem playing imported games. I know many here cannot play imported otome games because they don't have a Japanese PS2 or a mod chip, so games on DS are good.

Don't get me wrong, I love my DS.

Ah I see what you mean now :D

Yeh I understand about the non-full voice for some of the games. I'm impressed with the companies who do put full voice though. It makes me happy (Tokimeki <3)

I'm in the same situation with the PS2 (after who knows how long I still haven't got a way to play Jap PS2 yet)

Thanks Nyuroro for the images too :D

I think Yuuki's chibi is a bit unusual :S Or that's probably just me.

#31 Nishya

Nishya

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yunoki Azuma-senpai

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:39 AM

The game is already available for pre-order on YesAsia...

Normal Edition
Limited Edition

Something I found a little strange is that they have the release date expected to be in January and not December, as stated in the official site. *confounded*

Anyway, I'm still checking Play-Asia everyday to see if it gets listed there, since I have a discount coupon for ordering with them.

#32 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:58 AM

yes, the release date has been pushed back to January for some reason. And D3 had been lazy and not updated their site since September ==
so no info about the game whatsoever on the site.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 Mariye

Mariye

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy video games, music, drawing, reading all kinds of fiction and manga. I write for Gamertell and Siliconera.
  • Who I fangirl over:Azuma Yunoki

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:04 PM

I'm oddly attracted to this game, even though it was probably my least favorite series for the short period of time I subscribed to Shojo Beat.

However the character art and presentation for Vampire Knight DS makes it sound so intriguing. I've heard great things about it from some associates who made it to the Tokyo Game Show.

I was also incredibly pleased when I heard it would be on the DS. When I first heard a friend talking about it, I just told her I didn't want to listen and hear about another cool game I'd never be able to play. Then she said "No no! Its DS!"

I think its partially because of the whole 'region-free,' so I can actually play it, but also because I think a DS otome game would have a better chance at being the first localized otome title. XD

#34 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I can't choose anymore since otome games are getting more popular LOL

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:10 AM

I love the chibis in that first page...
And Zero holding a red Nintendo DS in the second page...it suits him I guess, since his gun is called "Bloody Rose" after all

I'm selling stuff so if you're interested please take a look!

If you want to find more random blabbings of otome games you can look at my livejournal if you want~
I moved...it's called Peaceful Grace.
I've started a new blog at wordpress it's called Reaching Towards You since my LJ is full of my tweets.
If you want to look at pictures you can look at my tumblr nothing special...

The Icon Avatar is from Neskaya.net

#35 Nishya

Nishya

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:11 AM

yes, the release date has been pushed back to January for some reason. And D3 had been lazy and not updated their site since September ==
so no info about the game whatsoever on the site.

Afff and I was hoping to buy the game as my Xmas gift (yes, I'm lame enough to buy gifts for myself...)... Maybe I'll buy Real Rode then.

#36 anonymous

anonymous

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:??...but there are so many to fangirl over..

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:16 AM

But I am disappointed that its out on DS, I would have hoped it to be on ps2 so there will be full voice and more contents with the game.

yeah, so the graphics are stuck in a 2d-ish view.

i can just imagine kaname biting me, instead of a kiss.(the main chara, okay?)
and since it's going out in january.
lala.
it can be my christmas gift to me.

Posted Image
Sorry Sorry, Super Junior.. <3 clickiez the sig

#37 Nishya

Nishya

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:54 AM

Just in case someone wants to know, the game is now available for pre-order on play-asia under the name "Vampire Kishi" (=_=)+... And the limited edition is *a lot* cheaper than in yesasia (like some $30 $20 it's hard to do maths after 1 am).

#38 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:35 AM

-__________________-

no wonder I couldnt find it anywhere in play-asia....

but USD is still so expensive now, its ridiculous...>_<
Posted Image

Posted Image

#39 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It changes.

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:00 PM

Bwahahaha Vampire Kishi *chortle* Now that was a good laugh.

And I so agree about the USD thing *cries* I'm guessing the game is worth about a month of my earnings as an intern =.="

#40 Rabi-en-rose

Rabi-en-rose

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, Mystery Novels, Video Games, Westies, The Bible, Music, Photography
  • Who I fangirl over:Hihara Kazuki

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:40 AM

I'm interested in the game now, I mean with seeing that it's a raising/dating sim and what-not and when I first heard about it I was thinking "oh no yuki's the girl i'm going be playing as" but after seeing what you guys have said I changed my mind about it and became interested. My wallet is going to be hurting when this game comes out.
Been playing otome games for eight years and still going strong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance