#1 liannesan

liannesan

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I have to pick? ^_^

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:25 AM

I heard from the Vampire Knight lj community that there was an announcement (in the last issue of Lala, I think?) about an upcoming D3Publisher Vampire Knight DS dating sim. I'll just embed the scan of the announcement, since I think that may be the only widespread "press" on the game right now:

Spoiler

Let me just say, in all seriousness...

OMG SQUEE.

#2 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Location:wondering how she could be attracted to a 3000 yr old bishie
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:58 AM

This has been mentioned in the VK thread, but I guess there is no harm in starting a thread in the gaming forum.

But I am disappointed that its out on DS, I would have hoped it to be on ps2 so there will be full voice and more contents with the game.
Posted Image
avvy and siggy featuring Gackt Kamui, the hawt 40 year old =w=
thank you yori for making the set for me :"D

Posted Image
Help keeping MNR alive by buying your otome goodies through here.

#3 chiliztri

chiliztri

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Everyone. Pretty much.

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:02 AM

This is great, because I love Vampire Knight! Not only is it a game, but an otome game at that.

Like kaho, I would have liked it on PS2. Then later on they could port it to DS like TMGS and Hiiro no Kakera. I know some people here would rather it on DS because its region free, but I'm going to selfishly say I wished it would be on PS2.

Regardless, I can't wait until December rolls around so I can get this one.

Posted Image
永遠なんて。。。ない

#4 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It changes.

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:23 AM

Well since I avoid the VK thread in the anime section because I haven't watched the anime nor the read the manga yet - this is new great news xDD I love vampires so, x.X Squee!!!

P.S. This reminds me of the surveys on the forum about otome games - now if they'd do one for Fruits Basket and Saiunkoku Monogatari like I mentioned @.@ . . .

#5 chiliztri

chiliztri

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:35 PM

@ chocochell

Well I can say from personal experience that the manga is DEFINITELY worth reading. The anime is a bit meh for me. I think I always think the manga is better then the anime if I've read the manga first. Don't let that discourage you from watching the anime though, it's still decent...not as bad as what they did to Special A *sob*

Posted Image
永遠なんて。。。ない

#6 Megumeru

Megumeru

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:too many, can't keep track!!

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:06 PM

Eh?! They are making a Vampire Knight otome game? That's great!

I wonder what the storyline is.

#7 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:19 AM

@ chiliztri : Ah, I was attracted to this beforehand because I was checking out the anime season list and saw the words "Vampire" and saw the whole list of bishies (hates Rosario to Vampire, btw).

IMO, I think animes usually act as promotion for the manga, because animes rarely, if ever, surpasses their manga counterparts.

I have seen the mangas in Kinokuniya, going for about US$ 3.50, all in Mandarin. The cover art is supremely pretty, I hope they can bring that over to the game itself. xD

#8 chiliztri

chiliztri

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 03:35 AM

@chocochell

Rosario to Vampire is a shounen manga if I remember correctly. I haven't read it since it is aimed towards males.

But, yes the cover art is very attractive...especially the ones with Kiryuu and Kaname. Wouldn't it be hilarious if they made a yaoi Vampire Knight game?(extremely unlikely)

Posted Image
永遠なんて。。。ない

#9 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:12 AM

Hmm, not sure if anyone noticed, but the website for the game is up . . .

http://www.d3p.co.jp...pire-knight-ds/

Yeap, this is how I like my vampires, up close and in my face. xD

#10 yukihotaru

yukihotaru

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:An incredibly slack English major who's obsessed over otome games, Jrock music, Lolita/Gothic punk clothes, Victorian literature and culture, Oscar Wilde, writing stories, making felt dolls, and all things pretty and frilly...:P
  • Who I fangirl over:Tamaki Suoh, Keigo Todoroki and Hariya

Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:25 AM

Awww! Vampire Knight! I really liked the anime! So glad it's gonna be on DS! Coz though i have a PS2 back home, i'm currently living in a townhouse overseas coz of uni. I don't even have a tv...-_-lll So yes!! More DS games please...:D
「雨時々雪、愛時々嘘」

#11 chiliztri

chiliztri

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:01 AM

*melts*

I love how Kiryuu is looking straight at me on the website...

Also, the item in Aido's hand looks strangely like an ice blue DS with the Cross Academy symbol on it. I wonder if they are going to release a special, limited edition DS to go along with the game. Or, they are just putting a DS in his hand just because they felt like it.

Posted Image
永遠なんて。。。ない

#12 yukihotaru

yukihotaru

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:An incredibly slack English major who's obsessed over otome games, Jrock music, Lolita/Gothic punk clothes, Victorian literature and culture, Oscar Wilde, writing stories, making felt dolls, and all things pretty and frilly...:P

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:09 AM

Shiki is holding a black one too!

I doubt it's a real DS though...maybe a...book?!
「雨時々雪、愛時々嘘」

#13 chiliztri

chiliztri

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:33 AM

Wah, he is!

They really do look like DS'. They are probably just there to promote the game, and the DS.

Posted Image
永遠なんて。。。ない

#14 Nishya

Nishya

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yunoki Azuma-senpai

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:35 AM

I'm expecting they to release a special version DS... I want it so much!!! <3

#15 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:13 AM

What??? A special edition DS console to go along with the game??? If that was true . . . then T.T . . . why didn't I wait a lil bit longer . . .

But I think for a VK game to get this kinda treatment is kinda hard. It's not like it's Zelda or Pokemon or anything like that.

@chiliztri : Aren't four of them looking at you, anyway? xD

#16 chiliztri

chiliztri

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:40 AM

Yeah, I doubt they would release a special DS since it isn't anything like FF, Zelda, or Pokemon.

@chocochell

With the way I'm positioned in front of my computer(I have a weird computer desk that puts my flat screen at an angle), Zero is right in front of me, eye level, looking straight at me lol. Also, Aido and Kain don't look like they are looking at me, but if I move my head Kaname is looking at me.

Posted Image
永遠なんて。。。ない

#17 mariko85

mariko85

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:im a big fan of anime, otome games, manga books, writing, drawing and listening to japanese music
  • Who I fangirl over:Azuma Yunoki, Kaname Kuran, Megane Katsuya, Hideaki Nakajima, Seizh. Shiki from togainu no chi and many others!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:42 AM

WHAT A VAMPIRE KNIGHT DATING SIMULATION GAME OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahem sorry i got so exicted well all i got to say is its about time i had wished and hoped that they would make a game of it now im so HAPPY!!!!!!! i had mentioned on the one thread that i hope idea factory would make a game of it but i guess konami is making it? but this so sucks since its going to be on DS and i dont have one, only the ps 2 but maybe next year or the year after they will put it on ps 2. ill be crossing my fingers! i hope the story and love scenes will be good but i really hope that they dont have yuki be the girl you play as i would find that weird since it be strange to see her with the other guys, i hope that it will be a girl who transfers to the school and she has a secert or some kind that be awesome!

#18 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:51 AM

Er, sorry to burst your bubble, but from what I've heard it's that it'll be a simulation kind of thing, and yes, you'd be playing as Yuki, but its not according to the story. Konami is not doing this *points at forum topic location* but D3 =)

On Lijakaca's (http://www.lijaka.com/blog/) blog, it says :

"The gameplay will consist of 7 chapters, and will be simulation - you raise Yuki’s six parameters with your choices, as well as minigames. Apparently you also use the DS to touch characters for some minigames…"

Oooh. Interest level just went even more up xDD

#19 yukihotaru

yukihotaru

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:55 AM

after playing comic garden, i wonder if it'll be something like that, especially since they have chapters in this game as well....
「雨時々雪、愛時々嘘」

#20 christania

christania

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:-Otome Games of course
    -Bunches of other types of video games except sports games (maybe the odd golf game if it's cute characters but that's about it on sports) mostly I play rpg's
    -Reading: mostly fantasy and science fiction
    -Karaoke (I love to sing! hahahaha)
    -Listening to all sorts of music
    -Watching all sorts of movies (sci-fi is my fav)
  • Who I fangirl over:*sigh* it's no good... I can't decide! lol

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:54 AM

Wow. I did not know that this was being done. I have really been enjoying the manga and I watched a few of the anime episodes. (I think the manga is better) Now a game?! I can't wait to see how this one will be and all the guys are super cuteness!! :mrgreen:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance