#1 orange

orange

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:LOLOLS

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:11 AM

After getting off my fandom on Prince of Tennis for a year, I finally got back to reading the manga. I'm glad to see that the super tennis is still there hahaha and hey, Yakiniku no Oujisama is funny 8D.

So I am just wondering what opinions do other people have on the series? For me, I honestly can't take this series seriously anymore, it is amusing at least 8D.

My favourite school currently is Shitenhouji because they are such a dynamic group of people. I salute to Konomi for making Koharu and Yuuji. Much love goes to Shiraishi. I was kind of disappointed when D1 turned into a singles match, since it would have been very very interesting to see Tezuka play doubles hahahaha and poor Zaizen coulda played, pfft.

I am very curious at the final showdown between Seigaku and Rikkai, I wonder how evolved Rikkai is and whether or not Yukimura gets to play. I just hope Konomi won't disappoint me with this one since Rikkai is my second favourite school (was favourite, but Shitenhouji bumped them down 8D).
LOLOL.

#2 Moe

Moe

ばか猫

• Hachiyo
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping... Like seriously...
  • Who I fangirl over:The guy from that game!!

Posted 10 May 2007 - 02:12 AM

It's been a long time after I read Prince of tennis (or watch the anime, I think I stop at ep 150+), but after watching cinepuri (Cinema Prince of Tennis aka live action movie). I have the urge to pick it up again... Coz I don't think it will finish soon, so I just do it slowly...

@orangewishes: Yakiniku no oujisama? Can't I ask in what chapter? Thanks

Posted ImagePosted Image

MNR otome game Love blossom Extended, the hidden truth!

Spoiler

Love blossom walkthrough if you ever need it
Videogames ruined my life... Thank God I'm a katz so I have lives to spare

Posted Image
HAPPY 6TH ANNIVERSARY MNR

#3 NYORORO

NYORORO

( ≖_ゝ≖ )

• Hachiyo
  • 1,614 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:PAKO.

Posted 10 May 2007 - 04:10 AM

I used to follow the anime from episode 5x to late 8x. Then I got kinda lazy and I stopped downloading it. I have never read the manga per se, but I do update myself on who's who from time to time (albeit the fact that I am very messed up with the people who arrived in later episodes 8D).

BUT HAY ORANGE, YOU KNOW MY VIEW ON THIS ALREADY SINCE WE'VE BEEN LIKE LOLZ HAVING FUN WITH DRAWING STICK FIGURES AND WHAT NOT OF DINOSAURZ GOING DED BECAUSE SOME MEGANE D00D'S SUPER TEKNIQUE!!!111

Ahem. I did enjoy the OVAs and whatnot, but there are times when it goes over board that I just find it hard to watch and digest. I don't really expect it to be OMGS!REAL!!11, however, I do hope that at least it makes sense "logically". *cough*What the heck is...Dragon Ball Z arm and the dinosaur extinction!? LOL. OMGS DON'T KILL MEEEE.*cough*

So nowadays, I can't really follow it closely on a week to week basis, but I see PoT as something that's more like "when I need some comical relief" 8D.

P.S. Speaking of which I don't exactly have a favourite school or a favourite prince in PoT lulz.

LOL IM ALMOST OUTTA THE OTOGE WORLD, AND IM SLOWLY DRIFTING AWAY FROM THE GAMING WORLD TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 8D
...and this all happened because there isn't an RPG that's as good as Nier hahaha.

Oh right, and join my 1 meal a day club for the lol 8D.
Posted Image
...because the reality is too "real" hahahaha.

Posted Image

#4 Moe

Moe

ばか猫

• Hachiyo
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 04:43 AM

P.S. Speaking of which I don't exactly have a favourite school or a favourite prince in PoT lulz.

I thought I was the only one with this problem...

There are lot's of bishies but not one of them can me shriek and giggling like a fangirl... very entertaining though...

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Posted Image

#5 orange

orange

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 04:56 AM

It's been a long time after I read Prince of tennis (or watch the anime, I think I stop at ep 150+), but after watching cinepuri (Cinema Prince of Tennis aka live action movie). I have the urge to pick it up again... Coz I don't think it will finish soon, so I just do it slowly...

@orangewishes: Yakiniku no oujisama? Can't I ask in what chapter? Thanks

The anime I didn't like after the Hyoutei arc really, since they really diverged from the manga and the anime writers did some hellspawn writing for the storyline and threw in as much fanservice as possible. I'd suggest reading the manga really, it does have some pretty good points.

Yakiniku no Oujisama is the latest few chapters, 341-343 and still continuing.

I used to follow the anime from episode 5x to late 8x. Then I got kinda lazy and I stopped downloading it. I have never read the manga per se, but I do update myself on who's who from time to time (albeit the fact that I am very messed up with the people who arrived in later episodes 8D).

BUT HAY ORANGE, YOU KNOW MY VIEW ON THIS ALREADY SINCE WE'VE BEEN LIKE LOLZ HAVING FUN WITH DRAWING STICK FIGURES AND WHAT NOT OF DINOSAURZ GOING DED BECAUSE SOME MEGANE D00D'S SUPER TEKNIQUE!!!111

Ahem. I did enjoy the OVAs and whatnot, but there are times when it goes over board that I just find it hard to watch and digest. I don't really expect it to be OMGS!REAL!!11, however, I do hope that at least it makes sense "logically". *cough*What the heck is...Dragon Ball Z arm and the dinosaur extinction!? LOL. OMGS DON'T KILL MEEEE.*cough*

So nowadays, I can't really follow it closely on a week to week basis, but I see PoT as something that's more like "when I need some comical relief" 8D.

Yeah, the techniques being animated gives it a whole new unreal feel to it since it actually moves. In the manga, you can tone down the unrealness yourself because it's not animated to what the producers want it to be but how you perceive the shot to be, since Konomi only really draws the ball routes. But then again, nothing can ever tone down the glowing auras of Muga no Kyouchi and its offspawns that I can't remember the names to.

It's Yakiniku no Oujisama now, it's good comic relief! 8D

Lol it's okay to not have a favourite school or whatnot I can just spam you with Shitenhouji stuff 8D.
LOLOL.

#6 kei

kei

Queen Otaku

• Miko
  • 639 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kahara Masaki, Takashi-niichan, Ace, Shirogane, Niou Masaharu, Wakatsuki Ryotarou

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:09 AM

I was once a big tenipuri fangirl, like, I was even dreaming of my favorite school and my favorite character EVERYNIGHT.

... wait, I am still dreaming of them.

Anyway, I stopped watching the animation of tenipuri, after seeing that they did to Higa! D< Higa chuu should be cool, I can't accept that the animation made them into an idiot!

I kind of stopped reading the manga as well, but the finial is Rikkai vs Seigaku, I don't know if I should watch it or not... because if Rikkai loses BADLY (like Shitenhouji) to Seigaku, I... I... I... I will hate Seigaku (wait, I'm already disliking Seigaku already) and Konomi-sensei!

P.S. My favorite school is Rikkai and my favorite character is also from Rikkai... with the name Niou Masaharu.

#7 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Location:wondering how she could be attracted to a 3000 yr old bishie
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:24 AM

yeah me too...my fandom died after that KUSO-GAKI RYOMA shaved Atobe and most of all how my lovely hubby Yukimura Seiichi still have not yet come back onto the court...

I guess it just started to annoy me when Ryoma just wont lose....>.>
Posted Image
avvy and siggy featuring Gackt Kamui, the hawt 40 year old =w=
thank you yori for making the set for me :"D

Posted Image
Help keeping MNR alive by buying your otome goodies through here.

#8 Moe

Moe

ばか猫

• Hachiyo
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:30 AM

I think, rather watch the anime or read the manga, I prefer playing the game...

Want to get hold of doki doki survival... but can't believe how they were all stranded and all the guys still wearing their uniform!! It really amazes me!!

How come Konami doesn't make them put a casual clothes or something other than their uniform!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Posted Image

#9 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:39 AM

it is because they were on their way to a tennis training camp, that's why they were all in their uniform.

But the entire storyline of the game is just as crazy as the storyline now in the manga....==;;;

I wouldnt recommend the game itself, its quite boring...

But Sweat and Tears2 and Rush and dream is pretty good
Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Moe

Moe

ばか猫

• Hachiyo
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:44 AM

Yup, I particulary enjoy playing Rush and dream and Sweat and Tears, they even better than Gakuensai, maybe it's just the fangirl in me that still want more than just your tennis partner Lol...

Looking at all their face (except Ryoma), can't believe they are still in junior high tsk.. tsk..

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Posted Image

#11 wasseryharp

wasseryharp

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Location:Kira's condo, Yunoki's mansion and Kanayan's apartment~ XD
  • Interests:RPG, Girl's game, Anime, Manga, Japanese, Foreign Culture, Sweets, Food
  • Who I fangirl over:Chimo... oops i mean Tomomori, Shirogane, Yunoki-senpai and KiraKira-tan~

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:27 PM

I was once a big fan of POT too, both Manga and Anime.
But i don't take it seriously anymore. Just like everyone said, the story's gone too far...
In my country, many people call it "Super Saiya Tennis" because of its superbeing's tennis playstyle.

My favorite school... is Hyoutei... or Rikkai? I don't know. ^^" Because i love many characters.

About the game, i like Sweat and Tears2 and Rush and Dream too. But the bad point of the games is it didn't say directly about love. It use "partnership" instead. So it's not sweet enough~!
Gakuensai is also the one i recommended because the story still wasn't too nonsense and the relationship is more than friend~ And the game system is really easy. Someone might think it's too easy. But i think it's ok because there're many many guys in the game. [Well, Atobe's ending is really great~! >_<]
About the newest game, Doki Doki Survival, i think the games are too nonsense and i don't really like it.

Looking at all their face (except Ryoma), can't believe they are still in junior high tsk.. tsk..

Raise my hand and say "I think so~!!"

The real reason why Kira became Seiso's Rijichou

Spoiler

Posted Image
ん?何を遠慮してるんだね。
私の車の助席に乗る事に、君はもう慣れたと思っていたんだね。
--------------------------
A faithful follower of...
Posted Image
http://wassery-harp.livejournal.com/ ... [mostly English but also Japanese sometimes]
http://wasseryharp.exteen.com/ ...[Thai only]
http://wasseryharp.bloggang.com/ ...[Thai only]
http://thaineoromance.forumer.com/ ...[Thai Neoromance Community]
http://mixi.jp/show_....pl?id=19474077 ...[Mixi]
http://www.nicotto.j...?user_id=203576 [nicotto]
http://corda-yokohama.0fees.net/ ...Kiniro no Corda World in Yokohama (under construction)

#12 Moe

Moe

ばか猫

• Hachiyo
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:34 PM

[Well, Atobe's ending is really great~! >_<]

Yeah Atobe's ending in Gakuensai really kick butts, especially before getting Atobe's ending I got Oishii ending... ending from a shy guy to Oresama guy XD

Really glad that someone put a translation for Gakuensai in gamefaqs... It's like reading a fanfic!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Posted Image

#13 orange

orange

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:53 PM

I'm on the same boat with disliking Seigaku overall not because they always win, that's a given since this manga is about them, but their wins seemed so exaggerated. Konomi overused the "come back from death" plot device in a lot of his matches. Can't two players play evenly for once instead of the miracle 5-0 come back?

Shitenhouji wasn't beaten too badly, the only person that got pretty much owned was Chitose. I don't understand Taka-san VS Ishida though, sure the match had a lot of raw emotions and I really like the whole "This is the one thing I have the most confidence in" but uh, Taka-san didn't forfeit even though he's bleeding, bruised and battered up like crazy, however Ishida forfeited with only one injury (albeit it was an important injury, but I would imagine Taka-san having multiple broken bones.) BUT HEY, IT'S NOT SERIOUS ANYMORE SO LOLS.

Rikkai's match would probably play all 5 games, since it is the Finals, it would be foolish for him to cut the thing short because that would be absolutely anti-climatic. Now, who would lose and win would be the debate here as well as the line up. The line up would prove to be interesting.

LOL @ THIS WEEK'S PoT MANGA. Oh gosh, I think Konomi really broke the roof and went to space.
LOLOL.

#14 Moe

Moe

ばか猫

• Hachiyo
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:59 AM

LOL @ THIS WEEK'S PoT MANGA. Oh gosh, I think Konomi really broke the roof and went to space.

I think the pressure really got him!! I can't help laughing and feel disgust at the same time XD

Never again I can play tenipuri game the same way after I read this... >_<

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Posted Image

#15 Saya

Saya

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:33 AM

I love Prince of Tennis

#16 EternalFrost

EternalFrost

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yunoki, Yasuaki, Francis

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:59 PM

Hmm...I'm into really into this series though my friend is nuts over it. She even wears the cap and t-shirt the main character wears to school xP. I guess I don't find tennis very interesting :3.

#17 kei

kei

Queen Otaku

• Miko
  • 639 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kahara Masaki, Takashi-niichan, Ace, Shirogane, Niou Masaharu, Wakatsuki Ryotarou

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:41 PM

I'd rather play the PoT game than to read the manga or watch the anime.

At least I won't feel like murdering the whole Seigaku when I'm playing the game, and I don't have to see Rikkai and other schools losing to that supernature Seigaku.

Seriously, I doubt there are anymore NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS in Seigaku.

#18 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:15 PM

Seriously, I doubt there are anymore NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS in Seigaku.

Katsuo?
*runs away*

>D

but yeah, I think Konomi really went wayyyy over the top with the supernatural Seigakuness. Its just not interesting anymore.

I think they should have Yukimura VS Tezuka instead of stupid Yukimura vs Ryoma and then loses because oh yeah, the main character RYOMA ECHIZEN JUST CANT LOSE >(

yes, I always get really fired up about this point...ESPECIALLY THEY SHALL NOW MAKE MY YUKIMURA LOSE TO RYOMA WHATSOEVA!!!! >( >( >(
Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 akuram

akuram

TACHIBANA'S LOVE.TRUFAX111

• Hachiyo
  • 651 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:YKW

Posted 13 May 2007 - 06:42 AM

Tenipuri~~ I can still clearly remember how I was hooked in this series.
I really admire those kids for their love and dedication to tennis. Most of the time, I always forget how young they are because most of them doesn't look like junior high students at all X_x

Favorite? It's Fuji and if I have to choose someone from Hyotei, it's Oshitari.

I'm trying catch up what's happening in the manga but it's too long @_@ I'm just on chapter 100+
I really want to know how strong Yukimura is~~ Since the anime *sigh* didn't even show how strong he even just from the flashback.

About the Yakiniku chapter haha XD I wouldn't know that there are that kind of fillers in the manga not until Souya showed that to me.

When buying from the ff. sites through these links:
CD JAPAN | Yes Asia | Play Asia
MNR earns HP.
Posted Image
Written by NOT YOURS TRULY

#20 lilinnocence

lilinnocence

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, games, reading, writing, RPing etc.
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many. Way too many.

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:50 AM

PoT? i was hooked on the manga and anime until I was handed with a pile full of hw and assignments then completely forgot about it...T_T maybe i'll continue it (sooner or later)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance