IPBoard Styles©Fisana

Photo

Mana Khemia

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite Character (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Character do you like Most?

1. Vayne (4 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

2. Philo/Jess (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

3. Nikki (1 votes [9.09%])

4. Roxis (4 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

5. Flay (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Pamela (1 votes [9.09%])

7. Muppin (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Other (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 kyrie

kyrie

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:clavis

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:31 PM

I'm playing this at the moment (still on my first playthrough) and I'm disappointed as well that Ulrika gets all the weirdos lol. I also thought that Yun would be in her workshop but yeah... instead she gets a red ball with an animal suit >_>

Ulrika is an amusing heroine and I liked her quite a lot XD She's certainly quite a character. I haven't played Raze's route yet but he's all snarky and stuff in Ulrika's route XD /wishes for some Roze x Ulrika

#22 Cloudy

Cloudy

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Shitara Seiji

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:23 AM

@Xeiran
Well the MAIN MAIN characters you can choose between. You can be either Ulrika, who is rather different from your standard heroine as she is loud, strong, and is well kind of an idiot. xD The guy is Roze and I guess he's more her opposite? He's quiet and not really friendly...

I'm playing this at the moment (still on my first playthrough) and I'm disappointed as well that Ulrika gets all the weirdos lol. I also thought that Yun would be in her workshop but yeah... instead she gets a red ball with an animal suit >_>

Ulrika is an amusing heroine and I liked her quite a lot XD She's certainly quite a character. I haven't played Raze's route yet but he's all snarky and stuff in Ulrika's route XD /wishes for some Roze x Ulrika

Agreed. Ulrika is a pretty interesting (yet rather idiotic) heroine, though I do admit she is annoying sometimes but at least she doesn't need saving or is obsessed with some guy. I do wish Ulrika could have some less weird characters in her route but I guess that's what makes it entertaining? xD Also I am wishing for RozexUlrika as well.

#23 Riven

Riven

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Must I choose? Arios, Tenma, ...

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:13 PM

Well, after player Mana Khemia 2 ( true ending ) I must admit that I'm disappointed and have the feeling that since Atelier Iris 1 the serie slowly goes downhill. Storywise and female characterwise. Atelier Iris 1 has a very strong female character who is important for the story, in AI 2 the girl has her own strengths, in AT3 I don't remember much of the story or characters.

In Mana Khemia 1 we have girls in the party but they aren't really important so they completly switch to a male main character.

In Mana Khemia 2 we could choose a girl as main character but she is unintelligent ( It is said that not been able to understand it common within unintelligent people ). So with other words she is stupid. Next the characters and their relationsship aren't really "normal". I mean with "normal" that almost all relationships had much teasing which I don't like. I felt especially sorry for Pepperoni.

A few weeks ago I have played Atelier Marie. There was the girl the real main person and I find it interessting how they switch to male heros.

#24 Ningyo

Ningyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:^^;;

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:59 PM

Well, the switching to male heroes is something that is done in spin-off series like Atelier Iris and Mana Khemia. The original Atelier games always have female leads.

I hear a lot of good things about AI 1. I myself didn't find it very amazing though, I have to admit :S It was good enough to get me to finish it, but I thought the characters were pretty clichéd and dull. Mana Khemia 1 and Ar Tonelico 1 were much better, since they also had an awesome atmosphere going... but since a lot of people love AI 1, I guess it's just me who is picky :P And it's not like I didn't like it at all.

I never tried Mana Khemia 2 though, so I can't comment on that. But I really enjoy playing the first one.

Posted Image
Creator of otome visual novels and RPG's

#25 Riven

Riven

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Must I choose? Arios, Tenma, ...

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:46 PM

You are right the first Atelier game hasn't have a "big" story, it felt more like a simulation game.

Edit: Ah, that happens if you reading while you are tired. You mean the first Iris game right? Not Atelier Marie. I love the pairing there and the archer - he rescued me many times with his "chancel"-Shot^^. Atelier Iris 1 is my favourite so far.

#26 Ningyo

Ningyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:^^;;

Posted 27 February 2010 - 09:04 AM

Yes I meant the first Iris :)
You're right, the archer was really useful :P He saved me many times too

Posted Image
Creator of otome visual novels and RPG's