• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Location:wondering how she could be attracted to a 3000 yr old bishie
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:57 AM

I am surprised that there was no topic for this game so I am starting it. This game was released on the same day as Haruka 4 was, maybe that's why it has been forgotten? xD;;

Posted Image

ソラ * ユメ

Official website: Takuyo
Platform: PS2

Quick summary

Spoiler

I just started playing because seeing it received a 4 1/2 star rating, and everyone had positive comments about it. So far I am finding it quite interesting. And the part of a "horror" otome game sort of made me intrigued.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else had already played it?
Posted Image
avvy and siggy featuring Gackt Kamui, the hawt 40 year old =w=
thank you yori for making the set for me :"D

Posted Image
Help keeping MNR alive by buying your otome goodies through here.

#2 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It changes.

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:54 AM

Ooh. Looks interesting, indeed, and I'm intrigued by that 'horror' comment. How's the story like?

The guys look so squeaky clean, for some reason. xDD

Ooh, and a guy wearing a cape! Now I'm more interested!

#3 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:20 AM

well, I have only played 10 min of it so far, and surprisingly it hasnt bored me yet. Maybe because the music is scary, and the reaction of the heroine is kinda funny and have been giving me some comical effects.

But I think I havent gotten to the horror part yet.

Oh, I think probably because the guy in the cape looked like Tsukimori, and I was expecting a Tsukimori personality, but in fact, he was more a ore-sama type was interesting.

other than that, I still think all the other guys look the same to me...haha
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 kei

kei

Queen Otaku

• Miko
  • 639 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kahara Masaki, Takashi-niichan, Ace, Shirogane, Niou Masaharu, Wakatsuki Ryotarou

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:51 AM

This is not horror, this is not horror at all. It's just music effect, and those way-too-many bloody badend. This game is not horror in any way. Really, I am not lying, I totally am not frightened at all.

This is one of the games that I went for all characters, and I did not dislike any of those characters, so yeah it's pretty good.

#5 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:58 AM

I agree with you on the music being scary...

So far, I noticed its not scary, but why does it have to have horror movie background music at the back??

Edit:

take my words back. OMGGGGGGGG

SCARYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! >x<

I screamed! far out!!

Note to people who plays the game...do not play alone at night >0<
Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 kei

kei

Queen Otaku

• Miko
  • 639 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kahara Masaki, Takashi-niichan, Ace, Shirogane, Niou Masaharu, Wakatsuki Ryotarou

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:11 PM

Scary? Where is it? I do not find it scary at all! 8D;;;;
It's not that scary if you put away that BGM, no that hand is not really THAT scary... 9.9;;;;

It's kind of sad if you have played the truth end, you will think that it's sad...
too bad I played the truth end last.

#7 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:12 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! You didnt warn me about that!!
I was playing alone at night, no one else was in the house. I had the BGM on surround sound...

Spoiler

>x<

I read the reviews that I should save the 朝峰 route to last. Is it true?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 kei

kei

Queen Otaku

• Miko
  • 639 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:32 AM

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! You didnt warn me about that!!
I was playing alone at night, no one else was in the house. I had the BGM on surround sound...

Spoiler

>x<

I read the reviews that I should save the 朝峰 route to last. Is it true?

Well, I just kinda forgot to remind you, it's not really that scary if you see for a few times XD

Yup, because his ending is the truth end, and the best ending. So save it to the last if you want to enjoy everyone's route.

#9 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:34 PM

okay. Just finished Ruen's route.

Wow...this game IS quite interesting. I am surprised I didnt fall asleep playing a visual novel game. Probably because it is more like reading a suspense mystery novel. And clues dropping in here and there, and makes you go, "hmm...wait a minute! I think I know who the culprit is!"

So yeah, I felt there wasnt much of a love story so far, but more just trying to solve mysteries. I guess that is more to my liking XD

I am going for Amarube senpai now~

I am guessing, each character stands a reason for being there? e.g Kyou-ni didnt just appear for no reason right?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It changes.

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:41 AM

When I saw the word "hand" all of a sudden the Addam's Family theme started playing in my head. >'.'<??? It appears that only you and Kei have played this game, though, since no one else is posting in here xDD *except me, but I don't count, I'm just interested in the horror and caped guy part =D*

#11 Ningyo

Ningyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:^^;;

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:48 AM

Looking at the cover I wouldn't guess this would be a "horror" game. And reading the comments, I don't know what to believe either :P But it certainly sounds more interesting than I would have guessed on my own.

Mystery... now I want to read it too xD Too bad that it's for the PS2.

Posted Image
Creator of otome visual novels and RPG's

#12 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:35 AM

I think it is not as welknown for overseas otome gamers I guess? Most of all, it was released on the same day as Haruka 4, that might explain why no one else knows this game...XDD

and...haha, no, definitely not Adam's Family. I didnt get the feel of Adam's family when the hand appeared.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 kei

kei

Queen Otaku

• Miko
  • 639 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:30 AM

okay. Just finished Ruen's route.

Wow...this game IS quite interesting. I am surprised I didnt fall asleep playing a visual novel game. Probably because it is more like reading a suspense mystery novel. And clues dropping in here and there, and makes you go, "hmm...wait a minute! I think I know who the culprit is!"

So yeah, I felt there wasnt much of a love story so far, but more just trying to solve mysteries. I guess that is more to my liking XD

I am going for Amarube senpai now~

I am guessing, each character stands a reason for being there? e.g Kyou-ni didnt just appear for no reason right?

Actually I find Ruen's route has the least love feelings, the rest have it more.
Well, most character have a reason to be there, except for the 2 classmates. Oh no, wait, should be except for a certain classmate with glasses. I have a feeling that this classmate with glasses is only here because the game NEED a NORMAL person in the game.

Kyou-nii had a reason to be here, and his reason will be the main theme for his route. But the reason wasn't explained in his own route, but in Amarube-sempai's route... WITH A FEW WORDS ONLY.

Go for Amarube-sempai first before Kyo-nii to know about Kyou-nii's reason.

#14 Sharakael

Sharakael

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Abeno Yasuaki, Curtis Nile

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:47 PM

I envy you all you can play .__.
...any story summary to get others to drool more? :D

Otome Gaming Diary
(where I rant and babble...)

My favourites character traits: megane, aniki, megane, osananajimi, megane, 2-faces, megane... have I said megane yet?

Playing: Iro-iro (short attention span...)
To Play: ...iro-iro? (too many)

#15 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:41 AM

well, I am still working at this game in a very slow pace.

But I have just finished the 2nd guy, which is Amarube senpai.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWw

Amarube senpai TT^TT

His story made me have tears in my eyes...*hiku* *hiku*

But if I give summary, it would spoil the fun of this game...becuase solving the mystery as you go is the main part of this game...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 Hikari-Rekka

Hikari-Rekka

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, drawing, reading, etc.
  • Who I fangirl over:Italy Veneziano, Seychelles, Tenshi Hinanawi, etc.

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:06 PM

Okay, what's the basic story about? What do you have to solve exactly? Is it like Quin Rose's Alice where everyone kills each other and no one gets in trouble for that? I don't get it...
Icon credit goes to Leafy Icons at Livejournal.

#17 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:39 PM

no...no one kills anyone.

It is a normal school life but one day, you wake up to find that both your parents went on a business trip and you are left at home alone. Then while you were looking for something, you found a ring and when you put it on, a "akuma" appears, and he says that he is looking for a ring and you are forced to help him find it.

Apparently the ring he was looking for is a cursed ring and whoever puts it on, although it will grant you your wish but it will also eat your soul. And the person wearing the ring will turn into a vampire, thirsting for human blood.

So anyway, you agreed you will help him look for it, but in the next few days, you start to meet some people and they seem to have something to do with the ring.

So I guess the mystery is to find out, why these people are there, and what is their relationship to the ring. And since the ring eats its owner's soul, so you are trying to find out who out of the people around you is the owner of the ring. Before they attack you and drink you blood first?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 Hikari-Rekka

Hikari-Rekka

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, drawing, reading, etc.
  • Who I fangirl over:Italy Veneziano, Seychelles, Tenshi Hinanawi, etc.

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:01 AM

Ah, I see. *Relieved* So basically, you build relationships with the characters so you can find out about the whereabouts of the ring? That's understandable and looks interesting. Would love to play it sometime..
Icon credit goes to Leafy Icons at Livejournal.

#19 Sharakael

Sharakael

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Abeno Yasuaki, Curtis Nile

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:13 PM

no...no one kills anyone.

It is a normal school life but one day, you wake up to find that both your parents went on a business trip and you are left at home alone. Then while you were looking for something, you found a ring and when you put it on, a "akuma" appears, and he says that he is looking for a ring and you are forced to help him find it.

Apparently the ring he was looking for is a cursed ring and whoever puts it on, although it will grant you your wish but it will also eat your soul. And the person wearing the ring will turn into a vampire, thirsting for human blood.

So anyway, you agreed you will help him look for it, but in the next few days, you start to meet some people and they seem to have something to do with the ring.

So I guess the mystery is to find out, why these people are there, and what is their relationship to the ring. And since the ring eats its owner's soul, so you are trying to find out who out of the people around you is the owner of the ring. Before they attack you and drink you blood first?

Thanks for the blurb :) I only wanted a blurb because I had no idea what the story or setting is all about. Something I'm confused about though... you said the main character put on the ring? Doesn't that mean she's the owner? Or is there more than one ring?

Otome Gaming Diary
(where I rant and babble...)

My favourites character traits: megane, aniki, megane, osananajimi, megane, 2-faces, megane... have I said megane yet?

Playing: Iro-iro (short attention span...)
To Play: ...iro-iro? (too many)

#20 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:42 PM

there are 2 types of rings. The one the heroine put on is the ring where Ruen was sealed. It does nothing really except you ended up having a hot akuma following you everywhere...xD;;

The ring they are looking for is the evil ring. It can grant the owner a wish in exchange of their soul.

Edit:

I have finished all the routes~ ^^

I cant believe I finished a VK type game 100%!

I like how this game wont bore you with repeated scenarios if you were to play through different characters. It is very interesting that depending on who's route you are on, the person that carries the ebil ring is different, so you never know who to expect.

Although everyone said Asamine's route is the best, but I personally loved Kyo-ni's route because of the interesting bond that he has with Ruen to work together although they hate each other...haha

They remind me of Tsuchiura and Tsukimori or Yunoki working with Kaji xD
Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 My NeoRomance