• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#81 Harroe

Harroe

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yunoki Azuma, all HnK/CnK cast, Jade Curtiss, and Duke(Tales of Vesperia).

Posted 25 December 2009 - 05:51 AM

I'm having a problem on my 2nd playthrough of Tales of Symphonia and I was wondering if anyone knew how to get past it.

I'm at the temple of earth with the second gnomelette and I already have the curry recipe from my last playthrough. The problem is that I don't have any pineapple for the recipe. I know it can be found at the cafeteria in Sybak but I'm not allowed to go into that part of the building right now. So far I've been using Zelos's 'personal' ex gem skill to try and find some, but he hasn't succeeded yet. Is there something else I can do? (Please don't say I have to load an old save file)
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

My livejournal: Ticking Clocks and Patting Rain
I put my scans, art, and other stuff here.

#82 Cloudy

Cloudy

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Shitara Seiji

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:24 PM

@Harroe
Seriously? I thought there were other areas to get pineapple but I believe you are able to get pineapple from girls. I thought when you do the curry thing it happens automatically? Did they not cook because you were low on the ingredients or did you not try? Also if you're trying to get things from girls make sure Zelos's luck doesn't run low or negative or it won't work.

@Rinai
That sounds good and from the videos I think I'll get it eventually. Though I think it's better to just wait for a US release where I am. Most likely will come out here.

#83 Harroe

Harroe

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yunoki Azuma, all HnK/CnK cast, Jade Curtiss, and Duke(Tales of Vesperia).

Posted 26 December 2009 - 03:43 PM

The game won't let me cook the curry without the pineapple. Every time I go back to the gnomelette, a message tells me I don't have enough ingredients. So I guess I have to keep trying with Zelos. Darn, the girls have given me everything but pineapple (at least that's what it feels like).

#84 Cloudy

Cloudy

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:10 PM

Seriously? I thought you could get in the university via the secret entrance. Or do they stop you before you can get to that area? And is the university the only place that sells pineapple? Anyway good luck if it is...

#85 Harroe

Harroe

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:29 PM

I tried the secret entrance too, but you can't go that way during that part of the game. It's really frustrating. I haven't gotten back to playing yet because I needed a break from running around with Zelos womanizing every girl in Tethe'alla. Hopefully my next try will work out better.

#86 Riven

Riven

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Must I choose? Arios, Tenma, ...

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:56 PM

After "watching" Tales of Rebirth on youtube it would be my favourite from story and characters. Too bad that it was never released in English. It seems that the designer has a thing for white-haired heros and blond girls. Senel and Shirley one year later had the same hair colours and the beginning as well reminds me of Tales of Legendia - the girl gets abducted but Tales of Rebirth is much better.

#87 Manwyn

Manwyn

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yunoki, Benkei & Olivie

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:15 PM

I've played most of the games that were released in English. My favourite is Tales of the Abyss, followed very closely by Tales of Symphonia (Im not liking that the sequel is only on the Wii, seeing as I don't have one :P)
I think Abyss had a really complex and long plot (which I really like in a game) and the characters are well developed, IMO.

My favourite characters are Asch and Jayde from Tales of Symphonia...and Emperor Peony (I take to minor characters easily). As for why, I really couldn't say to be honest.

#88 Cloudy

Cloudy

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:51 AM

@Riven
I can't seem to take Tales of Rebirth seriously anymore after seeing Veigue always shout "CLAIRE!" all the time or watching the Tales of Viva videos (especially where he beats up Reid?). xD But I never thought about the whole blonde and white hair thing xD

#89 Riven

Riven

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Must I choose? Arios, Tenma, ...

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:36 PM

Well, the shouting thing reminds me of Senel too^^ and I had to laugh when Saleh said: "Claire... Claire... You sound like an idiot." But in Tales of Rebirth I like the others persons too so this annonyance couldn't stop me from watching and the game really transfer the conflict between the races well.

Tales of Viva? Reid? From which Tales of do you speak? *confused*

At the moment I'm playing Tales of Symphonia - and of course the girl is blond. Well, Llyod have red/braun hair but white wouldn't fit his character at all.

#90 Cloudy

Cloudy

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:24 AM

I think Tales of Viva was a bonus that you get when preordering Radiant Mythology in Japan? I can't remember but I think that's it. It's basically the a bunch of Tales of characters from different games talking to each other with the hosts Zelos and Jade.

I think it was in the lemon gumi but Veigue gets really mad and beats up Reid from Tales of Eternia. It's worth a watch if you're interested. They're all pretty funny. xD

Colette is blonde and it really would be weird if Lloyd had anything but brown hair. I probably couldn't stand it seeing as he's one of my favorites and white hair wouldn't suit him. It's like how Mint is blonde and Cless has brown hair in Phantasia.

#91 Tamarei

Tamarei

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Saeki Teru, Saito, Peter White

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:19 AM

i wanna play tales of vesperia, hearts and graces. too bad i got no xbox 360.

#92 otaku_duckie

otaku_duckie

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:manga anime bishie and drawing
  • Who I fangirl over:Len, ace, blood, ren

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:32 PM

I got Tales of Fandom to work on my laptop!! yay it's so fun! XD
Visit my D.A page
my name is I-am-miss-duckie
Some of my work is below.
Spoiler

#93 SukunaHikona

SukunaHikona

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, game RPG, action, otome,
  • Who I fangirl over:Kiryuu Zero, Kuran Haruka and Kaname, all the men from heart/clover/joker , Gil from Pandora Hearts, Yoite from Nabari no Ou,

Posted 26 June 2010 - 02:08 AM

The first Tales of that I played is Radiant Mythology 1. I also tried to play Abyss but stop in one hour (because I can't stand to see Luke's personality. I know he'll improved, but I can't see more). I already watch Symphonia and Phantasia OVA, also Abyss anime. And I luv the soundtrack, especially Almateria and Yume no Hate. I also read Destiny Director's cut, Destiny 2 and Symphonia manga. So, I already watched and read more than play. Now I'm waiting to buy Tales of Versus, it already released but it hard for me to get it now.

My favorite characters are Leon and Kratos. Too bad of Leon, he is a tragic character, I almost cry when I watched Director's cut ed in YouTube. As for Kratos, he has a tragic past, but at least he still can meet his family.

Otaku_Duckie: You said that you can play Fandom in PC, did Fandom has PC version?

#94 Xeiran

Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Location:On some island in the middle of nowhere surrounded by Bishounen~
  • Who I fangirl over:Do I have to choose?~

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:06 AM

So I just thought all you Tales fans might like to know that the translations for the Tales of Innocence DS game have been completed. There's a completed patch out that you can get at the group's site. I just bought a copy of the game and can't wait to try it out! I've been curious about this game for a while so I'm glad someone translated it (I prefer RPGs in English). I haven't really looked into what Innocence was about, does anyone know how good the storyline is compared to other Tales games?
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#95 Ningyo

Ningyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:^^;;

Posted 03 July 2010 - 12:19 PM

That's great news! Can't say I know much about this title, but I'll have to go find out now :) Thanks for the hint.

Posted Image
Creator of otome visual novels and RPG's

#96 Cloudy

Cloudy

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:10 AM

I was just browsing around and I heard that Tales of the Abyss is going to be a 3DS game? By the screenshots it looks the same as the PS2 version though. I wonder if anything is going to be added or if it's just a port.

#97 Nika

Nika

borderline spammer.

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Interests:Music, Rpg's, Music, Anime, music, manga, and ummm, Music :D
  • Who I fangirl over:Hihara Kazuki, Himuro Reiichi, Ace, Julius

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:35 PM

Yes it is going to be a 3DS game, no real info about what and how though.

I expect it to be some king of port, with with 3D content added? At any rate it was enough to make me want a 3DS, port or not.

#98 CatMuto

CatMuto

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kijyou, Hikami

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:13 AM

The game won't let me cook the curry without the pineapple. Every time I go back to the gnomelette, a message tells me I don't have enough ingredients. So I guess I have to keep trying with Zelos. Darn, the girls have given me everything but pineapple (at least that's what it feels like).

Now, correct me if I'm wrong .. but isn't Shihna the only one who puts Pineapple into the curry? Check if any of the other characters would make it without pineapple .. although it's been a while since I played.

I'm a huge Tales of Fan. My bro got me into it, we played the DeJap version of SNES Tales of Phantasia. And I still play it! Heh, I had a crush on Cless and was uberly happy when I heard of the OVA .. after watching it I despised Mint .. and didn't really feel very warm for the ChesterxArche pairing from the start, anyway.
I'm a ClessxArche supporter - Horray for the Zodiac Tower (Non-)Kiss!!
Hrm, well I played the DeJap SNES version for years, then tried out the GBA and HATED that translation. I mean, I know the DeJap version put things in that weren't really there, but, like, the ship scene ..
SNES Version, Arche dreaming: OH GOD, CLESS, YES! HIT ME HARDER!! <3
GBA Version, Arche dreaming: No, we shouldn't .. we really shouldn't, Cless .. tihihi <3
What, he only nibbles her ear after all? As much as I find ear nibbling kinky and erotic, I still prefer the SNES version ..
Anyhow, I then played the PS1 version on an emulator for a while .. I think my save disappeared .. anyhow, I was sad that there were no voices for the skits .. but this was years later, after playing other Tales Of.

Tales of Symphonia!
Yep, my first non-fan-translated-real-published-Tales-Of-Game. For the Gamecube, my father gave it to me 2003 as a Christmas present and I loved the game. The graphic wasn't the best, but the music was wonderful and the character design was sweet. Downside was, the more often I played it the more I hated the english voices .. seriously, Scott Menville made Lloyd sound twelve.
And Heather's Collet sounded annoying in comparison to the cute Mizuki's.
Also .. Kuwashima = WIN for Presea-chan.
Although Cam Clarke was the only voice I kinda liked ..
I had no real spoilers for me as I read some things beforehand and knew about Kratos and Lloyd. Sh*t, they even look similar, so WTH. Except I first thought Cruxis was a single person and Kvar was a monster ..
After graduating from school, I asked my mom to import the japanese Gamecube version - graduation gift. So wonderful!
And two years ago I imported the PS2 version, but I wasn't able to play it until about a year ago .. yeah, Action Replay made to play IMPORTED GAMES was unable to do so for the PS2 .. so I had to go the long way with Swap Magic and putting the Flip-Top on it.

(By now, my PS2 is my import-only game console ..)

I played Radiant Mythology on the PSP and liked it, again with the english voices. But I thought the guy doing Leon was fun. So it was okay. After selling my PSP and the game a few years back, I imported the japanese version and am currently trying very hard to keep going .. I accidently deleted my save when I thought it was the option to import things to RM2 ..

Before selling the PSP, though, I got Tales of Eternia and played that. It was interesting, I hadn't read anything up and it was fun playing it. It got boring when I was in .. Bal's (?) .. castle. Anyway, somewhere there so I sold the game and haven't finished it yet.
I'm still confused about the Dark and Light Aurora .. Aura .. whatever.
Main Memory of Eternia? WHIZ!!
I spent hours playing that mini-game, I loved hearing Keele's "Ugh, it's not fair!"

Um, let's see if I played another one .. I contemplated Legendia and Rebirth for a while, but those were at times where I had neither console for it. Radiant Mythology 2! I imported it and it took me 4 or 5 new gameplays to finally finish it.
It gets really boring after the .. Magida (?) temple (?) .. and then it picks up again, but boring again when Kannono starts disappearing .. so I started a game with a guy characters (called Helios after Sailor Moon! HAhahaha .. sadly I can't make a Chibiusa look-a-like ..) but got bored and am currently trying to get through with a girl who I called Athena.
Of course, I JUST read that a New Game Plus let's you re-design your character if you want to .. <_<

I keep hearing Tales of the Abyss, WHOW BEST TALES OF EVA~!!
So I thought of buying it .. heehee, turns out it never got released to europe!
Which is weird cause I remember seeing the cover for it at Gamestop once .. anyway, I ordered the american version a few days ago. And there aren't any spoilers for me .. so I won't go "Everybody's a f*cking REPLICAAAAAAAAAA!!" or "Re-Incarnation of a godess, replica, replica, jerk who started everything, backstabbing horny bitch, fake bitchy princess and guy-who-has-such-a-sad-story-but-I-still-find-it-hilarious .. what a boring bunch!"
Only surprise for me was when I heard that Lorelei was a GUY. Y'know .. with a name like LORELEI I'd expect a woman.

Tales of Symphonia - Ratatosk no Kishi
I. Hate. It.
I never played it and I don't really want to play it, but my BF is gonna force me when I visit him.
I was already suspiscious when they announced a sequel .. and they bring it out for Wii.
Now, I personally hate the Wii because I think it's a sorry excuse of a console to force people to do exercises ..
Anyhow, I heard of the story and as soon as it hinted "Lloyd = teh evulz!" I was like .. Whack. The. Frog.

Spoiler

And I heard that the voices were changed horribly .. I watched only TWO scenes of the entire game. Flanoir. With Shihna. And with Presea. With the sound OFF. Might I mention that I was squealing when Lloyd hugged Shihna backwards? Finally, that guy's hormones have started to work and his testicles dropped.
Then I watched those scenes in japanese and squealed all the more. Mmhh, Konishi's deepish voice~ <3
Also .. WTF happened with Yuan's outfit? He looks like a f*cking Butler!! O_o

If you don't like the way I spell their names, I don't care!

C-A

P.S: Long Post.
P.P.S: Lately, I wanna play Symphonia again but I know I just have to start the game anew and go for Genius and not gain Kratos' outfits for .. um .. lesse, Genius .. Zelos .. Regal .. for about 3 or 4 for playthroughs! Q_Q

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance