#21 Cloudy

Cloudy

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Shitara Seiji

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:15 PM

I was disappointed with Dawn of the New World...I kind of liked the graphics for a Tales game but it was too short and I didn't either of the new characters...

So just wondering but did anybody check out Tales of Graces yet? It's the new mothership title for the Wii. So far it doesn't look bad. That and the new Tales of Vesperia for the PS3 is coming out. I wanna play just because of the bonus Tales of Abyss costumes they have. Though I think Flynn should have Guy's costume instead of Luke's...

#22 Nika

Nika

borderline spammer.

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Interests:Music, Rpg's, Music, Anime, music, manga, and ummm, Music :D
  • Who I fangirl over:Hihara Kazuki, Himuro Reiichi, Ace, Julius

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:09 AM

Played Symphonia and Ratatosk no Kishi, Abyss, Rebirth, Eternia (psp remake) and both Tales of the world games. I like Abyss best, because it has Jade (a. because he is awesome and b. because he is voiced by Koyasu Takehito). I also like the Battle system a bit more than that of symphonia because of the free-run ability and the FOF-changes that almost always resulted in extra flashy attacks.

I was disappointed with Dawn of the New World...I kind of liked the graphics for a Tales game but it was too short and I didn't either of the new characters...

So just wondering but did anybody check out Tales of Graces yet? It's the new mothership title for the Wii. So far it doesn't look bad. That and the new Tales of Vesperia for the PS3 is coming out. I wanna play just because of the bonus Tales of Abyss costumes they have. Though I think Flynn should have Guy's costume instead of Luke's...

I am actually pre-ordering Vesperia for the PS3, just because I want the costumes so badly. First time doing that really. And yes, Flynn should have had Guy's costume, they would have been identical and I'd have Guy back in my party.

Ratatosk no Kishi (Dawn of the world, whatever) disappointed me a bit as well. I had a lot of fun playing the game, but I just thought it had so much more potential. I liked Richter and Emil's violent side too xD But it was mostly a trip down the memory lane, visiting all those places again.

#23 Riven

Riven

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Must I choose? Arios, Tenma, ...

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:15 AM

I like the Tales of serie although I had only played two of them ( Abyss and Tales of Destiny 1? - the one with the talking swords ) . I love the talking swords and cried at the end but the story in Abyss was more complex. Perhaps I will play one of them in the future but at the moment the many fights in rpgs annoys me. I wonder each time how in a small area can be so many monster - they must be halv-starved or hunt each other.

#24 Nika

Nika

borderline spammer.

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:53 AM

I wonder each time how in a small area can be so many monster - they must be halv-starved or hunt each other.

Lol, yes you've got a point. More games should do something with that. (The monsters in Final Fantasy 12 sometimes attacked or ate each other)

#25 Ningyo

Ningyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:^^;;

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:25 PM

So I have finally dipped into the Tales series a little. It looks so huge though, that it seems a little daunting ^^;

At first I tried out the first Tales of the World game, but the grinding got to me... so I decided to check out one of the original games, so that I would at least know the characters are little better (Tales of the World seems a little like a fan-service game in that regard).

So! Right now I'm playing Tales of Phantasia with a translation patch :P And then I got my hands on a copy of Tales of Symphonia for afterwards. So far I like Phantasia - the talks between the characters on the map are cute and funny. The story is nice too, although I can kinda see where it's going :P

Posted Image
Creator of otome visual novels and RPG's

#26 celestite

celestite

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Location:A country where we can't found any otome games in Store T____T
  • Interests:Read manga wit a lot of bishie pics...
    Playing otome game and hear some music...
    And the last is playing with my friends!
  • Who I fangirl over:too much! I cant count~

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:12 PM

I think tales series is intersting, but since i only have ps, ps 2, and wii.
So, i have only try to play tales of eternia, symponia, abyss, world, and phantasia.

First tales game that i played was tales of eternia, it really hook me. I love collecting the recipe. And the plus point in tales game is the interactive or maybe talking event went we camp or walk in the world map, the event is funny.

But, i have give up play tales of world, i don't understand how to play. The other tales is fine, but i think tales of world is difficult.

#27 Nika

Nika

borderline spammer.

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:43 PM

Tales of the world... difficult? I think it is probably the easiest of all? Its made to be enjoyable after all. Plot isn't difficult either because it doesn't exist

#28 Cloudy

Cloudy

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:29 PM

@Nika
Actually I liked the battle system in TotA better than Symphonia too. Mainly because of the free run though and because I hated having to run in a straight line when I want to avoid an attack.
In Vesperia it makes me sad how just Yuri, Estelle, and Flynn have costumes...I kinda wished everyone on the team had TotA costumes or at least costumes from other Tales of games. And in Dawn of the New World I enjoyed the sidequests with Ritcher and seeing all the old characters more than hanging around Marta and Tenebrae. Actually...
Spoiler

#29 Nika

Nika

borderline spammer.

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:07 AM

I liked Tenebrae, I don't know how he was in the english version but in the Japanese version he was brilliant. He made me laugh so much xD

I thought the other characters also had some sort of cosplay-costume. I have to go and check on that though. All I remember at the moment is that I loved Repede's swim costume. (he wears flippers xD)

Edit: ugh, I'm pretty sure I read about it somewhere, but I can't find it anymore. most have been wishfull thinking. I did find some awesome fanarts though. here and here.

#30 KuroRin_88

KuroRin_88

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:games, manga, anime, seiyuu, cute things, etc XD
  • Who I fangirl over:Haseo, Roxis, Teru, Gilbert, Hibari, Etou, and many more XD

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:47 AM

I only played Tales of The Abyss. For To Symphonia, Eternia and Phantasia, I only saw them on OVA ver. (anime ver for Eternia), so I guess I could only vote for To The Abyss XD
I've seen my brother playing To Destiny and To Legendia before, and it seems to be quite interesting (I'm not really sure for ToD, since I didn't really understand English back then). I've seen ToL and To Vesperia on manga version, and it seems the story's quite interesting ^^

My fave character would be Guy, then Asch, and Ion (ToTA) XD

I've tried playing Tales of The Tempest on DS, but I don't understand the system >_< (... since I can't read Kanji...)

Huuummmm, what to dooo~~~

#31 Cloudy

Cloudy

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:08 AM

@Nika
I did like Tenebrae. I thought he was interesting but I meant I'd rather be around the characters from the first game more since I really liked characters like Lloyd and Zelos. Well actually I just couldn't stand Marta. She annoyed me too much. :/ Actually I kind of wondered what would happen if characters like Tenebrae and Jade met. I bet that'd be interesting to watch! xD

#32 Nika

Nika

borderline spammer.

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:10 AM

@Cloudy: I thought the exact same thing. Having Tenebrae and Jade meet would be... brilliant. They have simillar humor so... I can only imagine the hilarious end results xD

@Kurorin: The story of Legendia did seem interesting indeed, but for me it was the battle system that did it in. Because Tales of Symphonia was the first game I played I was used to that battle system, Legendia feels radically different and I just couldn't get used to it. Stangely enough I've also played parts of Rebirth, which has a similar battle system, but that never annoyed me as much.

#33 celestite

celestite

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:37 PM

@nika : Its difficult coz i play the japanese version one, and i have dificullity to read each item that have to be collected on mission. And until now i don't understand how to collect the plant's item thing.

#34 Nika

Nika

borderline spammer.

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:30 PM

Oh right. That can get quite tricky then...
Are you playing the first or second Tales of the World? If you have an idea about what you are looking for I might be able to help ^^

#35 Cloudy

Cloudy

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:04 AM

Just wondering but did anyone watch the gummis? They're specials that come with the Japanese versions of the game and are hosted by 2 characters I like, Jade and Zelos. I love them! xD They're so funny interacting with characters from other series!

#36 Yuu

Yuu

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  • Interests:Staring at.... Medicine Seller, Yes he has no name.
  • Who I fangirl over:Ace, Yunoki Azuma, Kaji Aoi, Shimizu Keiichi, Kira Akihiro, Tsukimori Len, Souma, Ravi, Blood Dupree, Vincent, FF13V guy, Seperioth, Mononoke's medicine seller

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:29 AM

Yea. I love the gummies..
Totally hilarious.....
Esp when they gather all the characters together.
Zelos and Jade combi.... I mean I can only say that host combination makes me unable to take Jade seriously LOL. (Doesn't use him much in TOW RM2)

@ celestite : If you have problem with the 2nd one you can ask me too. XDXD
~ 悠.Yuu

For the love of Bishies Featuring : Noctis [Final Fantasy Versus 13]

Posted Image

Supported by : Save Our Bishies (SOB) ..... And Save our Seiyuus.(SOS)

By : Save our bishie (SOB) and Save our Seiyuus (SOS)

#37 celestite

celestite

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:58 PM

@Nika : its the first one... I want to ask how to collect the flower or plant that requested on the mission?

@yuu : thanks!

#38 Nika

Nika

borderline spammer.

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 03:53 PM

@celestite: Hmm, thats the one I have in english, but I'll try anyway. If you are still in Ailily (first town) You are most likely looking for something that appears in a searchpoint in the foot of the world tree (the dungeon under the world tree. seach points are those ugly yellow rings xD)

You'll need a bronze/silver/gold sickel for that though, they can be bought from the item shop, just scroll all the way down, it should be one of the bottom three items, the cheapest one actually. Buy a few and hunt a few search points and if a mission complete message pops up it was right and you can return to the person who gave you the quest.

If thats not you are probably searching for puchpuri wings, which can be gotten by defeating them. Aaaaand if thats not it either, take a picture of the mission and show it to me, I should be able to decipher what it should be xD

#39 Yuu

Yuu

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  • Interests:Staring at.... Medicine Seller, Yes he has no name.
  • Who I fangirl over:Ace, Yunoki Azuma, Kaji Aoi, Shimizu Keiichi, Kira Akihiro, Tsukimori Len, Souma, Ravi, Blood Dupree, Vincent, FF13V guy, Seperioth, Mononoke's medicine seller

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:03 PM

@ celestite -san + Nika -san :er.... wait. wad language are you playing
Cuz for RM1 there are some pretty comprehensive guides avaliable....
~ 悠.Yuu

For the love of Bishies Featuring : Noctis [Final Fantasy Versus 13]

Posted Image

Supported by : Save Our Bishies (SOB) ..... And Save our Seiyuus.(SOS)

By : Save our bishie (SOB) and Save our Seiyuus (SOS)

#40 Nika

Nika

borderline spammer.

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:09 PM

Oh, you know a good Japanese one? I could use that for this.

ehm, I am playing the English one, and Celestite is playing the Japanese version. Which makes giving advise rather tricky xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance