#1 ameshi

ameshi

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kururugi Suzaku <3

Posted 22 August 2008 - 03:23 PM

Hey guys! Just last year I got really interested in the Tales series of video games by Namco? My first one was Tales of the Abyss, which is still my absolute favorite. Right now I'm in the middle of Tales of the Tempest and Tales of Symphonia, which are both great games. There are still so many, so it's a little intimidating, but I hope to play them all someday. XD

So anyway, who's played them? And if so...

- Which one is your favorite? Why?
- Who's your favorite character? Why?

My favorite is, like I said, Tales of the Abyss, and my favorite characters are Guy and Asch. ^_^ I love Abyss probably because it's the first one I played and the story is just really moving and complex. So are all the characters. I love Guy because he's blonde XD he's cute, funny, and pretty much a total sweetheart despite his past. And then Asch because I really want to give him a hug. ^^ He needs it.

So yeah... Anyone else? XD
Posted Image

#2 sunstarmoon84

sunstarmoon84

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:kazahaya,asou, inukai nado nado

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:34 PM

actually i've play all of tales except vesperia (i can't believe they made it for xbox!!!!)
and the next tales in nds (tales of heart) will have 3d movie (realist type, not animatic), you can check the site to compare the anime style and 3d style.
anime version is better i think.

for nds, innocence is the best.

and for symphonia, have u played wii version (tales of symphonia ratatosuku no kishi), well loyd will be the enemy for the beginning in this version.

as long as i remember, tales in pasone and ps2 are phantasia, destiny, destiny2, eternia, symphonia, legendia, abyss, and rebirth
for wii, still symphonia ratatosk n kishi
and xbox is vesperia.
plus tales of the world and fandom series

my favourite is still abyss and symphonia. (might be vesperia, coz when i see its graphics in their site...... i really loose my words)
chara (for now) spada... cawaiiiiii, richter (nantonaku), leon (yummy), guy (ijimetainaa)

#3 ameshi

ameshi

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:09 PM

actually i've play all of tales except vesperia (i can't believe they made it for xbox!!!!)
and the next tales in nds (tales of heart) will have 3d movie (realist type, not animatic), you can check the site to compare the anime style and 3d style.
anime version is better i think.

for nds, innocence is the best.

and for symphonia, have u played wii version (tales of symphonia ratatosuku no kishi), well loyd will be the enemy for the beginning in this version.

as long as i remember, tales in pasone and ps2 are phantasia, destiny, destiny2, eternia, symphonia, legendia, abyss, and rebirth
for wii, still symphonia ratatosk n kishi
and xbox is vesperia.
plus tales of the world and fandom series

my favourite is still abyss and symphonia. (might be vesperia, coz when i see its graphics in their site...... i really loose my words)
chara (for now) spada... cawaiiiiii, richter (nantonaku), leon (yummy), guy (ijimetainaa)

Oh wow! All but Vesperia? That's dedication! X3

I haven't played the sequel to Symphonia though, since it's not out in the States yet-- and I don't have a Wii. ^^; But my best friend does, and she is SUPER excited about it, so I'm going to go over to her house when she gets it and we're going to play it together. I'm excited about Tales of Heart too, and yeah, I agree that the anime one looks a lot better.

I'm kind of bummed about Vesperia being for the 360 too... just 'cause I'll probably never play it now. ~_~ None of my friends have one. Oh well... It looks pretty cool though.
Posted Image

#4 sunstarmoon84

sunstarmoon84

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:kazahaya,asou, inukai nado nado

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:32 PM

coz i love all of tales stories. it's so touching!!
i just regret that in symphonia ratatosk no kishi, i forget to use grades to maintain the titles. (saikou no partner) TT

hope that they will release vesperia in ps3, since namco other rpg trusty bell (xbox360) will be released for ps3.
i don't have ps3 yet but plan to buy it since ff13, shirokishimonogatari will be released for it.
(gosh i need more space in my room since i bought ps2 psone wii nds psp)

anyone played tales of the world or fandom?

#5 Shizuka

Shizuka

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yorihisa, Masaomi, Hiiragi, Kaji, Hyuuga

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:31 AM

I LOVE the Tales series! I've been a die-hard fan since I bought Tales of Symphonia when it first came out in 2004. My favorites are Tales of the Abyss and Tales of Symphonia, and my favorite characters are (in no particular order) Kratos, Zelos, Luke, Tear, Guy, Asch, Jade, Lloyd, Colette, Sheena, Stan, Leon and... uh, sorry. Was I supposed to choose one? I've played Tales of Symphonia, Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Destiny (all three versions: PS1 version, PS2 version and Director's Cut), Tales of Destiny 2, Tales of Eternia, Tales of Legendia, Tales of Phantasia, Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology, and I think that's it. But the only ones I've actually finished so far are Symphonia, Abyss, and Legendia. I really want to play Tales of Vesperia, but buying an XBox 360 for just one game is too expensive. I'm probably going to get a Wii for the Symphonia sequel since there are at least other games on the Wii I'll like. Did you know that there's going to be a Tales of the Abyss anime soon? Not an OVA like Symphonia, but a 26 episode TV series!
Posted Image

#6 Mizuho_Subaru

Mizuho_Subaru

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Interests:Reading, music, games, violin
  • Who I fangirl over:Benkei san, Kazahaya, Yunoki, Tuskimori kun & Shimizu kun

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:00 AM

Finally, a place to talk about Tales series. I just recently decided to buy the EN version of Tales of Vesperia & have to borrow my friend's xbox 360. & I'm really not sure whether I should get the JP version later when the price of JP xbox360 drops. I don't think the EN casts are bad, but I prefer JP casts better (the fact that I said I prefer Miyano better is the prove since I don't really like him).

Anyway, that's not the things that I want to say. My most favorite Tales game must be Tales of the Abyss. It's storyline is amazing & touching. I cried so many times in the game & it's the 1st RPG game that's able to make me cry in both 1st & 2nd play-through (& I don't cry alot too...) In addition, the battle system is awesome!!!! After playing ToA, I can't reverse back to ToE & ToP (How can I!!!!!!!) I even think ToI is less interest because of the battle system. I was so happy to heard that it's going to be released as anime (26 episodes) in Japan this October & the OP song is still Karma. Really, there can be no better song that fit the series as Karma. I just wonder who's going to be the cast for Ion sama.

Currently really thinking of getting Wii so I can play ToS: RnK. It has the most ridiculous Hi-Ougi ever (or more like funny).

Quick Edit (forgot to say who's my favorite): If I really have to pick, I will pick Asch. But then again, I also love Guy alot (there's no girl that won't like him) and of course, Luke as well. I like Guy because he's Guy. He's nice, responsible, gentle, etc. Luke and Asch are kinda hard to pick, since they are really the same but at the same time very different people. I love Asch because he's the tragic hero in the story (not that Luke isn't...) As for Luke, I am really not sure... So, there you have it.

anyone played tales of the world or fandom?

I got ToW from my friend as Christmas gift. It's okay and can be funny. The battle system is more like ToA (but ToA is still better). I also have ToF2. I got the game because of Jade's story there. Man, I so laughed whenever Peony's there.

By the way, anyone think that Flynn (spell???) from ToV looks like Guy from ToA???? Or it's just me....

#7 ameshi

ameshi

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:57 AM

Yay! More Tales fans! X3

I am totally psyched about the anime coming out. I think I literally screamed outloud when I read the news about it the first time... that's how happy I was. XD Abyss is probably one of my favorite video games ever, so yeah...

I also have Tales of the World (I totally forgot!!)! I'm not very far in it though, unfortunately. My PSP gets so little love from me. D:

By the way, anyone think that Flynn (spell???) from ToV looks like Guy from ToA???? Or it's just me....

He totally does! My friend pointed that out to me when we were talking about the character designs, and I said that'd be the only reason I'd lay down all that money for one game and one system. XD He's Guy's clone! Though of course the other characters look interesting too. ^_^;
Posted Image

#8 topostarlight

topostarlight

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Video games, drawing, anime, cartoons, horror, yaoi, yuri, simulation games, comics/manga, toys, etc.
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis, Fujiwara no Takamichi, Hikami Itaru

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:29 PM

I've played a few and love the series, but still gotta beat one ;_; So, I've played Destiny, Symphonia, Legendia, Phantasia, and Abyss. Abyss would have to be my favorite, just for the story itself, I got really emotional at times during it and the main character really grew in it, which I liked.

Favorite characters..well, one will always be Philia from Tales of Destiny, I just always loved her, she's so sweet and quiet and I have a thing for glasses characters. Another would be Kratos, from Symphonia, he's cool and mysterious.
Posted Image

#9 Ningyo

Ningyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:^^;;

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:07 PM

I have never tried a Tales of game, but I often hear a lot of good things about them. It seems that every time I consider to try one, it's either for the wrong system or it never came out where I live ;_;

The new Tales of Vesperia looks awesome, but it's for the xbox360, so I miss out once again ^^;
I think the only Tales of series that I have run into in a (net)store here recently has been one for the gba. Maybe I should check that out, although I would have preferred one for another system.....

Posted Image
Creator of otome visual novels and RPG's

#10 Yuu

Yuu

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  • Interests:Staring at.... Medicine Seller, Yes he has no name.
  • Who I fangirl over:Ace, Yunoki Azuma, Kaji Aoi, Shimizu Keiichi, Kira Akihiro, Tsukimori Len, Souma, Ravi, Blood Dupree, Vincent, FF13V guy, Seperioth, Mononoke's medicine seller

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:09 PM

Hmm....
Lol. My first tales series.... Tales of phantasia.... the first tales of series
Tales of the world.... well its fun for the first few days you play. But after some time unless you really love the game you probably will get bored of it.

I love tales tho. But in my opinion if Namco wants to make an exclusive character that is determined by the player.
They should put in more things like characteristic choice and the options and interactions of different personality will be diff.

Anyway I love tales of series. They are just oozing with seiyuus. Like vesperia has miyano mamoru... faints.

I like Eternia. Reid just cracks mi up.
And I like Leon from Symphonia?(not sure) I like anti-heros. So I like veigue from Tales of..... forget sorry. Although I cant stand His CLARE etc... Tsudere types... fangers...

I like Kratos too.....

WAITNG FOR TALES OF THE WORLD RADIANT MYTHOLOGY 2 XD.
~ 悠.Yuu

For the love of Bishies Featuring : Noctis [Final Fantasy Versus 13]

Posted Image

Supported by : Save Our Bishies (SOB) ..... And Save our Seiyuus.(SOS)

By : Save our bishie (SOB) and Save our Seiyuus (SOS)

#11 ameshi

ameshi

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:52 PM

Anyway I love tales of series. They are just oozing with seiyuus. Like vesperia has miyano mamoru... faints.

WAITNG FOR TALES OF THE WORLD RADIANT MYTHOLOGY 2 XD.

Miyano is in Vesperia?! Kyaaah, I didn't know! *_* Now I really AM sad I'll never play this. D: Oh well, I probably wouldn't have played it in Japanese anyway. XD

I love the casts for all of the games in Japanese that I've played. Like Abyss and Symphonia had awesome casts, both in Japanese AND English. They usually do a fantastic job with dubbing. Abyss was probably the best of the bunch with dubbing, just because of Yuri Lowenthal and Johnny Yong Bosch. They're like the perfect Luke and Guy, I swear. XD I hope that if the anime were ever to get licensed and come to the U.S., they'd try to keep the same voice actors, because I don't think I would watch it in dub if they changed them.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR TotWRM2 EITHER! Guy is going to be in it! YAY! XD
Posted Image

#12 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I can't choose anymore since otome games are getting more popular LOL

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:19 PM

I played the very first Tales of Phantasia on a translated ROM by DeJap translations way back in the day. I was in middle school then...uh...I was almost finished with that game until my computer crashed. ><;
The only other Tales of games I've played are Tales of Legendia...which I have not finished and Tales of Radiant Mythology which I have finished but have not gone through the other classes...
I also have Tales of the Abyss but I haven't started it and my younger sister is playing it since one of her friends naturally loves the game so she got curious. (Well, I haven't touched my PS2 in a long time.)

I'm selling stuff so if you're interested please take a look!

If you want to find more random blabbings of otome games you can look at my livejournal if you want~
I moved...it's called Peaceful Grace.
I've started a new blog at wordpress it's called Reaching Towards You since my LJ is full of my tweets.
If you want to look at pictures you can look at my tumblr nothing special...

The Icon Avatar is from Neskaya.net

#13 Xeiran

Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Location:On some island in the middle of nowhere surrounded by Bishounen~
  • Who I fangirl over:Do I have to choose?~

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:38 AM

I love the Tales series. I've played all the ones that are in English and my favorite is probably Symphonia because I loved Kratos. Especially when you get all his affection or whatever they call it up, and you can meet with him before the end of the game in that snow town (I forgot the name, its been a while since I played this game).

I'm really looking forward to Vesperia, I just wish they left the option to switch between Japanese and in English voices in. I really want to play the new one coming out for the Wii but I don't own a Wii so I'm not sure how I will do that~

EDIT: I just got my copy of Vesperia last night. I was really surprised that almost every copy in my entire city was completely sold out. I got the last one but now I wish I pre-ordered it so I could have gotten the music CD to listen to since I love the music to this game.
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#14 Mizuho_Subaru

Mizuho_Subaru

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:30 AM

Anyone knows if there's a guide for Tales of Vesperia yet??? I don't know whether I should get the English or Japan guide though I'm getting the English version of the game...

#15 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I can't choose anymore since otome games are getting more popular LOL

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:23 PM

Anyone knows if there's a guide for Tales of Vesperia yet??? I don't know whether I should get the English or Japan guide though I'm getting the English version of the game...

I think you should get the English version of the guide because besides the language they might change the location of certain items and things like that in the English version.

I'm selling stuff so if you're interested please take a look!

If you want to find more random blabbings of otome games you can look at my livejournal if you want~
I moved...it's called Peaceful Grace.
I've started a new blog at wordpress it's called Reaching Towards You since my LJ is full of my tweets.
If you want to look at pictures you can look at my tumblr nothing special...

The Icon Avatar is from Neskaya.net

#16 Mizuho_Subaru

Mizuho_Subaru

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:49 PM

I finally got the game yesterday. I went to read the manual & I was struck with lots things that I cannot translate from my Japanese knowledge about tales games into English... Meaning, I had trouble understanding Tales in English... *orz* need to borrow my friend's Japanese manual....

#17 Cloudy

Cloudy

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Shitara Seiji

Posted 13 September 2008 - 03:15 AM

So many Tales fans! I love the series! I've played Abyss, Symphonia, and Phantasia. My favorite character from the series is probably Guy. I love his phobia of women. It just makes me wanna hug him. I love Zelos and Luke almost as much ^^
Anyone see the Dawn of the New World trailor yet? The sequel to Symphonia?

#18 Mizuho_Subaru

Mizuho_Subaru

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 02:09 PM

ToS: Dawn of the New World (English title anyway) seems interesting. I watched some of the play-through on NicoNico. I still couldn't help but laugh at some certain Hi-Ougi in that game... & yeah, Guy's phobia of woman just makes him even cuter...

#19 Xeiran

Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Location:On some island in the middle of nowhere surrounded by Bishounen~
  • Who I fangirl over:Do I have to choose?~

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:31 PM

Dawn of the New World does look interesting, to bad I don't own a Wii though. I'll probably borrow my friends to play it.

On a side note, has anyone played far enough into Vesperia to figure out what the plot is really about?I'm thirty hours into the game and it still doesn't seem like it has to much of a plotline other than helping Estelle with everything.
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#20 ameshi

ameshi

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:00 PM

Dawn of the New World does look interesting, to bad I don't own a Wii though. I'll probably borrow my friends to play it.

On a side note, has anyone played far enough into Vesperia to figure out what the plot is really about?I'm thirty hours into the game and it still doesn't seem like it has to much of a plotline other than helping Estelle with everything.

Thirty hours in and no plot yet? That's weird... Though I think I've heard that before. Maybe it gets better? ^_^;; Certainly there has to be a reason a lot of the people who've played it to the end really enjoyed it. ...this reply is late though, so maybe you've gotten further by now!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance