#1 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It changes.

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:46 AM

Come one, come all, and confess what scares you! xDD *thinks self is starting to sound like cheesy circus ringmaster*

Okay, let me start . . .

My number one fear at the moment would be flying cockroaches. Dormant cockroaches freak me out a little, but when they start taking flight I scream like a girl (Hey, I AM one!) and run several blocks away. Brrr.

Also I know how people say that butterflies are beautiful creatures, but I'm scared of them as well, especially the huge, gigantic ones. When I went on school trips to butterfly farms I end up covering myself like I was living in Alaska =.="

Let's just say I'm not fond of most insects (even ladybirds. Yes, yes, I know.)

Also I have a phobia of driving. Have driven exactly less than 10 times since I got my license. I don't know. Just getting behind the wheels makes my palms start sweating.

Other things I'm not fond of : clowns, horror movies, nails on blackboards, my computer crashing and wiping out all my anime and otome games stored inside (perish the thought), Yunoki-sama getting married to another girl . . . erm, wait.

So far that's all I can think of at the moment. So, what scares you? xDD

#2 Misha

Misha

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:A lot? 8D
  • Who I fangirl over:もう数え切れぬw

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:31 PM

I have only one phobia, but it's a heavy one: Blood.
Yes, I am hemophobic. Even seeing blood in movies is enough to make me feel dizzy.

When I was younger, my family's car passed by an accident site. It was some minivan that crashed into one of the road pillars. Seems like some people nearby dragged the victim out of his car, and I saw him lying there on the road, all bloody. Eventually I feel really dizzy and lost consciousness afterwards. I can't stand gore movies / anime / manga either.. they make my head hurts ._.

I also dislike any kind of reptiles and cockroaches though, but it's because they ick me off, not because I'm scared or have a phobia. XD

Posted Image
あなたの背中追おう、の彼方まで
lj otome twit tumblr

#3 Moe

Moe

ばか猫

• Hachiyo
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping... Like seriously...
  • Who I fangirl over:The guy from that game!!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:16 PM

Phobia... Hmmm I think I'm kind of afraid of heights... But more like if I'm at high place and there's nothing on either side of me, you know like you are walking on a bridge and nothing to hold on either hands...

I have no problem on riding roller coaster, airplane... but ferris wheel... for me not so romantic >_>

so don't expect me to do some bungee jumping, climbing mountains any time soon...

For reptiles and insect, I never had particular feelings... If a flying cockroach come towards me, I either kill it or spray with insect killer... Reptiles and snakes, since one of my close friends had dozens of them so already immune to them...

Posted ImagePosted Image

MNR otome game Love blossom Extended, the hidden truth!

Spoiler

Love blossom walkthrough if you ever need it
Videogames ruined my life... Thank God I'm a katz so I have lives to spare

Posted Image
HAPPY 6TH ANNIVERSARY MNR

#4 aznkeo

aznkeo

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:44 AM

My biggest phobia is heights also. Although it sort of somewhat depends? Like majority 95% of the time I'm scared of being up high. (like a mall on the second floor and you can look down to the first...I have to stay in the inner towards the stores side >>;;) And I can get pretty nervous on piggyback rides even though it's fun >> I freak out also lol at the same time.

o.o;; and then again I have my own bunkbed and even sleep at the top...and competely fine, which is sort of pretty weird. But other then that (just a bunkbed) I'm pretty scared of heights.

I'm not really that scared of bugs...more so disgusted and want it dead, like I just spray them with insect repellent (or hairspray lol since I don't always have that in handy.) Ugh...but that's only for like spiders, moths and I guess ants? But we only have moths in our house so I'm fine. @_@ just don't get me going near any cockroach, centipedes, heck even rollypollies, dragon flies....or earwigs and I'm getting the nearest shoe and killing it because I think they're disgusting.

Posted Image
Hihara Senpai needs moar L O V E
Otome Blog - White Butterfly and I'm Selling Stuff here~

#5 lilinnocence

lilinnocence

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, games, reading, writing, RPing etc.
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many. Way too many.

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:54 AM

Bugs, it's not a big fear. I just find them gross.

I hate the sound of nails on the blackboard or anything similar. I just hate the screeching sound it makes so much!

As for heights, its my no.1 fear. I can do rollercoasters but you find that it'll take ALOT of persuasion for me to go on things like a giant swing or a flying fox (Depends if you knnow what they are)

I remember going to QLD for camp this year and I was freaking just by going up the many steps to ride on the water rides, the roller coasters. The strong wind made me more scared then I was just thinking about it. But I don't regret ride them I guess it's more the that the thought is scary but actually doing the rides are enjoyable. Oh but that batman ride in Movie Wolrd dropped so quick I literally flew off my seat <- That was the only ride which scared the heck out of me. Luckily there was a harness but I was holding onto the handle for dear life because the harness looked loose. T^T

#6 midorihimesama

midorihimesama

バカ姫

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • Interests:doodling, drabbling, singing my lungs out (and other people's eardrums off), and fangirlish squealing ^^
  • Who I fangirl over:too many already (what a sinful woman, lol)

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:32 AM

I'm scared of heights and sitting beside the window in an airplane and riding rides that involves height scares me like hell. I've managed to tackle most of it but I still can't pluck the courage to ride a jet coaster. I had managed to tackle my fear of thunder, since it's too shoujo scenario for me and I want to prove myself there's nothing to be afraid of unless it strikes at you of course

I think I have a weird phobia. I'm scared to death when I'm all alone in a big place. So I tend to go to places that is packed (though my low blood pressure would tell me otherwise) just so I won't be alone. The animals that I'm afraid of are basically cockroaches, rats, and most of all, snakes!!! Eeeekkkk!!!!

Posted Image

Save Our Seiyuu and Bishies. Period.

Glomps Shaina@LJ for this LOL scan of Uchida

#7 RuthLovesKurama

RuthLovesKurama

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:Kurama. Anime, Manga, Bishounens, video games, writing, Drawing, Art, Sleeping, eating..
  • Who I fangirl over:Kurama, Yunoki, Eisen, ok basically all bishies.

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:43 AM

Spiders! >.< I can't stand spiders! I have always feared them, and freak out when one jumps on me. Not as scared of the little ones but the bigger ones. XO Espically the ones that jump at you, and the fast speedy ones, and ugh, I can't talk about them. *Shivers*

Also, I used to have a fear of Clowns, not really scared, more like hated. When I was little, I used to wear red shoes, and I was at a circus, and one of those clowns made fun of me! I hated clowns ever since!

... and um, Kurama hating me and stuff. T.T

#8 Megumeru

Megumeru

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:too many, can't keep track!!

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:40 AM

Bugs, hate them. Especially things like earthworms, caterpillars, silkworms, slugs, snails.............ugh. Of course, they may be harmless and all, but I would want to run away as far away as I can from them. They are just so disgusting looking to me! And basically insects makes me freak out and shriek.

#9 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Interests:リラちゃん♥poupee girl
  • Who I fangirl over:quirky-voice types

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:51 AM

I'm claustrophobic, so anything and everything to do with small, cramped areas, little breathing room, and a lack of personal space (especially being stuck right next to people who SMOKE >_<) makes me go crazy. Throw in a caustic mix of loud noise, and it gets even worse. This is why I never go to rock/pop/loud concerts (I like to go to musicals, Disney on Ice shows, and band concerts though). I'm glad I've never been stuck in a lift before, so that's good.

I dislike bugs too, but it's not that bad. I'll just scream a bit, then get 5 sheets of tissue to pick the dead cockroach off the floor while wearing a plastic bag over my hand. XD I'm more afraid of the diseases it brings than the insect itself.

Does anyone have a strange phobia? A really strange one. I once watched a TV show where there would be people going haywire at the sight of a cucumber/pickle.
Posted Image

Confusing with nonsensical verbosity>>>>
DF: ad hoc spazz

#10 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:20 AM

Hmm I don't know why, but I quite like tall places (I would love to live in a penthouse one day). Abseiliing, flying fox, etc are my favorite activities when I get to do them. Next time I want to try bungee jumping! xDD Plus I ADORE roller coasters. Weird, huh?

Hmm, and I thought of another one. Sometimes when I watch an anime and some guy I like goes for the wrong girl I'll be all "IYAAAAAAAA! NO!!!!!!!!" and refuse to watch the anime for some time because my heart would not be able to take it, like that Saiunkoku thing I heard about T.T

Spoiler

I don't think that's technically a phobia, though.

Oh, but I do have friends who hate the sight and smells of durian (I adore durian, too. xDDD) They think its disgusting (most of them are Caucasians, I wonder why?)

#11 RuthLovesKurama

RuthLovesKurama

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:Kurama. Anime, Manga, Bishounens, video games, writing, Drawing, Art, Sleeping, eating..
  • Who I fangirl over:Kurama, Yunoki, Eisen, ok basically all bishies.

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:29 PM

I once watched a TV show where there would be people going haywire at the sight of a cucumber/pickle.

I...... @-@ a Cucumber? Afraid of a Cucumber? There are people actually afraid of a piece of food? That's unbelievable. I love eating cucumbers. xd

#12 sonnakai

sonnakai

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Playing video games, reading, learning about different cultures/languages, looking good, dancing, writing, being a geek, and of course - obsessing over hot guys.
  • Who I fangirl over:Man harems please me. So, all.

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:26 AM

There's very little that scares me. In fact, I'm probably one of the most composed people I know of... but there is one, fairly irrational fear I have.

Sharks.

I HATE them. I just. BLUH. Whenever I see one, whether it's on TV, in print, whatever - I get the shudders immediately and feel like averting my eyes. Because of this I actually refuse to get in deep water in the ocean (which is sad because I love the ocean), and it's an extremely rare event to find me traveling out to water that goes above my thighs (where I can't see if anything is swimming around). Also, those people who get in cages or even don't use protection to swim with sharks? PSH. You couldn't pay me a million dollars to do that; they're insane!

What's even worse is that I seem to have a morbid fascination with the things. Seriously, if I come across an article about a shark attack or something while I'm browsing online, I cannot avoid going to the page. Even if there's pictures and junk. It scares me half to death, but it's like, "I must learn about my enemy so I can be more prepared." Even though I avoid going out in the middle of the ocean at all costs. XD;

That is pretty funny about the cucumbers though. I mean. What are they going to do? Ferment on you?

#13 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:45 AM

Well, there's a list of fears out there that seems nuts, but some people do have a very real fear of them. Like fear of long words is called Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia.

Lol. Psychologists have a sense of humour.

#14 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Interests:リラちゃん♥poupee girl
  • Who I fangirl over:quirky-voice types

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:46 AM

I think they (psychologists) are more sadistic than humourous. If people who did have Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia tried to find out what the name of their condition was, it'd scare them half to death. XD Poor things.
Posted Image

Confusing with nonsensical verbosity>>>>
DF: ad hoc spazz

#15 Misha

Misha

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:11 PM

Lol, how could anyone ever pronounce that word quickly and accurately?
They better keep it at "phobia of long words" when informing those who suffer from it, rather than telling them they have "Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia".

Posted Image
あなたの背中追おう、の彼方まで
lj otome twit tumblr

#16 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:14 PM

You learn something new everyday, I guess. I wonder who fears the words "supercalifragilisticexpiellidoucious" or however you spell it?

But hey, it'll be good to use in English and your teacher raps you for using one or two syllable words only.

"Sir, I have hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, therefore all my essays are like that."

LOL.

#17 Misha

Misha

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:36 PM

Honestly, I can never write that word.. xD

Speaking of weird phobias, there are people who fear Friday the 13th. Well not the movies, but the day itself as it's considered the day of bad luck lol. The name is paraskavedekatriaphobia.

..another word I can never write without copy-pasting.

Posted Image
あなたの背中追おう、の彼方まで
lj otome twit tumblr

#18 Antique

Antique

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yunoki

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:46 AM

I also have a fear of heights but i don't think its as bad as my fear of lowness... yea im afraid of being too high or being too low like underground in cave, it might be claustrophobia or something... also the fear of the ocean since you don't really know what might be lurking when you go too far... i once saw this baracuda thing in a lake and i think thats where i got the fear from maybe....

#19 Riviera

Riviera

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Shiranui Yozaburō, Sayori, Hatsuhime, Mon-Mon, Kazuya Fuwa, Raki, Takeshi Kuranari, Sora Akanegasaki, Tohsaka Rin, Kohaku

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:11 AM

Planes. I've been on a plane at least 20 times in my life, and while the rational part of me knows darn well that I'm far more likely to die in a flaming car accident, it just doesn't make a dent in that. The second we hit even a bit of turbulence, I grab those arm rests as if letting go would mean my automatic death.

That's my biggest one.

I have lesser phobias of sharp objects and heights. My height phobia is getting better, but I used to be so bad that getting on your average step ladder would freak me out slightly. With the sharp objects I have a bit of a reason behind that, since I sliced a bit off the top of my thumb on a deli slicer and then managed to cut the same thumb while cutting tomatoes one day. This covers bee stings and needles too.

Stuff that I'm not afraid of, but don't like: Frogs. I don't want them near me. I also, for some freaky reason, keep expecting biology models to come to life. To start breathing and open their eyes. I'm not afraid of them, but it has managed to creep me out when I see them. o.O

I'm a lot more wary of the ocean since I saw Jaws.

Now I sound like a huge wimp. -_-;
Anyone who knows where I can get a copy of Kare to Kare no Hazama de ~Twins DX~ (with either international shipping or direct download), please PM me. I would be eternally grateful.

#20 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:44 AM

Oh, you remind me. I've been on planes loads of times too, but sometime last year when I get on a plane I don't exactly freak, but I bring along all sorts of stuff (the cross, my buddha necklace, you get the idea) and pray for safe landing all through the flight.

=.=" Wasn't there a quote somewhere that the only thing you should fear, is fear itself? I think it was from a movie, I can't quite remember.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 My NeoRomance