#61 Lyne9

Lyne9

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:all

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:58 PM

I watched My Name is Kim Sam Soon and Delightful Girl but not Coffee Prince yet. I don't mind light-hearted melo-dramas so long as they end happily, like Save the Last Dance for Me. Amnesias, misunderstanding-- in moderation--, etc are all fine with me but I I agree with you --I dislike the repetitive semi-incurable disease themes which plague a lot of K-dramas. There just so many of them !!!

#62 sparrow

sparrow

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Basically, I love music and I play the piano. I like to hang out with my buddies, read books, meeting people, traveling, church, art, etc.
  • Who I fangirl over:kaji

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:20 AM

At some point, boys over flowers was so popular among my korean friends.lol. I didn't want to see it because I'm not a fan of korean dramas. Eventually, my friend persuaded me.lol. I thought the beginning was good, but it dragged on. It was getting repetitive too and the ending sucked. Overall it was okay, but it wasn't the best.lol. Jihoo is my favorite though:P
~Sparrow~

#63 Maverynthia

Maverynthia

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:JD & Jet; Androids and Artificially created men!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:38 PM

I want to get into Korean dramas more. I used to watch Bright Girl , but people stopped subbing it.

Are there any sci-fi, fantasy style dramas (please no historical fantasy -_- I can't take the Romance of the Three Kingdoms style stuff. I mean D&D style fantasy >.>)
Posted Image

#64 takumi

takumi

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:aoi.

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:22 AM

Hm.. I wasn't a very big fan of Korean dramas myself. And I do watch, a few of them. But I think the mostly I would watch is Korean movies than dramas.
I recently watched a Korean drama titled "Beethoven Virus". Someone people said it same like "Nodame Cantabile", a Japanese drama and manga series. A classics music related drama, and I thought this drama wasn't bad at all. But I gotta say the ending doesn't impressed me at all. XP

Another Korean drama I heard, with all my friends was fangirl-ing about(I don't even find LMH attractive... sorry, for fans who like him...). Boys Over Flower(BOF). I haven't watch it myself, but going to watch it sooner because of my friend's persuade.

Posted Image
ICON

#65 Faery

Faery

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis, Genichirou Sanada , Renji Yanagi, Hanazawa Rui, Yunoki

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:11 AM

I am really a big fan of korean dramas.
As said before, they are sure sometimes too much ( cancer, memory lost , it's always the end of the world for the characters ahah ) but they are passionnated. And i like that ! Because well, in comparision, japanese drama are a bit cold ... ( 10 episodes for a shy kiss ?! )

I think too that korean male actors are very hot. And they play well their role .

Here are so far some K-drama i really loved :

-Boys over flowers
-Full house
-bad love
-winter sonata
-coffee prince

I watched many others but thoses are so far my favorites. Actually i am watching stairway to heaven and i like it a lot. I often try too to watch all the drama where my fav actors played ... For exemple , i really love Kim Sung Soo

Spoiler

Posted Image

#66 kuguinha

kuguinha

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Okita Souji <3

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:53 PM

Im a really fan too. I recommend Boys Before Flowers. I know it's japanese but the korean version in WAYYYY much better.

#67 cah_ngesrep

cah_ngesrep

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:playing games....
  • Who I fangirl over:errr.... xD

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:51 AM

woaa.....i'm a korean drama lover too....
i can't wait to see sung yu ri and ji sung's new drama, swallow the sun....

Posted Image

#68 kyrie

kyrie

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:clavis

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:07 PM

Sorry for the necro but...

Is anyone watching 'Secret Garden'? After a 3 year drought since Dalja's Spring and Coffee Prince, I've finally found a new kdrama to love! It's a fantasy/romantic comedy and the first 4 episodes are really charming and adorable. The leading man is Hyun Bin who was in My Name is Kim Samsoon, and I've got to say I am really impressed with his comic delivery and timing. I was expecting him to be overshadowed by Ha Jiwon (amazing actress btw) but was really pleasantly surprised to see him stealing the show in portraying a not-so-stereotypical cold, rich man who also happens to have a few screws loose in the head.

Anyway, I just want to say that anyone who's starved for romcoms will really enjoy this series. I'm watching it with my parents and my father (who is one of those die-hard action fans who hates romantic comedies) is dying for new episodes XD

#69 Spadey

Spadey

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Hijiri, Moro

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:26 AM

Secret Garden sounds interesting.:3

My favorite k-drama is Stairway to Heaven. Nostalgia goggles might still be on though because that was the first k-drama I watched. VHS times oh boy. I watched a lot in Korea during this summer too. The morning ones are all pretty terrible lol.

Some good movies are 200 Pounds of Beauty and Insadong Scandal. Kim Tak Goo is also super popular and recently ended.

Posted Image
http://spadey.wordpress.com/

#70 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Interests:リラちゃん♥poupee girl
  • Who I fangirl over:quirky-voice types

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:41 AM

@kyrie

As per your recommendation, I've been watching Secret Garden. A friend of mine mentioned it too, so I thought, if 2 people like it then it's more than enough for me to watch. 8D

It's really addictive, and I do like the romance-comedy type dramas so much more than dramatic-sobby ones! Hyun Bin looks so much older (and skinnier!) than when I last saw him in My Name Is Kim Sam Soon... I don't really understand the relationship between him and Gil Ra Im, because it's not conventional and he doesn't really get to the point and say outright what he wants from her. I guess that's the charm in this. XD

The soundtrack's also quite nice! Who really sang Oska's song?
Posted Image

Confusing with nonsensical verbosity>>>>
DF: ad hoc spazz

#71 LenxKaho

LenxKaho

Violin Romance Comittee

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Game.
  • Who I fangirl over:TSUNA. TSUNA. TSUNA. GOD, I JUST WANT TO EAT THE BOY, LITERALLY OR NOT.

Posted 16 December 2010 - 02:11 PM

I am what you say the unique. I, one of few people, who dislike Korean Drama.

Sorry. They're just well...have much cliche plot, and every single of them have the same square love. It annoys me. Much.

and I realize most of them are adapted from Manhwa, and truthfully, I admit the Manhwa have much much better plot, and not really love-square and cliche, wonder how they change when being brought to TV.

I personally much much prefer J-Drama, really. Though, the most I've watched are crack, but I like them better.

CORDA OCTAVE

My Million People of Corda ID is 75971244. Friend me :grin:

#72 Choco

Choco

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:being lazy (OYUS), dancing/violin/arts, and of course, EYE CANDY/bishies.
  • Who I fangirl over:any and all bishies <3

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:48 AM

I am what you say the unique. I, one of few people, who dislike Korean Drama.

Sorry. They're just well...have much cliche plot, and every single of them have the same square love. It annoys me. Much.

and I realize most of them are adapted from Manhwa, and truthfully, I admit the Manhwa have much much better plot, and not really love-square and cliche, wonder how they change when being brought to TV.

I personally much much prefer J-Drama, really. Though, the most I've watched are crack, but I like them better.

YES. Thank you! But Korean drama are good once in a while if you need some somber, dramatic, tragic, love stories. I usually watch one when I feel like I need a serious love drama. But most get repetitive, and frankly, uncreative after a while. But I really love Sungkyunkwan Scandal! I was hooked onto "You're Beautiful" for a while until the drama reached a certain point lol. That and I wanted the main girl to end with one of the supporting male characters instead of the main so I kinda quit haha. I'll finish it someday...

...I mainly watch J-dramas because I feel like the plots are more realistic. Either that or it's more humorous to me. The ones I can't stand are taiwanese drama (even though I'm chinese). The one rare one I did like was My Lucky Star. I apologize if I offend anyone, but omgg I can't stand the fake-ness of the FX effects and etc. Just...no. I'm not saying all of them are like that, but the ones I've seen are (maybe I'm not watching the correct ones). If you have any recommendations to prove me wrong, please go ahead. I really want to like taiwanese drama too since they are the only ones I can understand without needing subs, but really....it's hard to find a good one right now.

Posted Image
Click here for my otome/daily activities blog. C:

#73 LenxKaho

LenxKaho

Violin Romance Comittee

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:TSUNA. TSUNA. TSUNA. GOD, I JUST WANT TO EAT THE BOY, LITERALLY OR NOT.

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:49 PM

The ones I can't stand are taiwanese drama (even though I'm chinese). The one rare one I did like was My Lucky Star. I apologize if I offend anyone, but omgg I can't stand the fake-ness of the FX effects and etc. Just...no. I'm not saying all of them are like that, but the ones I've seen are (maybe I'm not watching the correct ones). If you have any recommendations to prove me wrong, please go ahead. I really want to like taiwanese drama too since they are the only ones I can understand without needing subs, but really....it's hard to find a good one right now.

Hmm... I also can't stand my own country's drama. Seriously, all Indonesian dramas suck.

And I'm ashamed to say, almost all of them are plagiarism. Or even they actually had a decent plot at first, they'll drag it on...like they don't know how to end it, and repeating a cliche all over again.

I rarely watch Taiwanese drama...but there's once when I watch it in a Chinese Station (I forgot the name), but yeah I have to admit, the drama adds to much effects...that uh...I don't know...is it supposed to make it funny? Coz, I find it quite irritating (sorry, no offense) to find such effect on a drama/film. This is not anime or some game afterall...

CORDA OCTAVE

#74 SukunaHikona

SukunaHikona

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, game RPG, action, otome,
  • Who I fangirl over:Kiryuu Zero, Kuran Haruka and Kaname, all the men from heart/clover/joker , Gil from Pandora Hearts, Yoite from Nabari no Ou,

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:00 PM

Hmm... I also can't stand my own country's drama. Seriously, all Indonesian dramas suck.

And I'm ashamed to say, almost all of them are plagiarism. Or even they actually had a decent plot at first, they'll drag it on...like they don't know how to end it, and repeating a cliche all over again.

I rarely watch Taiwanese drama...but there's once when I watch it in a Chinese Station (I forgot the name), but yeah I have to admit, the drama adds to much effects...that uh...I don't know...is it supposed to make it funny? Coz, I find it quite irritating (sorry, no offense) to find such effect on a drama/film. This is not anime or some game afterall...

You are right.... I especially hate it when they made "Buku Harian Nayla" (Nayla's Diary)..... A complete sucks, since it's based on real story.

But sometimes I feel it funny about Korea Drama's booming here. For example, my friends know BBF but didn't know "Hanayori Dango". I rarely watched drama, either it's Korean, Taiwanese or any other country (actually I spend most of my times on laptop that I don't have any times to spare on TV).

#75 LenxKaho

LenxKaho

Violin Romance Comittee

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:45 AM

You are right.... I especially hate it when they made "Buku Harian Nayla" (Nayla's Diary)..... A complete sucks, since it's based on real story.

But sometimes I feel it funny about Korea Drama's booming here. For example, my friends know BBF but didn't know "Hanayori Dango". I rarely watched drama, either it's Korean, Taiwanese or any other country (actually I spend most of my times on laptop that I don't have any times to spare on TV).

Oh, right, that total sucks. And they take pride on that too.... Seriously, what to be proud on COMPLETE PLAGIARISM??? I'm surprised they even dared, considering, Indonesia is poor (just admit it), and have lots of debts (again, just admit it). I wonder what would happen if one day those Korean and Japanese sue them. Oh wonderful!

Lolz yeah. I also didn't watch drama, since I don't have TV... (are you Indonesian? Anyone knows the English of "nge-kos" XD? Anyway, you get the point if you're Indonesian =w="), but I usually I heard my friends and siblings talking about them.

CORDA OCTAVE

#76 SukunaHikona

SukunaHikona

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, game RPG, action, otome,
  • Who I fangirl over:Kiryuu Zero, Kuran Haruka and Kaname, all the men from heart/clover/joker , Gil from Pandora Hearts, Yoite from Nabari no Ou,

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:56 PM

Oh, right, that total sucks. And they take pride on that too.... Seriously, what to be proud on COMPLETE PLAGIARISM??? I'm surprised they even dared, considering, Indonesia is poor (just admit it), and have lots of debts (again, just admit it). I wonder what would happen if one day those Korean and Japanese sue them. Oh wonderful!

Lolz yeah. I also didn't watch drama, since I don't have TV... (are you Indonesian? Anyone knows the English of "nge-kos" XD? Anyway, you get the point if you're Indonesian =w="), but I usually I heard my friends and siblings talking about them.

Yes, I am. And I get your point XD.
BTW, although I rarely watch any drama, there are several Korean Drama that seems to be interesting, like Princess Hour and Daddy Long Legs. My dorm mates watch it, so I knew (Just recently they changed into Bollywood Movie booming, especially after Chayya Chayya boom XD). Sad love song also seems interesting, although I only read the Manhwa.

#77 LenxKaho

LenxKaho

Violin Romance Comittee

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:24 PM

Sad Love Song, for that one, I'll admit its good. I only read the manhwa though, and it's really indeed sad. Daddy Long Legs, I've never watched it but I like the manhwa too.

I don't really like Princess Hours though. I watched it because my friends forced me to, and err...it's very, rather below average...=w=" It actually has a good plot, if only they stick to the manhwa plot and don't make the squared-love cliche all over again.

It's Bollywood? I thought it's Thailand drama which is now kind of booming? lol

CORDA OCTAVE

#78 D3stinyx

D3stinyx

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many; but my favourite from TMGS should be Hariya Kounoshin.

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:40 AM

Secret Garden is amazing! When I first entered this forum, it was the first thing on my mind, to introduce you guys to the drama if you haven't watched it. (I just recently read that the hero's fans gave him a diamond-studded razor or something. Wow.)

It's rare for me to really love a drama, since I find most of the scenes so horribly cliched. Boys Over Flowers was hard to watch. I could not understand the heroine at times. However, it felt great to see those people living in luxury and some of the pretty background scenes taken in Jeju and many more. Unlike most of the viewers, I didn't really appreciate the sudden love blossom between Kim Bum and the girl whose name I've sadly forgotten. It felt so sudden and so forced. I didn't really think they had much chemistry. It felt sweet to watch, given that the girl is sweet-looking and Kim Bum is handsome to a certain extent.

Coffee Prince was great too. I loved it,actually. Eun-hye did a great job in this drama, I think. In the beginning of the drama series, I really loved the character she portrayed. A different kind of girl. Though I felt that the whole 'poverty' thing with her family was kind of exaggerated. Towards the middle of the series, there were many scenes that were so heartwrenching that I cried. Especially the one where the one where Han-keol found out that Eun-chan is actually a female and he started flaring and throwing a temper around and Eun-chan was crying... ;___; Eun-hye was pretty good in Princess Hours too.

Though, has anyone watched You're Beautiful? It wasn't exactly THAT great, but it has its fun moments. I watched the drama for Hong Ki, though. He did pretty good in the entire drama series (which was why his fame sky-rocketed).

Any other good drama recommendations?

Posted Image

どれだけ 歩いてきたんだろう?
振り向いたら涙の跡

傷つけ 傷つき 辿りついた場所
今ここに君がいる

#79 ebi0brain

ebi0brain

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I don't really "fangirl" over anyone at the moment. Maybe that will change.

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

i've recently started watching Kdrama's. They are really different from Japanese drama's. For some reason, Japanese dramas come across as a bit softer? Everything is a little bit more toned down while Korean drama's seems a lot more emotion ( though of course there are exceptions).

Right now I'm in the middle of Marry me Mary, City Hunter and Shut Up: Flower Boy Band (what a nameXD)

I'm really enjoying all of them so far, but I have to say that City Hunter and Shut Up by the ones I really look forward to watching.

City Hunter is so full of cliffhangers though! it's really hard not to watch all of them in one sitting. I love the fight scenes in this.

And Shut Up is just so adorable ^_^, Though I wish they'd focus less on the love stories and a bit more on the band itself.
Sorry for short/slow responses...

RSI sucks lol:p

my stupid blog XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance