#21 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It changes.

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:06 PM

Reminds me of Iguana no Musume a JDrama. My ex made a lot of fuss over it and forced me to watch it. I couldn't bare more than 10 seconds before running away chased by him lol

Oh thank you ~ T.T It's just that it's been bothering me sometimes lol - like I'd be going about stuff and suddenly remember that I used to watch this show of which the ending I have absolutely no idea what happened.

Okay, so this has really nothing to do with Korean dramas. xDDD

#22 Shiratsuki

Shiratsuki

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Location:Anxiously waiting for college application results...which won't come out for another 3 months
  • Interests:I have so many interests! Most of which are related to manga or anime. XD
  • Who I fangirl over:Peter White, Kaji Aoi, Yunoki Azuma *goes on for several hours*

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:02 PM

Eh...I can't really think of any Korean dramas that really made me cry, though Goong made me laugh, mostly because of some of the things that the rivals did. My friend thinks they're a bit too dramatic, well, in her words,
Spoiler

There are some good ones out there though, I just can't think of them right now...I think I prefer the movies since they're shorter and a bit less dramatic.
Talking to yourself is NOT INSANE! I completely don't believe that saying! It's only when you argue and lose the argument that you should start worrying...

Posted Image

Signature and avatar by Ayane~ Thank you!

#23 kyrie

kyrie

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:clavis

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:36 PM

I've been watching kdramas for a long while now~ since like 'Sandglass' days (btw probably the best kdrama ever).

I am more of a fan of the romantic comedy-type kdramas since I've had enough of the leukemia, crying, onoes!ifellinlovewithmybrother type dramas so my faves are My name is Kim Samsoon and Delightful girl Chunhyang. Lately I like the family-oriented dramas too~ watching I'm Happy (행복합니다) and it's really amusing ^^ My mom loves it too lol.

Oh and I see from all these posts that there are a lot of DBSK fans XD Count me in as a DBSK fangirl!

#24 happinessclover

happinessclover

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Not sure

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:06 PM

I love korean dramas! My favourite Korean drama is Stairway to heaven, Save your last dance with me, hwang jini and many more.. I am really a great korean drama fan.. haha.. yes! i watched over the raindow, 200 pounds beauty, delightful girl chun hyang and goong.. They are really great! I recommend NEW HEART! very nice..

#25 Megumeru

Megumeru

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:too many, can't keep track!!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:36 PM

I love watching Korean dramas. Ones like Goong and Delightful Girl Chunhyang are really fun to watch. ^^ But the weepy dramas with lots of drama and crying are just simply much to dramatic for me. That's why sometimes I prefer watching Taiwanese or Japanese dramas. Although sometimes the acting in Taiwanese dramas is a little........exaggerated

#26 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Interests:リラちゃん♥poupee girl
  • Who I fangirl over:quirky-voice types

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:21 AM

I love watching Korean dramas. Ones like Goong and Delightful Girl Chunhyang are really fun to watch. ^^ But the weepy dramas with lots of drama and crying are just simply much to dramatic for me. That's why sometimes I prefer watching Taiwanese or Japanese dramas. Although sometimes the acting in Taiwanese dramas is a little........exaggerated

Comedy/Romance Korean dramas are much nicer and more entertaining that weepy Autumn In My Heart-eqsue ones, I agree. But I think they're still better than Taiwanese dramas though, because not only is the acting VERY exaggerated, it doesn't serve any purpose either.
Posted Image

Confusing with nonsensical verbosity>>>>
DF: ad hoc spazz

#27 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:49 AM

Comedy/Romance Korean dramas are much nicer and more entertaining that weepy Autumn In My Heart-eqsue ones, I agree. But I think they're still better than Taiwanese dramas though, because not only is the acting VERY exaggerated, it doesn't serve any purpose either.

Lol, I think the purpose they serve is to give people whooping bishieness (although sometimes I think the Taiwanese television industry's idea of bishieness and my idea of bishieness is different).

As for Korean drama bishies . . . I find that all the ones I like all have to go off for national service or something T.T (Sorry, I Love You male protagonist, for one. But I think he's coming back, or came back already xDDD)

#28 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:00 AM

Lol, I think the purpose they serve is to give people whooping bishieness (although sometimes I think the Taiwanese television industry's idea of bishieness and my idea of bishieness is different).

As for Korean drama bishies . . . I find that all the ones I like all have to go off for national service or something T.T (Sorry, I Love You male protagonist, for one. But I think he's coming back, or came back already xDDD)

(I think that the Taiwanese idea of 'bishie' and mine clashes too. I don't find Taiwanese actors/singers/others very attractive... but then again, I've long given up on real/flesh-and-blood 'bishies'. XD)

Korean male actors, they have a certain ruggedness to them that you don't find in Japanese (well, not very much)/HK/Taiwanese actors. Or maybe it's just the cigarettes and stubble.
Posted Image

#29 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:09 PM

(I think that the Taiwanese idea of 'bishie' and mine clashes too. I don't find Taiwanese actors/singers/others very attractive... but then again, I've long given up on real/flesh-and-blood 'bishies'. XD)

Korean male actors, they have a certain ruggedness to them that you don't find in Japanese (well, not very much)/HK/Taiwanese actors. Or maybe it's just the cigarettes and stubble.

Ah, don't say that about giving up on real bishies! That makes me feel sad for the world LOL. I live in hope that if bishoujos exist in real life, so do bishonens *hopes*

Korean guys churn out the pretty bishiness to the highest degree too (think Lee Jun Ki or those Super Junior types). Not my type, most of them, but my Korean hallyuu wave friends think they're the cat's whiskers or the bee's knees.

#30 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:15 AM

Ah, don't say that about giving up on real bishies! That makes me feel sad for the world LOL. I live in hope that if bishoujos exist in real life, so do bishonens *hopes*

Korean guys churn out the pretty bishiness to the highest degree too (think Lee Jun Ki or those Super Junior types). Not my type, most of them, but my Korean hallyuu wave friends think they're the cat's whiskers or the bee's knees.

Aw, I have long given up. No one can have perfect skin, and to me, perfect skin is the epitome of bishoujo/bishounen-ness. XD I guess the cameras/photoshop makes it theoretically possible for K-drama stars/other celebrities to have perfect skin on paper, though. Somehow SuJu & the Johnny groups, for all their effort, just come off to me as mere shadows of real bishies (not that I don't like them. I like Tegomass, in fact, but mostly for their Kiss Kaerimichi Song though).

A couple of years ago the Korean wave as quite the rage, but I think it's been dying lately. I don't hear about the latest K dramas as often as I used to. Or it might've been the national exams last year that made everyone go off a bit.

And wow, 'bee's knees'/'cat's whiskers'. I've never heard of those phrases before. Checked it up though, so now I understand. =)
Posted Image

#31 zcbml

zcbml

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Hisui, Abe no Yasutsugu

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:09 PM

I so agree with the romantic comedy korean drama better than sad ones!! I love funny ones, I can't stand the sad ones. The sad ones just cry and cry so much and they make me soooo depressed! I love FULL HOUSE! its funny and great. THe other ones mentioned by others are also very good.

a lot of Taiwanese dramas are not very good, the acting is sort of fake and the story gets pretty boring. But there are some good ones, like "It started with a Kiss" was really good, especially the beginning, later on was a little drag but it was a great drama anyone. The sequal,, well not so good. :smile:
~ Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything.

~ Kurt Vonnegut

~ 色は臭へど 散りぬるを 

我が世誰そ 常ならむ 
有為の奥山 今日越えて 
浅き夢みし 酔ひもせず

Posted Image

#32 Antique

Antique

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yunoki

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:02 AM

My family's korean so watching korean dramas during the weekends is a regular thing for us....
My favorite dramas so far are
Stairway to heaven (this ones a tear-jerker but totally worth it)
Goong
Coffee Prince
and im watching a pretty long drama called The First Wives Club witch is still going on today but its pretty darn good

#33 nyx

nyx

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kahoko...?

Posted 17 August 2008 - 03:02 PM

i like k dramas especially now i've finish watching dalja's spring and i'm still searching for some good stuff out there... i already watch coffee prince and full house and etc...too many to mention
Aide-toi et le Ciel t'aidera

#34 happinessclover

happinessclover

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Not sure

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:53 PM

i am now watching pure 19.. hehe.. long series of 160 plus.. haha.. it was okay. I prefer be strong guem soon. Korean have nice family series.. worth watching. Another family series i will like to recommend is strange women strange men.. haha. korean family series are normally long, a lot of episodes. but it shows alot of things. like different types of love for one another.. :smile:

#35 zcbml

zcbml

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Hisui, Abe no Yasutsugu

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:06 AM

Actually I have never actually watched a long korean drama, except for Jewel in the Palace which I loved!! I usually stick with the short ones aroung 16 episode.
~ Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything.

~ Kurt Vonnegut

~ 色は臭へど 散りぬるを 

我が世誰そ 常ならむ 
有為の奥山 今日越えて 
浅き夢みし 酔ひもせず

Posted Image

#36 Lyne9

Lyne9

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:all

Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:59 PM

Me too! I usually watch the shorter ones-- short and sweet. The longer ones tend to drag too much and being K-dramas, they often get too sappy and annoying for me (Jewel in the Palace - Dae Jang Geum is an exception :-) ) I am currently watching "Only You" as part of my cflass. Exactly 16 episodes ^_^!

#37 bler.inky08

bler.inky08

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tsukimori Len, Hihara Kazuki, Shimizu-kun, The Jonas Brothers, Anduo Tsubasa and others

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:41 AM

I love korean dramas...
me and my mom watch koreanovelas in our free times...
like:
You Are My Destiny, Endless Love 1 or Beautiful Days XD

#38 Rinai

Rinai

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:.

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:38 PM

I think the only LONG Korean dramas I have watched were Golden Bride and Rainbow Romance, which are each 50+ episodes in length. I love the ones that are around 20 or so episodes since it's not that hard to get through them, and they're short and sweet <3 Hong Gil Dong was so amazingly good, Iljimae felt like a rip off of it, but I still enjoyed it, and if we can add Korean movies in there- DoReMiFaSoLaSiDo. Most touching movie EVER, I'd recommend it to every one <3

Posted Image

#39 anonymous

anonymous

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:??...but there are so many to fangirl over..

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:55 PM

*has watched other dramas*

i don't know which is korean anymore, since they translate it to english in our country.
i love other countries' dramas though.
they're so romantic and whatnot.

Posted Image
Sorry Sorry, Super Junior.. <3 clickiez the sig

#40 kandyse

kandyse

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Hachiyous, stella quintet, kaname, ichijou, shiki

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:13 PM

Hm... i have watched quite a few like goong, goong s, witch yoo hee, my girl. thats all i can remember for now. haha x_x one bad thing about waking up too early in the morning.

i really like my girl alot. it's like my favourite followed by the goong series! <3
SOB (save our bishies)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance