• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 obsessedwjpn

obsessedwjpn

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Otome games, anime, manga, video games, AKB48, TVXQ, Morning Musume, Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Obsidian Trilogy, Sam & Max...
  • Who I fangirl over:Changmin from TVXQ, hot man, with a beautiful voice

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:04 AM

Alright everyone, I noticed that there are other topics relating to single Korean dramas, so I thought I would start a bigger one where we could all just share how many tissue boxes we have gone through watching Korean dramas. I know I have gone through a lot: especially on Goong, Delightful Girl Choon-hyang, and My Pretty Girl Sam-Soon.

In my opinion Korean dramas are the best of all Asian dramas. I have seen some Chinese dramas and a few Japanese dramas so I may be basing this on little knowledge, in fact I encourage any of you who have seen other Chinese/Japanese ones that are good to PM me about them, but so far I just LOVE Korean dramas. Let's share our love of Korean dramas and the Korean actors in them >.> hehe

#2 aznkeo

aznkeo

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:34 AM

I have to say Korean dramas are really good, and I totally agree with you being the best. But xD Sometimes Korean dramas get way too dramatic for me so I love watching Chinese or Taiwan dramas. As far as Japanese dramas go, I have to say I'm not a fan of any of them. Unless you talk about movies.

Hmm Korean actors...let's see I obsess over a lot of hot korean men, and I'm so going to the Hollywood Bowl next year >D damnit my lovely Yunho was there earlier this year.

Ahh back to topic, I have to say I do love Lee Wan a lot, as well as the actor from Stairway to Heaven. Same goes for the main guy in Millionaire's First love, Snow Queen, or well My Pretty Girl Sam-Soon.

@_@ aiya, I've seen waaaaaaay too many asian dramas/movies when it comes to especially Korean, Chinese, and Taiwan stuff.

Posted Image
Hihara Senpai needs moar L O V E
Otome Blog - White Butterfly and I'm Selling Stuff here~

#3 obsessedwjpn

obsessedwjpn

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Otome games, anime, manga, video games, AKB48, TVXQ, Morning Musume, Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Obsidian Trilogy, Sam & Max...

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:48 AM

I have to say Korean dramas are really good, and I totally agree with you being the best. But xD Sometimes Korean dramas get way too dramatic for me so I love watching Chinese or Taiwan dramas. As far as Japanese dramas go, I have to say I'm not a fan of any of them. Unless you talk about movies.

Hmm Korean actors...let's see I obsess over a lot of hot korean men, and I'm so going to the Hollywood Bowl next year >D damnit my lovely Yunho was there earlier this year.

Ahh back to topic, I have to say I do love Lee Wan a lot, as well as the actor from Stairway to Heaven. Same goes for the main guy in Millionaire's First love, Snow Queen, or well My Pretty Girl Sam-Soon.

@_@ aiya, I've seen waaaaaaay too many asian dramas/movies when it comes to especially Korean, Chinese, and Taiwan stuff.

OH MY GOSH! Are you a fan of TVXQ? I see that you mentioned Yunho!!! I am a total Changmin fan! I have like so many of their concert videos but I too wanted SOOO to go to the Hollywood Bowl!!! :grin:

And I totally agree with your Korean actor selections. I too have many that I like, it's hard to choose lol. I agree with you about Japanese dramas and also the fact that Korean dramas are a little TOO dramatic at times. Chinese/Taiwanese dramas are more laid back at times and allow for me to watch fewer episodes too lol.

#4 aznkeo

aznkeo

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:58 AM

xD Yep I'm a die-hard Yunho fan, or DBSK fan. Got his my DBSK and Yunho light stick ready to bring if they come this year. lol and I have all their CDs, Concerts, tote, and tons of posters of them (er mainly Yunho) I have to say that I'm disappointed they're doing so much in Japan now though >.< .....although that means I can get all the Japanese mags that they get in...which means free posters too xD;;

There hasn't really been a Japanese drama I actually watched through the entire series. >> I don't know, maybe it's because I just don't really care for their choice of male lead actors while the female lead is usually cute...while I think the male lead...is not? xD Yea although I have to admit that Chinese Dramas are pretty good @_@ especially the period ones, I die over those.

Taiwan dramas, are laid back and much cuter sweet. And usually most of the time you know it's not going to have some huge dramatic thing happen.

Posted Image

#5 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Location:wondering how she could be attracted to a 3000 yr old bishie
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:31 AM

I am not really a fan of the korean dramas also because that it is so dramatic, this person always try to b*tch over that one, and love this, love that....

I am surprised no one here really like Japanese dramas...o_O
I recommend the NHK ones though, eg. the historical ones about Shinsengumi, Minamoto no Yoshitsune, Oo-ouku. All the historic ones are REALLY REALLY good.
I couldnt stop crying watching the shinsengumi ones, but its not because it was being dramatic and trying to win tears from their audiences.

but if you guys want good present day ones, there is a good one called Naomi, and another one called Jyoui (female doctors)

But maybe I am just not a love drama person, I prefer to watch ones about history or people learning to survive to things in life? XD;;

Taiwanese dramas...hmm...cant stand it. The actings are so poor its hard to keep watching.

but then again, this thread is about Korean dramas, dont mind me XD
<--just felt she needed to defend Japanese drama
Posted Image
avvy and siggy featuring Gackt Kamui, the hawt 40 year old =w=
thank you yori for making the set for me :"D

Posted Image
Help keeping MNR alive by buying your otome goodies through here.

#6 obsessedwjpn

obsessedwjpn

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Otome games, anime, manga, video games, AKB48, TVXQ, Morning Musume, Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Obsidian Trilogy, Sam &amp; Max...

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:47 AM

I am not really a fan of the korean dramas also because that it is so dramatic, this person always try to b*tch over that one, and love this, love that....

I am surprised no one here really like Japanese dramas...o_O
I recommend the NHK ones though, eg. the historical ones about Shinsengumi, Minamoto no Yoshitsune, Oo-ouku. All the historic ones are REALLY REALLY good.
I couldnt stop crying watching the shinsengumi ones, but its not because it was being dramatic and trying to win tears from their audiences.

but if you guys want good present day ones, there is a good one called Naomi, and another one called Jyoui (female doctors)

But maybe I am just not a love drama person, I prefer to watch ones about history or people learning to survive to things in life? XD;;

Taiwanese dramas...hmm...cant stand it. The actings are so poor its hard to keep watching.

but then again, this thread is about Korean dramas, dont mind me XD
<--just felt she needed to defend Japanese drama

Totally understandable. Hey, I haven't watched enough Japanese dramas yet to totally rule them out. I will try those ones you recommended. I agree that some Korean dramas are really awful and annoying, it's probably similar to Japanese dramas, you just have to watch the right one.

There is this one Korean drama I am starting to watch called Friends it was made in 2002. It looks as if it could be interesting and no, it does in no way have anything to do with the American TV show by the same name. Actually kaho you might like it because it involves a relationship between a Japanese person and a Korean person and is filmed in both countries. Very interesting.

And yes, DBSK, or as I call them TVXQ, totally rock. We should go together aznkeo! lol

#7 Moe

Moe

ばか猫

• Hachiyo
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping... Like seriously...
  • Who I fangirl over:The guy from that game!!

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:54 AM

Me personally like japanese drama more because a simple reason there's only couple episode to watch for lolol...

Anyway about korean drama... I had my share of them... I dunno if it's just me but the ones I'm watching is always a tear jerker or the heroine or the hero in the end of the story just go and die and left me speechless... I could only grumble afterwards about watching drama with many episodes just to see the main protagonist dying.... XDDDD

Anyway one of korean drama that I like is jewel in the place (Daeng Jang Geum) and probably Princess hour.

And I have watch friends... It's irritating the way their timing wasn't perfect... The reason I watch it because of Won Bin... yeah I'm not really fan of Kyoko Fukada

Btw I had a hard time remembering the name korean actress or actor XDDD

Posted ImagePosted Image

MNR otome game Love blossom Extended, the hidden truth!

Spoiler

Love blossom walkthrough if you ever need it
Videogames ruined my life... Thank God I'm a katz so I have lives to spare

Posted Image
HAPPY 6TH ANNIVERSARY MNR

#8 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It changes.

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:10 AM

I don't watch much Korean dramas myself, but I do have a friend who does - and drones on and on about Rain and Super Junior every time I see her.

Me: "It looks like it's going to rain soon." (to another girl)
Her :" OMG are you guys talking about Rain? He's so hot, cool, *insert complimentary words here*"
Me: =.="

Apparently she's watched Full House (did I get this right?) five or six times >.<

So far the one I've cried over loads is Sorry, I Love You . . . and that's pretty much it. Lol. Too much drama - as for favorites, I take Hong Kong dramas any day xD

#9 obsessedwjpn

obsessedwjpn

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Otome games, anime, manga, video games, AKB48, TVXQ, Morning Musume, Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Obsidian Trilogy, Sam &amp; Max...

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:27 AM

I don't watch much Korean dramas myself, but I do have a friend who does - and drones on and on about Rain and Super Junior every time I see her.

Her :" OMG are you guys talking about Rain? He's so hot, cool, *insert complimentary words here*"

Apparently she's watched Full House (did I get this right?) five or six times >.<

So far the one I've cried over loads is Sorry, I Love You . . . and that's pretty much it. Lol. Too much drama - as for favorites, I take Hong Kong dramas any day xD

haha yep you got the Full House reference right. That drama was alright. Rain, in my opinion, is not the best actor but he is very good-looking, thus why so many girls love him, lol.

I can totally understand the part about having a friend who is very into a particular topic. So yeah, lol. I am the same way about TVXQ/DBSK as your friend is about Rain.

#10 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Interests:リラちゃん♥poupee girl
  • Who I fangirl over:quirky-voice types

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:06 AM

Hmm, well I'll have to say that I like Hong Kong dramas better than Korean dramas, but I feel that Korean dramas are more interesting that Japanese/Taiwanese/Mainland Chinese/Other dramas.

Lately though, I've come to realise that Korean dramas are, in MOST (most, not all) cases, made up of the elements of:

1. Hospital scenes/Sickness of a person
2. Crying
3. Gang/Random fights
4. Subordination of women to men

Point 4 irritates me so, because I mostly see women in Kdramas cooking, cleaning, and being a maid to the men, who don't help out with the housework at home. I can't remember the titles of dramas that include this, mainly because I usually watch the dubbed Chinese versions on free-to-air TV (in Singapore, that is what they do -_-, even for HK dramas), and it's been half a year since I've stopped doing so (don't have these sorts of things in AUS).
Posted Image

Confusing with nonsensical verbosity>>>>
DF: ad hoc spazz

#11 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Location:wondering how she could be attracted to a 3000 yr old bishie
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:21 PM

Anyway one of korean drama that I like is jewel in the place (Daeng Jang Geum) and probably Princess hour.

oh! That is the only Korean drama I managed to watch from beginning til the end while complaining at the same time XDDD

Dont you think it was so stupid that...
Spoiler

yeah, me ebil >D
Posted Image
avvy and siggy featuring Gackt Kamui, the hawt 40 year old =w=
thank you yori for making the set for me :"D

Posted Image
Help keeping MNR alive by buying your otome goodies through here.

#12 Moe

Moe

ばか猫

• Hachiyo
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:39 PM

oh! That is the only Korean drama I managed to watch from beginning til the end while complaining at the same time XDDD

Dont you think it was so stupid that...

Spoiler

yeah, me ebil >D

Lolol yeah Jang Geum are too nice and really play by the book... can anyone be that good? ="=

Spoiler

But it's really interesting on how the story from food evolves to medical related stuff...

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Posted Image

#13 lilinnocence

lilinnocence

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, games, reading, writing, RPing etc.
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many. Way too many.

Posted 29 July 2008 - 01:10 PM

Unlike the majority of everyone. I'm probably the minority who has no one to talk to about Asian dramas (much) but then again I'm kinda new to the fandom.

About Rain, ahaha...
The closest thing to any of my friends talking about him is about his appearance on the Colbert Report. *danceoff* >D

I don't think he's good looking though. My sister and me think his face doesn't fit that muscular build of his. I couldn't watch through one episode of Full House because it confused/bored me.

:]

Okay now I'll go all *squee* over Korean Dramas. Goong is probably my one of my favourites right now. I need to add more into my drama collection. I only got a sudden giant collection of them over a period of 2 weeks so I've liked Kdramas for a while but been all squee since my collection growth.

I love HK dramas (Particularly older ones) because of the comedy (and-the-fact-that-I-can-understand-it-without-subtitles. I've grown up watching them and I still love them.

Personally I think that Korean dramas are better than Japanese/Tai/Mainland China's dramas. I do like a few Japanese like One Litre of Tears + Hana Yori Dango but I think I like how the Korean ones develop more(?)

OFF TOPIC-ish ;P
DBSK = <3 But I haven't listened to their music as much recently. More Big Bang!

Ah have any of the DBSK people done any dramas btw.? I think they have I just dunno what. :S

#14 obsessedwjpn

obsessedwjpn

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:44 PM

Ah have any of the DBSK people done any dramas btw.? I think they have I just dunno what. :S

Actually all the members of DBSK did their own drama called Vacation, which, although not the greatest, is kind of funny. It talks about how each of them spent some vacation time they got in between concerts.

Also, I totally agree that Korean dramas have a lot of hospital scenes and crying. However, the Korean dramas I have watched don't have that much subordination of women, maybe just certain ones do. Most of the ones I have watched, the women kick the men's butts lol.

And Goong rocks, love it.

#15 aznkeo

aznkeo

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:55 PM

Wah I love Big Bang too. xP I hope they go to the Hollywood Bowl too.

DBSK's Vacation is sorta "eh" to be honest. I perfer their Banjun dramas a loooooot more, since I found them to be a whole lot more fun and everything. xD That and they're totally hilarious. So I'd suggest you see those instead of their Vacation.

lol now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen any just one Korean drama that doesn't have them in a hospital for just the teeniest thing. (Like a weird cold or something)

As for Goong...I have to admit I went crazy over it, bought the whole set and CDs, heck even played the piano score for Perhaps Love. But when I look back, it was sort of ...really stupid at some parts.

Posted Image

#16 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It changes.

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:08 PM

I have a question that may or may not be in relation to Korean dramas, but I'll give it a try anyway.

Spoiler

Oh yes, Korean dramas have a lot of hospital scenes. I didn't watch Stairway to Heaven because of that, and because the plot sounded oddly familiar.

Oh, I just remembered another one I watched. My Girl - Lee Jun Ki! xDDD The closest I ever got to fangirling over a Korean actor - he's just so. Pretty. o.0

I hope to get around to watching 200 Pounds Beauty soon - I have the DVD but I'm always distracted by something =.=" I heard it was a nice movie.

#17 silverchopstix

silverchopstix

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tsukimori Len

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:15 PM

I like Korean movies more than korean dramas. Korean dramas tend to be really draggy. But I do have favorites: Delightful Girl Choon-hyang and Over the Rainbow!

#18 Moe

Moe

ばか猫

• Hachiyo
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:07 AM

I have a question that may or may not be in relation to Korean dramas, but I'll give it a try anyway.

Spoiler

Lol the only thing I know about a snake falls in love with human and married him is "The legend of white snake"

But I thought that in the story she had a son and not 2 daughters...

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Posted Image

#19 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Interests:リラちゃん♥poupee girl
  • Who I fangirl over:quirky-voice types

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:12 AM

I've watched 200 Pounds Beauty (although the title irritates me so <_<), and thought it was quite nicely done. I almost cried at the sad parts (shan't spoil you now), but since I am staunchly against crying while watching movies (for no particular reason), I held back.

Some parts were quite cliche though, but I still enjoyed the movie very much.
Posted Image

Confusing with nonsensical verbosity>>>>
DF: ad hoc spazz

#20 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Seems I reached the point where they are too many ...

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:19 AM

Spoiler

Reminds me of Iguana no Musume a JDrama. My ex made a lot of fuss over it and forced me to watch it. I couldn't bare more than 10 seconds before running away chased by him lol

Support your bishie, join today the Save Our Bishies (SOB).

And while you're at it, Save Our Seiyuu (SOS).

Posted Image

Selling some goods and I accept offers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance