chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Interests:リラちゃん♥poupee girl
  • Who I fangirl over:quirky-voice types

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:08 AM

I've just recently realised that D3 has been releasing budget otome games as part of their Simple 2000 series.

Like Vol 123 The Office Love Jikenbou - Reijou Tantei

which has Midorikawa Hikaru! !!

and Vol. 122: The Ningyo Hime Monogatari - Mermaid Prism

I think they also released a budget version of Kimagure Strawberry Cafe a few years ago.
I was wondering, are these games downsized versions of 'full' otome games (like Kimagure Strawberry Cafe), or is there a special section in D3 that specially produces these budget games?

The prices are cheap in comparison, and very attractive, but do the games measure up to 'full-sized' otome games?
Posted Image

Confusing with nonsensical verbosity>>>>
DF: ad hoc spazz

#2 RuthLovesKurama

RuthLovesKurama

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:Kurama. Anime, Manga, Bishounens, video games, writing, Drawing, Art, Sleeping, eating..
  • Who I fangirl over:Kurama, Yunoki, Eisen, ok basically all bishies.

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:04 AM

I think, they are just 'best of 'series, like other companies does. To my understanding(which is very limited Japanese) they are the full size games.

I have Mermaid Prism, budget edition.

So, Reijou Tantei is now budget edition, huh. I'll have to get it. Maybe, if I wait long enough the rest of them will be budget edition. Dear my Sun!! :D Maybe.

#3 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:49 AM

OOh, I hope Dear My Sun comes out with a budget version! I've always wanted to play it, but the SGD90+++ price kept me off.

Thanks for your help, I never realised that the 'best of' discs were budgets. XD

The budget Kimagure Strawberry Cafe is very enticing, I hope to play it some day.
Posted Image

#4 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Seems I reached the point where they are too many ...

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:03 PM

Yes, each company calls them in a different way, but the concept it's the same: games at cheaper prices XD
You get no goodies or whatever, just the game and the booklet, and the cover will have some stick or phrase to make clear it's the cheaper edition.

It's also worth to keep an eye to the online shops, sometimes they make special crazy sales to get rid of what they have in stock.

Support your bishie, join today the Save Our Bishies (SOB).

And while you're at it, Save Our Seiyuu (SOS).

Posted Image

Selling some goods and I accept offers

#5 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:13 PM

Do they cut some scenes/ shave off certain voiced parts/ remove certain game-play elements in order to cut costs?
I suspect they do so...
Posted Image

#6 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:18 PM

Nope, it really is the same game :D That's where the good thing comes. The downside is: if you want it cheaper, you have to wait. So while everyone plays and enjoy it, you stay there and wait.

Moreover, if you buy it cheaper, you support less the company. So yeah, it's up to each person to decide what to do.

Posted Image

#7 RuthLovesKurama

RuthLovesKurama

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:Kurama. Anime, Manga, Bishounens, video games, writing, Drawing, Art, Sleeping, eating..

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:02 PM

Sometimes alot of us don't have a bunch of money to buy when it first comes out and has to wait for the game to come down to a price they can afford. I know, I'm one of them. I wish I could buy, Dear my Sun now or the many others they have but they are quite high, and I just don't have the money for it, so I wait until they come down. I got Mermaid Prism for over $20 at jgamers.com . They might have some of the Simple 2000, there. I'm looking for, Reijou Tantei right now and see how much it is, and if they have it in. They are reasonable. They do have it for 20.99. That's a good deal, I think. T_T I'll have to save up to get it, and other one, soon.
I looked for Kimagure Strawberry Cafe, but they didn't have it in. T_T

#8 Faery

Faery

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis, Genichirou Sanada , Renji Yanagi, Hanazawa Rui, Yunoki

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:12 PM

Talking of mermaid prism, is this game worth it ? i am wondering about buying it ...

Plus for talking of my case, budget price are really ok for those like me who have many games to buy ( otome + rpg etc ...) I just rush on games and can't wait to have them when it comes to titles like angelique or haruka ;)
Posted Image

#9 Lyne9

Lyne9

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:all

Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:36 PM

I have also been wondering about this for awhile but have never thought to ask. I have seen "Bargain" editions on sale at online stores. The price of these are definitely only a fraction of the regular/specials! So, even though I know that they are from the game companies but cause the price discrepancy was too great, I too thought they must be lacking in some features and thus bought the more expensive ones :roll: . '

Thanks for the info.

#10 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:21 PM

Sometimes alot of us don't have a bunch of money to buy when it first comes out and has to wait for the game to come down to a price they can afford. I know, I'm one of them.

And I'm one of them too.

Sorry if I gave a wrong impression, I was trying to list other pro/cons outside the money problem ^^; I have my fair list of games I'm waiting to go at a cheaper price...

Posted Image

#11 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Location:wondering how she could be attracted to a 3000 yr old bishie
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:32 PM

there is actually really a budget series called simple 2000 released by D3. I bought one of those when they were released, it was called, "Garasu no mori"

Yeah, it was full voiced, but because it is a budget simple series that is only 2000 yen per piece, the story was short and not very exciting. Nevertheless, i enjoyed it because it was one of the earliest otome games around. XD

But nowadays, that quality wont be able to compare.
Posted Image
avvy and siggy featuring Gackt Kamui, the hawt 40 year old =w=
thank you yori for making the set for me :"D

Posted Image
Help keeping MNR alive by buying your otome goodies through here.

#12 RuthLovesKurama

RuthLovesKurama

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:42 AM

And I'm one of them too.

Sorry if I gave a wrong impression, I was trying to list other pro/cons outside the money problem ^^; I have my fair list of games I'm waiting to go at a cheaper price...

Oh, it's ok. ^^

there is actually really a budget series called simple 2000 released by D3. I bought one of those when they were released, it was called, "Garasu no mori"

Yeah, it was full voiced, but because it is a budget simple series that is only 2000 yen per piece, the story was short and not very exciting. Nevertheless, i enjoyed it because it was one of the earliest otome games around. XD

But nowadays, that quality wont be able to compare.

I tired looking for that game myself. Forest of glass, right? I never found it. :( It was their very first Otome game, and I wanted to play it. I heard it wasn't that good, but I still wanted it. >.<

#13 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:48 AM

Ah, it's good that they don't cut the features. I thought they did, or adjusted the game such that it wasn't full-voice (if the original game was full-voice).

This encourages me to buy the cheaper ones now. =)))) I don't mind waiting, since I still have not finished TMGS 1st Love and 2nd Season.

This means I can buy more games now, since 2 or 3 budget games = 1 non-budget game
This thought cheers me up greatly. :grin:
Posted Image

#14 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:13 PM

or you can always buy the 2nd hand games off me for cheap price XD

I am going to start off my otome game sell out soon to clear more space on the shelf.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:19 PM

Ah, that sounds very attractive. The problem is, I don't have a credit card/paypal, so my dad'll do the ordering, and he discourages buying 2nd hand items.

Oh well. There is hope for me in the D3 Simple and Koei the Best Series.

I would like to ask another question. I found these Haruka naru 3 games on Playasia. What is the difference between them?

Harukanaru Jikuu no Kade 3: Izayoiki (Koei the Best)
Harukanaru Jikuu no Kade 3 (Koei the Best)
Harukanaru Jikuu no Kade 3: Unmei no Meikyuu (Koei the Best)

and also,

What is the difference between

Neo Angelique Full Voice and
Neo Angelique (Koei the Best) ?

Sorry for asking so many questions. -_-
Posted Image

#16 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:26 PM

@Kaho: by all means drop me a line when you do XD But I bet it will be like Haruka 4: waking up and discover that not only you put it on sale, but already sold it TAT

@chemistry: eh, I'm against 2nd hand as well, but I know Kaho and I bet her games are like new XD

For your questions:
Haruka3 is the base game. Izayoiki and Meikyuu are fandisks to the base game. You should check their threads for more info.

NeoAnge the best is the budget version of the original NeoAnge (not full voice). NeoAnge full voice is the original game but this time full voiced.

Posted Image

#17 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:39 PM

yes, I am a freak and keeps my games looking like brand new XD
no folds no marks, still shinning like gold~ 8D

I will take pictures of the games I will be selling tonight and will update it on the otaku sellout thread if anyone is interested. ^^

chemistry:

doent paypal link to your bank account as well as credit card? So you dont need a credit card to open an account. Besides, I think nowadays it would be hard to purchase anything internationally if you dont have a paypal account.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 sonnakai

sonnakai

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Playing video games, reading, learning about different cultures/languages, looking good, dancing, writing, being a geek, and of course - obsessing over hot guys.
  • Who I fangirl over:Man harems please me. So, all.

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:25 AM

Talking of mermaid prism, is this game worth it ? i am wondering about buying it ...

Plus for talking of my case, budget price are really ok for those like me who have many games to buy ( otome + rpg etc ...) I just rush on games and can't wait to have them when it comes to titles like angelique or haruka ;)

I like Mermaid Prism quite a bit. I didn't get too far into the game because a week or so after I began I ended up having to deal with a lot of schoolwork and then I didn't get around to restarting it, but I'm a sucker for pretty art and the character designs are really attractive. The story is quite interesting, and while there aren't a ton of mini games there's a pretty in depth stat leveling process you have to go through which makes up your day-to-day work. If I remember right you have to travel to different areas to train in each category, but it's not difficult in that respect, just hard in knowing what each guy likes the most. I'd say it'd worth buying, yes. : D

Back on topic - I didn't even realize budget otome games existed! Unfortunately for me I tend to be the type that likes all the extra goodies that come with special editions (AKA a gullible sap that falls for marketing ploys), which aren't exactly easy on my wallet... but getting a few cheap games every now and then sounds like a great deal!

And Kaho, I'm also like that with my games. I will absolutely flip out if anyone is looking at my stuff and tries to fold one of the booklets or such. Friends have learned to treat my precious bishies like fragile glass. XD

#19 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:19 AM

litewolf:

Hmm, there's a 5SGD difference on Playasia between Neoangelique Full Voice and Koei the Best, so what does the Full Voice have that Koei the Best doesn't to warrant the price difference? Or is it just arbitrary?

kaho:

I didn't know that! XDDDD Paypal is a strange beast.
Posted Image

#20 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:21 AM

litewolf:

Hmm, there's a 5SGD difference on Playasia between Neoangelique Full Voice and Koei the Best, so what does the Full Voice have that Koei the Best doesn't to warrant the price difference? Or is it just arbitrary?

That the Full Voice is...well, Full Voice and was released a couple of month ago. As I said, the Koei the Best isn't Full voiced and was released (I think) a couple of years ago.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance