Rinai

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:.

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:20 AM

Oh then it should get good soon :)
It's one of those games you have to be patient with, I guess. I played it well past that until I started to really love it.

Albel, obnoxious? I didn't really find him to be annoying, he's actually my favorite character. Then again I haven't heard his english voice so... XD Who knows they may have butchered him in the US release.

Posted Image

#42 Kairi

Kairi

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:drawing, reading mangas, hanging out wiht friends and playing games XDDD
  • Who I fangirl over:there are maaaaany XDD

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:00 PM

i played it,too!! that game was soo cool...the system was very good and there were so many charas to play

my favorite chara was maria! she was so cool with her gun XDD

square enix has publishd many games and all the games was very good, like all final fantasy games, valkyrie profile, kingdom hearts and now soon star ocean 4 will be publish...can't wait for it XDDD

Posted Image

#43 anonymous

anonymous

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:??...but there are so many to fangirl over..

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:48 PM

I still haven't played star ocean...O.o
I have no incentive to play right now.

Maybe I should read a walkthrough to excite myself or something.

Posted Image
Sorry Sorry, Super Junior.. <3 clickiez the sig

#44 Maverynthia

Maverynthia

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:JD & Jet; Androids and Artificially created men!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:01 AM

Is that the one that starts out with you and the girl on vacation? Ugh, there was too much dialogue in it (even having the voices in Japanese didn't help) and then the battle system..it was horrible! I was like "What? Huh? I just want to attack! Wait, how do I heal../can/ I heal!? Oh she died..oops...was I supposed to loose?" and this was the simulation tutorial game. After you had to flee the planet I quit playing and started on something else. That Abel guy seems awesome though.
Posted Image

#45 Rinai

Rinai

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 02:34 AM

Albel is... rather amazing<3
I started a new play through recently because even after beating the game... oh three or four times, I still don't have all the battle trophies. I'm not much of a completionist but I want enough to be able to unlock the 4P costumes in the fighting mode asgfshgh;; Also I need some thing to keep me busy until Star Ocean 4 comes out this month ;_; I can NOT WAIT.

Posted Image

#46 Kairi

Kairi

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:drawing, reading mangas, hanging out wiht friends and playing games XDDD

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:21 PM

unfortunaly i have to wait till the end of summer 09 TT.TT
but the games seems quiet interesting. it's worth to buy this game xD

Posted Image

#47 Rinai

Rinai

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:35 PM

Yeah, Star Ocean 4 is definitely worth it... aside... from various plot twists, but, any way.
The graphics are really nice (and normally I despise 3D, so, yeah) and the battle system is improved, and also flashier. Haha. There is NO MP kill thank goodness 8'D

Posted Image

#48 Nao-KK

Nao-KK

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It will take me 3 days and 2 nights to name them all.

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:19 AM

Yeah, Star Ocean 4 is definitely worth it... aside... from various plot twists, but, any way.
The graphics are really nice (and normally I despise 3D, so, yeah) and the battle system is improved, and also flashier. Haha. There is NO MP kill thank goodness 8'D

YOU'RE SERIOUS?! I guess it's a good and bad thing, seeing that you don't have to worry about characters going through MP death (*glares at Cliff from SO3*), but MP death was one of the unique features of the SO games. Not that big a deal since SO4 added some more features to battle. As long as the battle system improves, all is good. :D

#49 Xeiran

Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Location:On some island in the middle of nowhere surrounded by Bishounen~
  • Who I fangirl over:Do I have to choose?~

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:43 AM

I just started playing SO4 and I actually think the battle system is more advanced and a lot harder than SO3. Although I love the blindside attack, I use it all the time.
I'm curious what the Japanese Voices sound like because I really don't think the voice for the main guy and girl fit in the English version. And occasionally the lip sync is off, which is sad for a next gen game. But other than that I have been having a lot of fun playing it.
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#50 Rinai

Rinai

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:17 AM

Woah, WOAH. I hated MP kill to the core, I'm so freakin' glad they took it out. The battle system has plenty of other unique and fun features to make up for it and it's a huge improvement on Star Ocean 3.

@Xeiran; you can find the voice cast for the JP version over here, http://en.wikipedia....ki/Star_Ocean_4
Personally I prefer the JP voices, as that is the version I am playing. I may... grab the Asian English version just to confirm some unvoiced dialog, but normally the EN voices aren't too amazing as far as SO games go :|

Posted Image

#51 Xeiran

Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Location:On some island in the middle of nowhere surrounded by Bishounen~
  • Who I fangirl over:Do I have to choose?~

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:57 PM

@Rinai
Thanks for the link. I didn't know Kishio Daisuke voiced the main character. I looked it up on youtube to listen to there voices in Japanese and the Japanese is a lot better. How does the Asian English version work? English voice with Japanese text or english text with Japanese voice?
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#52 Rinai

Rinai

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:57 PM

No problem~
The Asian English version is exactly the same as the US/English version. Interface is changed to CG, English text and voice, etc.

Posted Image

#53 seryass

seryass

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Zephel, Randy, Clavis, Tsuchiura, & Yunoki

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:11 PM

I can't believe it's taken me a while to see this thread since I simply adore the SO series.

Just getting back to what people were saying from what I've read on various sites the vast majority of SO fans detested SO3 whereas the first two were critically acclaimed.

I have to admit SO3 isn't one of my favourite games. Extremely stereotypical characters, clunky plot and the second most annoying plot device (or in this case deus ex machina) ever created.

Getting onto that topic:

Spoiler

Incidentally I find the most irritating plot twist, and like the one in SO3 it has been done lots and lots of times, is memory loss/characters having their memories wiped.

SO2 is my favourite of the three games (I can't speak for SO4 since I don't have a PS3) and I actually found some of the dubbed lines quite funny.

The endings were good too. 86 of them. Anyone who got them all deserves a round of applause. ^_^

#54 anonymous

anonymous

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:16 AM

Finally, I have now started playing again.

Kirsla Training Facility was hell. You go up to the 3rd floor just for a key? come on!
And the boss battle was weak. REALLY weak.

Am now at Peter(n/m?)y, going to aquios. I can't get past the field area, am I supposed to go through the underground thing?

Met Albel at Kirsla Training Facility. He was hotter in still form.

I think I'm too weak. Level 12 for Fayt. heading for Aquios. Am I right?

Posted Image

#55 Nao-KK

Nao-KK

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It will take me 3 days and 2 nights to name them all.

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:27 PM

@seryass:
Spoiler

@anonymous:
It depends on your other characters also, and whether you use Item Creation. (There's actually a few BTs that you can obtain if you beat the end boss with lvl 1 or lvl 10 characters, usually including Fayt). Once you get the hang of chaining attacks, almost all story-based bosses are pretty weak. It's the after-story bosses that are actually challenging...

#56 anonymous

anonymous

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:50 PM

My controller broke down.
O.o

I was almost finished with FFXII too, I was levelling up in the Henne Mines.
As for, SO, i got bored with it again, and I decided to play the games I'm ALMOST done with, like FFXII and Kingdom Hearts.

Posted Image

#57 Kairi

Kairi

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:38 PM

so cool you all have it but i still have to wait for so4 TT.TT
i will be released in juli 09, hope they don't change it again TT.TT

Posted Image

#58 Kairi

Kairi

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:00 AM

i have a question to everyone, now i have star ocean 4 (finally XDD) but i everyime i play it will stop and i cant play it anymore..i need to star all over again!
what do you mean, is it because of star ocean 4 or because of xbox 360?
because i read in a magazine that xbox 360 can't stand the loadtimes..
is there any of such problems happend to you??

Posted Image

#59 Riven

Riven

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Must I choose? Arios, Tenma, ...

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:46 PM

I wonder should I try Star Ocean: Til the end of time if I didn't like Star Ocean the Second Story (Renas storyline ) very much? It seems that the most love Star Ocean the second story and hate the third game.

#60 Harroe

Harroe

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yunoki Azuma, all HnK/CnK cast, Jade Curtiss, and Duke(Tales of Vesperia).

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:00 AM

I've been thinking about getting the English version of SO4 but I've heard the dub was bad. Has anyone else played it in English? And if so, what are your thoughts about it? Is it worth buying?

I played SO1 and really enjoyed it. Now I'm on my second play through so that I can see more of the characters and do things I skipped before. And everybody bows down to SO2 which makes me want to play that as well.

My sister has been playing SO3 and she seems to be enjoying it. I don't think she's hit the plot twist yet though. But I've been watching her play and it seems pretty good so far (she's still on the first disk).
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

My livejournal: Ticking Clocks and Patting Rain
I put my scans, art, and other stuff here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance