• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 RuthLovesKurama

RuthLovesKurama

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:Kurama. Anime, Manga, Bishounens, video games, writing, Drawing, Art, Sleeping, eating..
  • Who I fangirl over:Kurama, Yunoki, Eisen, ok basically all bishies.

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:52 AM

I bought Star Ocean: Til the End of time a while back at gamestop for a little over 10 dollars, yes used, but it plays great. It has two disc's so I think it is a big game to play. I haven't played much of it lately, but it is pretty good, and has bishies in it. The main guy is cute, then there is the blonde guy who is hot. I don't know much about it right now, since I put it on hold to play, ok I'm stuck at a point.

Has anyone else play this game?

#2 aznkeo

aznkeo

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:41 AM

Wow this brings back memories...Q_Q wah only 10 dollars? haha I bought mine after I think a year it came out for 35. It was a pretty cool game, loved the gameplay and everything that I even bought the fanbook ^^. :P I'm personally a Abel fan lol and still am, whoo ^^

Oh as for girl characters go my favorite is Maria ^^ she's sooo cool and I love her style and everything. lol she's one of my dream cosplays that I'll do one day. But...she comes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay later in the game, super super later in the game.

It's been err wow a looong time since I played this. (lol I'm not even out of my late teens yet old too...and I was pretty young when I played it.) I personally loved the game though and well it's one of the top games I've played although I have more recent games that I love, but it's a classic I'd say. There's tons of action and fighting (^^ <3) ahh I love the battle system with this game, and tons of minigames o.o and tons tons of side quests.

SO is a pretty long game, so depending how fast you play...and well since you don't know who the blonde guy is yet xD;; you have a long ways to go with this game since you're still in the beginning. lol you won't even reach my favorite character for a long time too...

>.< ahh how this brings back memories..must dig out that fanbook of mine and reread and fangirl over it. Hmm maybe I should replay it before I hit the dorms. >>

Posted Image
Hihara Senpai needs moar L O V E
Otome Blog - White Butterfly and I'm Selling Stuff here~

#3 RuthLovesKurama

RuthLovesKurama

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:Kurama. Anime, Manga, Bishounens, video games, writing, Drawing, Art, Sleeping, eating..

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:49 AM

Oh it has mini games in it? I know of one minigame, I forgot about it. ok, I'll have to start playing it again. I do love the gameplay in it. The Battle system, is great.
I forgot the name of the blonde guy, -_- darn my memory. If the guy isn't Kurama, he slips out of my mind, until I memorize his name and stuff. He is traveling with me, um, in the group, and a girl, I forgot her name. ^_^'
So, I will have to play the game again. In fact I just put the disc in. ^v^
Cliff, that's his name. I'm in the Riverfront Village of Arias. I forgot what i have to do. ><
I'm trying to play it without cheats or a walkthrough, but.. >.<

.. And Nel is in my party to. T_T Nevermind she left, and now we have to go get her...
This has such pretty characters in it. Cliff is soooo hot. XD Wonder if there are more hot guys in it... I guess I'll have to play it in order to find out. xD

#4 Xeiran

Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Location:On some island in the middle of nowhere surrounded by Bishounen~
  • Who I fangirl over:Do I have to choose?~

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:37 AM

I love this game but its been a long time since I played it. I got it when it first came out. The game is a lot of fun and the plot is really good. I can't remember whether it had multiple endings or not since I was happy with the ending I got~
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#5 Faery

Faery

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis, Genichirou Sanada , Renji Yanagi, Hanazawa Rui, Yunoki

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:23 AM

Well, compared to star ocean 1 and 2 , this game was quite bad. I didn't like it. Oh, there is only one thing i love in this game.

Posted Image

#6 RuthLovesKurama

RuthLovesKurama

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:58 AM

I never played Star Ocean 1 or 2. I just saw this for the price and bought it, I didn't really know the game much at the time, I heard of it though. I'll like to get the first and second as well.

One thing about used games, most times they don't have the booklet. T_T Does anyone know where I can get the booklet, download it or something? I found a site.

#7 Stout Teapot

Stout Teapot

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Anime, Manga, Reading, Sleeping, Drawing, Writing, Video Editing, Sports, Cute things, Astronomy, Astrology, Different Cultures, Weird Random facts, Story telling, Legends/Folktales/Fairy Tales/etc
  • Who I fangirl over:too many for a woman my age to be proud of...

Posted 02 August 2008 - 04:17 AM

Well, compared to star ocean 1 and 2 , this game was quite bad. I didn't like it. Oh, there is only one thing i love in this game.

thank you, you are like the only person I know that has the same opinion. >_>;;

I bought this game when it first came out ages ago but never finished it. Since I'm a big SO fan I snatched up on it when it was inside the special packaging. I didn't really like the beginning as much as the other two games, and I HATE Sophia. Hate. Hate. Hate.

HATE.

I didn't even get that far in the game or even get her back after getting stranded on the one planet, but herpersonality just grated me so badly the wrong way. What an irratating character.

I got as far as the mining-turtle mini game and stopped. Eventually I have to beat it, because you know I'm a SO fan and I paid a lot of money for it for one of the first boxes that came out, but in my heart SO2 is the best. <33

Rena, Dias, Ashton FTW.

Some of the character designs are really cool though, like Nel, Cliff, Maria, and Albel, but then some of them are like....wtf? Peppita? Roger? Ardray (forgot how to spell his name)? Interesting fact thoug, the same person that does the english VA for Nel is also the same person who does the english VA for Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop.

If you guys like the active battle system, try out other Tri-Ace games like Radiata Stories. Or you can also try the Tales series.

Sorry if I sound like a downer, I don't mean to, it's just I'm an old school fangirl and almost always love the PSX counterparts/prequels to the PS2 ones. They just don't make RPGs like they used to. *sigh*
It's only love if it lasts forever.
Ordinary love is over-rated. True love is under-rated.
There's no better drug than falling in love.

"I say you're weak, so I can always be there to protect you.
I say you're clumsy, so I can catch you when you fall.
I say you're annoying, because I can never get you off my mind.
I say I don't like you, because I love you."

Love is easy - life is hard.

Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint and he will have to touch it to be sure.

#8 Misha

Misha

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:A lot? 8D
  • Who I fangirl over:もう数え切れぬw

Posted 02 August 2008 - 04:50 AM

^
OMG, I finally found people who shared the same opinion with me! q__q
I love love LOVE SO 2 so much that I played and finished both Rena and Claude's POV, and bought SO 2 mangas too. That was like ages ago, when I was in junior high (I'm in uni now). And after all this time, I STILL love the game and the characters, and.. well, basically everything from SO 2.

So when SO Til The End of Time came out, I bought it right away. I like the gameplay and the battle system, and thought the characters were so-so. The thing is, I never finished the game. I got past that mine-turtle mini game, but stopped right when Nel left on her own and we had to find her. (Ruth, I guess this is where you're up to? :D)

The battle system started to kill me at this point, and I started cursing at how you die when you run out of MP. Also, the major problem is.. I got lost. The map was killing me since I found myself going around in circles. >_> I ran around and then realized that I just made my way back to the entrance lololol.

I'm THAT bad with directions. My friend had to draw a KH Neverland map once, because he felt sorry for me who got lost in there for aaaages. Then I got lost again in Hollow Bastion, much to his despair. XDD

But I will finish this game someday, somehow. D:

Posted Image
あなたの背中追おう、の彼方まで
lj otome twit tumblr

#9 RuthLovesKurama

RuthLovesKurama

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 10:24 AM

So when SO Til The End of Time came out, I bought it right away. I like the gameplay and the battle system, and thought the characters were so-so. The thing is, I never finished the game. I got past that mine-turtle mini game, but stopped right when Nel left on her own and we had to find her. (Ruth, I guess this is where you're up to? :D)

The battle system started to kill me at this point, and I started cursing at how you die when you run out of MP. Also, the major problem is.. I got lost. The map was killing me since I found myself going around in circles. >_> I ran around and then realized that I just made my way back to the entrance lololol.

Yeah, I'm stuck at the Kirlsa Training Facility. I kept going around in circles back to the entrance too. T_T But, I found a spoiler-free walkthrough, though I haven't played it today yet. I've been busy sleeping away my cold, I haven't been able to anything much the past few days. T_T

#10 Faery

Faery

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis, Genichirou Sanada , Renji Yanagi, Hanazawa Rui, Yunoki

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:42 AM

I hope that your cold will get better soon ;)
I am happy to see that there are some old school rpg fans like me there. In fact, there are 2 mains things i didn't like in so3 : the story which became quite realistic, uninteresting and boring. But overall, they killed the crafting. I used to love it ...
I never finished it as well, but i think i wasn't far for the ending.
Posted Image

#11 LenxKaho

LenxKaho

Violin Romance Comittee

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Game.
  • Who I fangirl over:TSUNA. TSUNA. TSUNA. GOD, I JUST WANT TO EAT THE BOY, LITERALLY OR NOT.

Posted 02 August 2008 - 02:08 PM

Does it have AR MAX, b'coz I've just bought it? Xp

CORDA OCTAVE

My Million People of Corda ID is 75971244. Friend me :grin:

#12 topostarlight

topostarlight

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Video games, drawing, anime, cartoons, horror, yaoi, yuri, simulation games, comics/manga, toys, etc.
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis, Fujiwara no Takamichi, Hikami Itaru

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:00 PM

I've played this one but got stuck at this stage that has dragons. O.o I have a guide too, so not sure how I managed that. I should go back and try it..
I looove Albel in the game, he's so hot! ^_^
Star Ocean 2 is still my favorite though, and always will be. Star Ocean 1 is good too (played a translated rom) and they have a psp port of the first one with anime scenes and other extras. They're also porting the 2nd one to psp, at least I remember reading that once..
Posted Image

#13 Yilei

Yilei

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:イノリ

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:03 AM

I like SO3 and I did finish it, but I agree it doesn't have *too* much in the way of a fascinating plot. The ending or at least the part where you get to finding out about what will eventually become the ending though was interesting in that it made you think. And I don't mean like strategy thinking, I mean like philosophically. I don't want to spoil it beyond that so that Ruth can finish and enjoy the game, but the ending really makes you take a step back and think.

For SO1 and SO2, I started ROM versions of it, but I haven't had time to get around to finishing them. =X I've heard a lot of great things about them from other people though, so I decided to try them out. For the other older games I've played though, I agree that most of the newer generation of games out there suck. A lot of them are too easy and/or have plots that are *really* shallow and don't require much thought.

SO3 though I bought on impulse because I was curious and I was in a game store in the mall and felt a compulsion to buy SOMETHING. I honestly really liked the game, but I think I mainly liked it because of Nel, Albel, and Maria. I liked the game enough though that I was compelled to buy the Japanese director's cut (which is the same as the English game) so that I could her the original voices. Partly because I don't like Crispin Freeman and he's playing Albel. D= There isn't really too much difference otherwise, but then I think the soldiers shouting "Glory to Airyglyph" when they're dying in Japanese sound less retarded.

「思ひつつ寝ればや人の見えつらん夢と知りせば覚めざらましを」
-小野小町

#14 Riviera

Riviera

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Shiranui Yozaburō, Sayori, Hatsuhime, Mon-Mon, Kazuya Fuwa, Raki, Takeshi Kuranari, Sora Akanegasaki, Tohsaka Rin, Kohaku

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:52 PM

I am joining the bandwagon of those who liked SO 1 and 2 better. I adored 2, and 1 was fun as well.. especially with the humor. I will be thrilled to death if the PSP versions come to NA. Posted Image

3 is not a bad game, it's just not that impressive. Especially if you compare it to its predecessors. I've heard a lot of people say 2 is bad because of the voice acting, but in some ways that was part of its charm. I'm also one of those that tends to find things that annoy others funny instead. I guess it's one of my odd quirks.

Plus, someone spoiled 3's major plot twist for me.
Spoiler

The characters themselves aren't bad, though, and the design is good.
Anyone who knows where I can get a copy of Kare to Kare no Hazama de ~Twins DX~ (with either international shipping or direct download), please PM me. I would be eternally grateful.

#15 RuthLovesKurama

RuthLovesKurama

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:53 AM

If you guys like the active battle system, try out other Tri-Ace games like Radiata Stories. Or you can also try the Tales series.

I've saw Radiata Stories at Gamestop. I've been wanting to get it too. And Tales of Abyss.
Has anyone play Tales of Vesperia on xbox360?
Is it good?
I heard good things about ToA too.

#16 Riven

Riven

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Must I choose? Arios, Tenma, ...

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:28 PM

I didn't like Radiata Stories. The characters didn't interested me, Tales of Abyss was a lot better. There is an anime too which follows the storyline and you get: This place I know feeling. The Star Ocean Serie I would like to play too but I'm stucked in Suikoden 3.

#17 Rinai

Rinai

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:.

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:46 PM

I swear, I must be the ONLY person in the world that liked the plot twist in Star Ocean Three B|
I'm not sure why it annoys people so much, it was a GOOD plot twist.

Posted Image

#18 anonymous

anonymous

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:??...but there are so many to fangirl over..

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:10 AM

I've had this game for... 6 months?
and I've played it about ten times.
And I'm only in that place after the first mine thing, after you ride the huge tortoises or whatever.

I dunno, the game just bores me, unlike FF games and KH games.

Posted Image
Sorry Sorry, Super Junior.. <3 clickiez the sig

#19 Rinai

Rinai

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:.

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:20 PM

Those big haulers made me want to kill some thing until I got the hang of them.

...but eh, I guess it's not a series for every one? I found it amazing to be honest. It's kind of a pain to get the ending you want with out a guide though because there are SO MANY personal actions, and missing one can throw off every thing.

Posted Image

#20 anonymous

anonymous

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:??...but there are so many to fangirl over..

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:34 PM

Rinai

The action sequence is lame for me too.
it's hard since you can't do magic/heal even though you're just jumping or whatever.

those haulers took me 3 months to master.
xD

Posted Image
Sorry Sorry, Super Junior.. <3 clickiez the sig

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance