• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 swallow

swallow

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tooya, Kazahaya, Hiiragi, Sazaki, Yasuaki, Eisen, Benkei, Hinoe

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:53 PM

Because there seems to be virtually no information on it, what is the story to the game? Is it just a copy of the first game with a different look to the characters or what? I never hear anyone talk about it so it actually makes me more curious as to why it seems to be a forgotten game of the haruka series.

#2 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I can't choose anymore since otome games are getting more popular LOL

Posted 24 July 2008 - 05:59 PM

Well, visually speaking it's like a direct copy from the first game.
Haruka2 takes 2 years after the first game.
Basically there's a dispute whether the current emperor or the former emperor should rule over Heian Kyo. These are the events that eventually lead to the Genpei war which is when Haruka3 takes place.
The Ten Hachiyo are supportive of the former emporer and the Chi Hachiyo are supportive of the current empror.
Also...there's a noble princess who claims that she's Ryuujin no Miko and she currently resides with the former emperor. So Karin has to convince to hachiyo that she is Ryuujin no Miko and have to find a way to make every one get along with each other.

I'm selling stuff so if you're interested please take a look!

If you want to find more random blabbings of otome games you can look at my livejournal if you want~
I moved...it's called Peaceful Grace.
I've started a new blog at wordpress it's called Reaching Towards You since my LJ is full of my tweets.
If you want to look at pictures you can look at my tumblr nothing special...

The Icon Avatar is from Neskaya.net

#3 Faery

Faery

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis, Genichirou Sanada , Renji Yanagi, Hanazawa Rui, Yunoki

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:09 PM

Oh there is a difference with the first one. You have mini games once you've beaten the spirits ( not only a card game )
I can't remember exactly all of them , there were 3 . A kind of rabbits race if i remember well, a game with a ball ( forgot how to tell this in english ) ... )

I just remember that is was a real pain for me to find it when i bought it ( a long time ago :P ), was only able to buy it as second hand . ( maybe they reedited it ? )

Art is not pretty as in the first one, i thought. But ! the water color art like is really nice ! But unless you're a hardcore fan ( like me ? :P ) i wouldn't recommand to buy it.

The only thing i love in this game is the opening music :

http://fr.youtube.co...h?v=w8OUDP7mJ1Y
Posted Image

#4 Shizuka

Shizuka

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yorihisa, Masaomi, Hiiragi, Kaji, Hyuuga

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:23 PM

Haruka2 takes 2 years after the first game.

No, it takes place 100 years after Haruka 1.

The characters are very similar to Haruka 1. For example, Yoritada is basically Yorihisa with a haircut. Some of them are so similar you can only tell the difference by their clothes. To me, the Haruka 2 characters are less appealing.

There are very few voiced events in Haruka 2. If I recall correctly, only battles had voice. (I played the PS2 version.)

Haruka 2 is considered by most the worst of all the Haruka games. Personally, I only bothered to get Yoritada's ending, and then I quit playing.

You should only get Haruka 2 if:

1) You are a die-hard fan who has finished all the other Haruka games and you need more Haruka or you'll go insane.

OR

2) You can't play the other Haruka games because you have a PSP but you don't have a PS2 that can play Japanese games, so Haruka 2 is your only option.
Posted Image

#5 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,534 posts
  • Location:wondering how she could be attracted to a 3000 yr old bishie
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:16 PM

as everyone have already explained, it is a different story, taken place 100 years after Haruka1.

The reasons it was not as popular:

1. the characters look about the same
2. the mini games were annoying (I hated it)
3. The art is not as pretty
4. I personally thought I didnt like it because half of the time, the Hachiyos werent around, and they have some real attitude problem. Because instead of being worshipped and protected as the miko, they were all doubting you, giving you a hard time for not being a super duper miko. (made me want to slap the hachiyos around)
5. The heroine has ugly hairstyle

But there were voice events, I played both the PC version and PS2 version. (yes I am a hardcore fan), but the voice events only occur on their 3rd and 4th kokoro no kakera events.

The only addition to it is that you can go after Akuram in this game. Which they later added onto Hachiyoshou game anyway...>.>;;
Posted Image
avvy and siggy featuring Gackt Kamui, the hawt 40 year old =w=
thank you yori for making the set for me :"D

Posted Image
Help keeping MNR alive by buying your otome goodies through here.

#6 Mizuho_Subaru

Mizuho_Subaru

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Interests:Reading, music, games, violin
  • Who I fangirl over:Benkei san, Kazahaya, Yunoki, Tuskimori kun & Shimizu kun

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:16 AM

Hmmm.... I actually like Haruka 2 better than Haruka 1... (well @ least the PSP version...)

I actually liked the CG in Haruka 2 better than the very original Haruka 1 as well...

Man, I'm the odd ball here...

I guess a reason why I like 2 better than 1 might be due to the main character: Akane vs. Karin...

I actually like some of the characters in Haruka 2 better than Haruka 1. For once, I actually like character in Chi no Seiryuu position (well, excluding Haruka 4). But it's true, all characters have bit of pieces left from the image of Haruka 1...

As for mini games... Really didn't like them...

#7 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,534 posts
  • Location:wondering how she could be attracted to a 3000 yr old bishie
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:32 AM

I think that's the thing. Because haruka1 and haruka2 characters are so similar you will compare. I agree there are some I liked better in haruka2 than haruka1, but definitely some that I preferred more in Haruka 1.

eg.

Yasuaki more than Yasutsugu (way more)
Tomomasa more than Hisui (although they are exactly the same, but Tomomasa appeared more elegant to me)

but in haruka2 I liked Katsuzane more than Tenma. Liked Isato more than Inori. Liked Yoritada more than Yorihisa.
Posted Image
avvy and siggy featuring Gackt Kamui, the hawt 40 year old =w=
thank you yori for making the set for me :"D

Posted Image
Help keeping MNR alive by buying your otome goodies through here.

#8 Mizuho_Subaru

Mizuho_Subaru

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:24 AM

Character compare wise:

Yorihisa san = Yoritada
Katsuzane >>>>> Tenma (can't really like Tenma mainly due to the annoyance in the anime... orz)
Inori = (approximately anyway) Isato
Akifumi >>>> Shimon kun (Akifumi kun is a lot more mature, in the game anyway & not in drama cd...)
Takamichi = Yukitaka (don't really care about either...)
Tomomasa = (approximately anyway) Hisui (I can't really tell which one is better since they are almost the same...)
Eisen < (just slightly) Motomi
As for Yasuaki & Yasutsugu, I love them both (Ishida san da mon...) but if I really have to pick, I'll pick Yasuaki since he's the sole reason why I started Haruka series anyway...

& I still think Haruka 2 has better ED CG (only in comparison to the very 1st Haruka 1 - PS version, right?)....

#9 swallow

swallow

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tooya, Kazahaya, Hiiragi, Sazaki, Yasuaki, Eisen, Benkei, Hinoe

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:39 PM

That was all very helpful! Thanks, guys! I think that once I finally get though all my other haruka games, I'll actually give this one a try.

I dunno. The concept of the hachiyou not all over the miko is somewhat appealing to me. I can see where it might get annoying, but it might be worth a go.

#10 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I can't choose anymore since otome games are getting more popular LOL

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:59 PM

Why did I say this game take place 2 years? I think I must not have been fully awake during that time.
I didn't think the mini games were that bad at first but playing them over and over got frustrating...
I liked Yasuaki more that Yasutsugu and I liked Akifumi more than Shimon too...(I like it when he calls you tennyo~)
I think the End CGs are better in Haruka2 too because in the Heian Kyo endings in 1 you only see the Hachiyo and both Akane and the Hachiyo in the modern day ending but in 2 you get to see both hachiyo and Karin in both endings.

I'm selling stuff so if you're interested please take a look!

If you want to find more random blabbings of otome games you can look at my livejournal if you want~
I moved...it's called Peaceful Grace.
I've started a new blog at wordpress it's called Reaching Towards You since my LJ is full of my tweets.
If you want to look at pictures you can look at my tumblr nothing special...

The Icon Avatar is from Neskaya.net

#11 TsukimoriKahoko

TsukimoriKahoko

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Taniyama Kisho / Tsukimori Len / Tohgane Chiaki

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

I have the Haruka2 PSP and wonder if anyone knows if there are new events/CGs in it? On the back, it says 'original events' so I think there is, but does anyone know what they are exactly? (Basically, worth replaying the game for?)

Also, does anyone have a link to an online guide for this PSP game version? I have the books, but it's for the PS2 and so the 'new' events won't be listed.

Thanks!! :hugs:

Posted Image

#12 Mizuho_Subaru

Mizuho_Subaru

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

Setsuna san, I haven't play Haruka 2 for a LONG time, but I'm not sure whether there were new scenario in the main stories. I have the PSP guidebook & I look over it just now, I don't see that it mentions any new scenario. I just remember the omake section was expanded to includes many more details. For online guide, will this help: http://coool.noor.jp/aeris/haruka2/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 My NeoRomance