• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Stout Teapot

Stout Teapot

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Anime, Manga, Reading, Sleeping, Drawing, Writing, Video Editing, Sports, Cute things, Astronomy, Astrology, Different Cultures, Weird Random facts, Story telling, Legends/Folktales/Fairy Tales/etc
  • Who I fangirl over:too many for a woman my age to be proud of...

Posted 19 July 2008 - 02:59 PM

I'm copying the Corda thread, I posted these on my spare youtube account, but incase anyone here wants to see them:

Julious:

Clavis:

Randy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLlWpEeW3t0

Luminale:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KS5K48XjKI

Marcel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjLc2TQxTZg

Olive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZE-xCXeADA

Luva:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK_7S58CrXk

Zephel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DffVbATeH7g

Oscar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSZsVRHRyHc

I also have the guardians from the other universe, but I don't have those uploaded yet. And I can't seem to find where I had save the Arios ending either. X(
It's only love if it lasts forever.
Ordinary love is over-rated. True love is under-rated.
There's no better drug than falling in love.

"I say you're weak, so I can always be there to protect you.
I say you're clumsy, so I can catch you when you fall.
I say you're annoying, because I can never get you off my mind.
I say I don't like you, because I love you."

Love is easy - life is hard.

Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint and he will have to touch it to be sure.

#2 ringo_girl

ringo_girl

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Theres too many xD

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:41 PM

yay~ thx again xD

i loved oscar's and zephel's ending since those 2 are my fav characters in angelique etoile

i giggled like a fangirl when i watched the vids xD

#3 Stout Teapot

Stout Teapot

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Anime, Manga, Reading, Sleeping, Drawing, Writing, Video Editing, Sports, Cute things, Astronomy, Astrology, Different Cultures, Weird Random facts, Story telling, Legends/Folktales/Fairy Tales/etc
  • Who I fangirl over:too many for a woman my age to be proud of...

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:43 PM

Yeah Oscar and Zephel are the general favorites because of the anime, with Randy close behind.

Spoiler

I personally like Luva. He's just so darn cute. And Luminale for his personality.
I love Olivie's personality too, from the first Angelique game, he has a dream sequence where he makes fun of Oscar and Julious to their faces and it pisses them off. xD;;
Marcel is super cute too, like a puppy almost.

The only too guardians I'm not crazy for are Julious and Clavis, the one's most everyone else likes, lol.
It's only love if it lasts forever.
Ordinary love is over-rated. True love is under-rated.
There's no better drug than falling in love.

"I say you're weak, so I can always be there to protect you.
I say you're clumsy, so I can catch you when you fall.
I say you're annoying, because I can never get you off my mind.
I say I don't like you, because I love you."

Love is easy - life is hard.

Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint and he will have to touch it to be sure.

#4 sonnakai

sonnakai

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Playing video games, reading, learning about different cultures/languages, looking good, dancing, writing, being a geek, and of course - obsessing over hot guys.
  • Who I fangirl over:Man harems please me. So, all.

Posted 20 July 2008 - 07:14 AM

LOOOL.

It's funny how easily I melt watching Luva. I remember him taking off his turban as a sign of trust in the (previous) games as well, and that was such a special moment. He's my favorite too, Teapot! Very cute and kind-hearted, but in a calm/mature way and not childish at all. Plus I think he's sexy. And-

Ahem. Not getting carried away. But I KNOW. About Clavis and Julious? I always thought they were just too stereotypical. I mean, there's dark and angst-ridden vs nice guy with a rather troubled past. Plus they're too feminine looking for me, personally. I wouldn't say I dislike them, but they're certainly not my "type".

I do, however, like Lumiale. He's very sweet and his background music always put me to sleep. XD So pretty and soothing.

Anyway, thanks a lot for sharing!

#5 tentsubasa

tentsubasa

Queen Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, cooking, baking, movies, trying to save my dying Japanese skills (it's a losing battle)
  • Who I fangirl over:Kazuki Hihara; Hihara x Hino pairing (火日)

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

I wasn't really sure where a good place to put this question was, but I guess this works as well as anywhere.

Are the Angelique games a lot more animated than Kiniro no Corda and Harukanaru Toki no Naka de?  I was watching a little bit of the 10th Anniversary Sweet Celebration when I noticed an off-recording section that looked like it was a clip from an OVA (something about Mel, Marcel, and Timka picking berries for making jam), but it was labeled as having come from the Trois game.  I also noticed a lot of animated endings for Etoile floating around the internet.  Are these actually part of the game, or are these OVAs based off of the games?

Also a bit random, but if the guardians don't change from game to game, does that mean that these guardians are falling in love with like 3-4 different people? XD I can see why it would make sense for them to move on from the unattainable Queen of the Cosmos, but at least from watching Koi suru Tenshi Angelique, I didn't think the Etoile had any relationship restrictions.  I'm not sure if Trois is back to Queen of the Cosmos or not.

#6 GuardianRandy

GuardianRandy

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Housei Toki, Kaji Aoi, Sei-Lan, Fukuuchi Ouchi, Tooya...

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:22 AM

There was quite a bit of animation in the Angelique games up until Etoile. Trois is probably my favorite for animations because the quality is so much better.
But, yes, all the Playstation games (except for Angelique in Wonderland) had fully-animated endings as well as other animations here and there.

As far as the relationship question, they just assume the person playing the game has never played any of the games that came before it. So they always wipe the slate clean. (This actually irritated me when playing Trois because the Guardians were introducing themselves to Ange Collet and Rachel as if they'd never met before... even though they helped her become queen of the Seijuu Universe and helped her stop Leviath and his minions from taking over the cosmos.)

Trois is an interesting one as far as stories go. It's not one in which you're trying to become a queen like the first two games. In this case, you're transported to a floating island chain known as Arcadia (the future realm of Neo Angelique) in order to free the Will of the Cosmos and destroy some evil force known as RaGa who's attempting to corrupt and destroy everything, particularly the queens.

Long story short, you work with the Guardians to restore balance and harvest enough Sacrea to break the bonds on Elda, the Will of the Cosmos. Unlike the previous entries, the game counts down and only gives you 120 days or something like that as opposed to letting the game run as long as it takes.

#7 tentsubasa

tentsubasa

Queen Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, cooking, baking, movies, trying to save my dying Japanese skills (it's a losing battle)

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

There was quite a bit of animation in the Angelique games up until Etoile. Trois is probably my favorite for animations because the quality is so much better.
But, yes, all the Playstation games (except for Angelique in Wonderland) had fully-animated endings as well as other animations here and there.

Really?!  That's so cool! =D It's too bad they didn't continue that animated trend to their later games like Corda.  Does Neo Angelique (it's a game too, right?  I know they have the two anime seasons that I still need to watch, but I can't remember if games exist for them.) also have animations?  How much less animation did Etoile and Trois have compared to the others?

As far as the relationship question, they just assume the person playing the game has never played any of the games that came before it. So they always wipe the slate clean.

(o.O) That seems like an odd assumption to make since most of the players are probably fans who are following the series.  I suppose it is easier though than trying to work out a way for people not to feel betrayed when the guy who declared everlasting devotion to you in a previous game moves on to…err…well, another version of you. XD

(This actually irritated me when playing Trois because the Guardians were introducing themselves to Ange Collet and Rachel as if they'd never met before... even though they helped her become queen of the Seijuu Universe and helped her stop Leviath and his minions from taking over the cosmos.)

Trois is an interesting one as far as stories go. It's not one in which you're trying to become a queen like the first two games. In this case, you're transported to a floating island chain known as Arcadia (the future realm of Neo Angelique) in order to free the Will of the Cosmos and destroy some evil force known as RaGa who's attempting to corrupt and destroy everything, particularly the queens.

Why would the Guardians be introducing themselves to Ange, Collet, and Rachel if you're not playing as them in Trois?  Do you have to collect the Guardians again on top of saving things in Arcadia?  

Now that I think about it, who's Collet?  Is she Queen of the Seijuu Universe?  I could have been sure in Koi suru Tenshi Angelique Timka called her Angelique in that coma dream sequence he had.  Or do you mean that Ange became Queen of the Seijuu Universe and she has two aides?  I'm so confused! (@_@) The only things I really know about Angelique come from watching Koi suru Tenshi Angelique and some of the Neoromance Live and Festa events.

Long story short, you work with the Guardians to restore balance and harvest enough Sacrea to break the bonds on Elda, the Will of the Cosmos. Unlike the previous entries, the game counts down and only gives you 120 days or something like that as opposed to letting the game run as long as it takes.

Okay, so it's like Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask in that sense (well, I suppose you can time travel in Majora's Mask, so it's kind of cheating).

#8 GuardianRandy

GuardianRandy

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Housei Toki, Kaji Aoi, Sei-Lan, Fukuuchi Ouchi, Tooya...

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

Haha. There's a lot to explain. Starting with Koisuru Tenshi Angelique is probably what's causing you the most confusion since that takes place last in the timeline (excluding Neo Angelique). Angelique Etoile was the last game in the series to feature the regular cast.

In the games, Angelique Collet was never in a coma (just in the Koisuru anime), and it's only in the Etoile game that you have to recruit Guardians. Before that, it was the same set of characters already established Angelique Limoges's Guardians (Julious, Clavis, Randy, etc) in the Shinchou Universe.

In Angelique Special 2, Angelique Collet and Rachel were chosen for an examination similar to the Queen examination that Angelique Limoges and Rosalia underwent in the first game. In this case, though, Angelique Collet was the ultimate winner and created the new Seijuu Universe or 'Sacred Beast Universe.' This is because during the examination she was assisting the Will of the Universe which took on the form of a cute, pink, little furry animal named Alphonsia. Alphonsia would tell her what the new universe was in need of, and she would ask the Limoges's Guardians to send Sacrea to it.

This video is the opening to Special 2. What you see happening is that pink orb descending (the Will of the Universe, Alphonsia), selecting Angelique Collet. After Queen Angelique Limoges tells everyone that they need to select a new queen for the other universe, you'll see a line-up of Victor, Sei-Lan, Timka, and Mel; they were first introduced in this game as instructors (and Mel as a fortune teller) to help guide Collet and Rachel toward becoming a proper queen as well as learning what the new universe would need in a leader.

If you go to this Wiki page, it actually does a pretty decent job of listing all the games and anime in chronological order as well as giving a brief description of each.
http://en.wikipedia....apanese_series)

#9 tentsubasa

tentsubasa

Queen Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

Haha. There's a lot to explain. Starting with Koisuru Tenshi Angelique is probably what's causing you the most confusion since that takes place last in the timeline (excluding Neo Angelique). Angelique Etoile was the last game in the series to feature the regular cast.

Oh. :oops: I actually asked in a different thread that I created asking general questions about the anime and OVAs (maybe that I added the word List in the thread title made that hard to understand) about what order I should watch them in, and it was recommended that I watch Koisuru Tenshi Angelique first because it gives more of an overview of the contents of the game in anime form whereas the OVAs that came before it were more like continuations of the game and would require some prior knowledge.  I didn't realize that Etoile is the last game.  I actually thought Trois was, though looking at the list on the Wikipedia page, it very clearly says that Etoile was the fourth. (>.<)

In the games, Angelique Collet was never in a coma (just in the Koisuru anime), and it's only in the Etoile game that you have to recruit Guardians. Before that, it was the same set of characters already established Angelique Limoges's Guardians (Julious, Clavis, Randy, etc) in the Shinchou Universe.

Oooh, I see.  It's her last name.  I guess that makes sense since all of the queens have been named Angelique.  So then, in Etoile, are the main love interests the new 9 Guardians or is it all 18 Guardians? XD

In Angelique Special 2, Angelique Collet and Rachel were chosen for an examination similar to the Queen examination that Angelique Limoges and Rosalia underwent in the first game. In this case, though, Angelique Collet was the ultimate winner and created the new Seijuu Universe or 'Sacred Beast Universe.' This is because during the examination she was assisting the Will of the Universe which took on the form of a cute, pink, little furry animal named Alphonsia. Alphonsia would tell her what the new universe was in need of, and she would ask the Limoges's Guardians to send Sacrea to it.

The Will of the Universe is different than the Spirit of the Sacrea monster thing that was ripping apart the Seijuu Universe in Koisuru Tenshi Angelique, right?

This video is the opening to Special 2. What you see happening is that pink orb descending (the Will of the Universe, Alphonsia), selecting Angelique Collet. After Queen Angelique Limoges tells everyone that they need to select a new queen for the other universe, you'll see a line-up of Victor, Sei-Lan, Timka, and Mel; they were first introduced in this game as instructors (and Mel as a fortune teller) to help guide Collet and Rachel toward becoming a proper queen as well as learning what the new universe would need in a leader.

Mel is really young...and kind of girly....  Is he really an obtainable character in this game? f(^^; ) That almost seems kind of creepy....  That's really neat though that the opening sequence is completely animated like that. (^_^) Are most of the cut scenes animated as well?  And how much less was Etoile animated than the others?  Was Neo Angelique animated as well?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 My NeoRomance