• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 topostarlight

topostarlight

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Video games, drawing, anime, cartoons, horror, yaoi, yuri, simulation games, comics/manga, toys, etc.
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis, Fujiwara no Takamichi, Hikami Itaru

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:05 PM

Playing the game right now! I just started getting into the manga, on volume 7 (still got a loooong way to go). I'm not sure who I'll go for in the game. Might go for Tsukasa, even though he's crazy. =P
Posted Image

#22 001

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yasuaki, Ace

Posted 02 September 2008 - 05:59 PM

I was looking forward to it, somewhat...wanted to mess with Tsukasa.
But darn, it doesn't even work on the emulator...oh well, I cherished the idea of trying it for a while.

Agent 001

Topic to find the PoT fan-made games

#23 topostarlight

topostarlight

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Video games, drawing, anime, cartoons, horror, yaoi, yuri, simulation games, comics/manga, toys, etc.
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis, Fujiwara no Takamichi, Hikami Itaru

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:20 PM

I was looking forward to it, somewhat...wanted to mess with Tsukasa.
But darn, it doesn't even work on the emulator...oh well, I cherished the idea of trying it for a while.

It works on the newest version of no$gba. It wouldn't work for me at first and then I got the newest updated version and it works fine after that.
Posted Image

#24 Zully Quirke

Zully Quirke

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, otome games, RPG's, gardening, ABJD's
  • Who I fangirl over:Yunoki Azuma, Madoka Kijyou, Suzuoka Ren

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:23 PM

I was so excited when I read the headline-- then dissapointed when I read more here. I've been a huge Hana Yori Dango fan for years; I adore the manga, TV series, J-Drama and Taiwanese dramas. A dating sim seems AWESOME.

Though to be honest, I'd feel a little bad if I wasn't playing through as Tsukushi. Especially since Doumuyoji is my favorite character. I'd feel guilty "splitting them apart." XD
Posted Image

#25 Mariye

Mariye

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy video games, music, drawing, reading all kinds of fiction and manga. I write for Gamertell and Siliconera.
  • Who I fangirl over:Azuma Yunoki

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:55 AM

I was so glad when I was able to cover this for Siliconera, because I really adored the original Hana Yori Dango.

I can remember back in my first year of college, my two best friends were huge Hanadan friends. I had no idea what it was. Sometimes they'd go on and on about Rui and Tsukasa and Tsukushi and finally I asked them what they were going on and on about. They thought I knew and just wasn't a fan. XD

I loved the Japanese live action drama best. <3

Even though Hana Yori Dango DS is a bit slow and not as engaging as TMGS 1st Love or 2nd Season, I still got a kick out of it. (Especially when I used action replay to get infinite rod assistance so I'd never make a wrong move!)

I went for Tsukasa first, because he's just awesome. Then I went for Akira. I'll probably go for Soujiro next. For some reason, I was never a huge Rui fan. I think I preferred to see him with Shizuka.

#26 zcbml

zcbml

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Hisui, Abe no Yasutsugu

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:45 PM

I love the drama, I watched it several times when the Taiwanese version came out!

Then the Jap version is real good too, I think the chosen character really resembles who they are suppose to be and the music...Totally awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just recently watch the Jap drama and it makes me want the play the game real bad. But Jap DS games are hard to understand.
~ Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything.

~ Kurt Vonnegut

~ 色は臭へど 散りぬるを 

我が世誰そ 常ならむ 
有為の奥山 今日越えて 
浅き夢みし 酔ひもせず

Posted Image

#27 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Interests:リラちゃん♥poupee girl
  • Who I fangirl over:quirky-voice types

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:27 PM

I've tried the game, and didn't quite like it. Was too mundane and boring, and the daily routine got repetitive very quickly. I was (erroneously) under the delusion that I was playing as Tsukushi for a large part of the game. Much confusion. XDDDD

But I guess if you're a hardcore fan of the series, this game'll be very entertaining. I did watch the movie on a plane quite recently. Um, very suitable for fangirls, the movie is.
Posted Image

Confusing with nonsensical verbosity>>>>
DF: ad hoc spazz

#28 chiliztri

chiliztri

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Everyone. Pretty much.

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:43 AM

I'm a bit baffled on how you made that mistake? I think not even 5 minutes in Tsukushi introduces herself, and it's voiced. Not to sound rude or anything, though! I'm just wondering how you made that mistake.

I will say the game was a bit boring at times, but I enjoyed playing it for some reason. I even captured Tsukasa twice. I just wish the art was prettier...it was seriously lacking. I'm not even sure why I like this game! The art isn't that good, the gameplay is simple and boring at times, and yet I still enjoyed it. *shrug*

Posted Image
永遠なんて。。。ない

#29 yukihotaru

yukihotaru

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:An incredibly slack English major who's obsessed over otome games, Jrock music, Lolita/Gothic punk clothes, Victorian literature and culture, Oscar Wilde, writing stories, making felt dolls, and all things pretty and frilly...:P
  • Who I fangirl over:Tamaki Suoh, Keigo Todoroki and Hariya

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:44 AM

i never really got into this game solely because of the art...>___< i can't help it! games like comic garden and tmgs totally spoiled me! orz something abt their eyes just annoys me...o_O
「雨時々雪、愛時々嘘」

#30 chiliztri

chiliztri

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:51 AM

Yeah I can understand that. I've been spoiled by well drawn manga and games. I will try any game with beautiful art, no matter how lacking the story is! *coughotomategamescough* The art is basically the same as the manga. Even though I thoroughly enjoyed the manga, the art really bothered me at first. The anime looked bad too...and not to mention the voice acting! *shudders* The only thing that really looked good was the Live Action Dorama.

I don't blame you from being discouraged to play it because of the art, it's not very pretty, and the outfits they wear are horrible and tacky. I still enjoyed the game despite its very obvious flaws though, but maybe I'm just weird. I don't think everyone will enjoy it.

Posted Image
永遠なんて。。。ない

#31 Milk_n_Flour

Milk_n_Flour

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Games, manga, books, music, baking, traveling, world news, philosophy, science and technology.
  • Who I fangirl over:Suzuka Kazuma, Gyokuryuu, Saeki Teru, Atori Mahiro

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:24 AM

I was quite disappointed with this game too :( And I loved Hana Yori Dango to bits, my favorite is Rui (Oguri Shun as Rui is perfect, I would sell my soul for Oguri Shun too). This game would have been much better if we get to be in Tsukushi's shoes.
"Shut up and just follow me" - DBSK fan service :)

#32 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Interests:リラちゃん♥poupee girl
  • Who I fangirl over:quirky-voice types

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:40 AM

I'm a bit baffled on how you made that mistake? I think not even 5 minutes in Tsukushi introduces herself, and it's voiced. Not to sound rude or anything, though! I'm just wondering how you made that mistake.

Oh don't worry, no offence taken. It's just that I was not too familiar with the character designs at that point in time, having only read the first few chapters of the manga as a starter to the game. In addition, I started playing late in the afternoon, after an intense bout of studying, and just skimmed over the text in the game (like I always do, every first playthrough). >_< Not carefully reading text = erroneous thoughts = much confusion.
Posted Image

Confusing with nonsensical verbosity>>>>
DF: ad hoc spazz

#33 HanaKi

HanaKi

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yunoki Azuma

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:51 AM

Hmm...If it's the art of Hanadan.kills every emotion when you've been spoiled, liked to draw and got somewhat good at it....and then hanadan......fells strange, but i think i would be too otaku if i played the game but i thought i could until i read the review...if it's routinary then no....i'll try maybe ehehe, gott give it an opportunity at least onece i guess

#34 kirbylover3

kirbylover3

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:My interests are anime and manga. (Obviously)<br /><br />-Going on the computer<br />-Listening to music<br />-Playing Otome games (they're addicting)<br />-Running
  • Who I fangirl over:EVERYONE

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:02 AM

yay! XD

im kind of bummed that tsukushi can't be a playable character since i think her and the main guy make a cute couple(i forgot his name... tsukusa???? i don't know)

but her and rui are better XD

anyways does anybody know the basic plot i can't understand the site...

but i do plan to play this thanks for the tips!!

#35 hamano

hamano

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:shiba katsumi!!, yatsuaki

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:30 PM

I like this manga too!!!! (but I don't like the drama in taiwan)
I think I will go for soujirou first but after I read all of the comment it makes me don't want to play it now ^^"

#36 chiliztri

chiliztri

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 02:28 PM

I like this manga too!!!! (but I don't like the drama in taiwan)
I think I will go for soujirou first but after I read all of the comment it makes me don't want to play it now ^^"

You never know until you try?

Though good luck with Soujirou...I never figured out how to get his damn ending. And if I remember correctly, it was a tad depressing at times since he is always surrounded by girls at the parties.

I would suggest trying for Tsukasa's first, or Akira.

Side note, I didn't like the Taiwan one either. From what I saw, they changed a lot of stuff.

Posted Image
永遠なんて。。。ない

#37 hamano

hamano

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:shiba katsumi!!, yatsuaki

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:11 PM

Thanks for the advise I'll go try if first.

ps.Yeah! taiwan version change a lot and the other reason I don't like it is because of the actress. I don't like the heroine! also the act of F4 are not good(I don't feel the mood when it has to be romantic!!!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance