48 replies to this topic

#1 aznkeo

aznkeo

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:07 PM

Haha, so there's a DGM thread, but I see absoultely no Reborn thread~! So I thought I would start one. :D So anyone watch/read Reborn?

D: I really liked this series but it's starting to get overrated a bit, xD That and the fandom slashes EVERYTHING. I mean I still like it a lot, but yea >>

Posted Image
Hihara Senpai needs moar L O V E
Otome Blog - White Butterfly and I'm Selling Stuff here~

#2 takumi

takumi

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:aoi.

Posted 14 June 2008 - 04:20 AM

MEE ME!!! XDDD *raise one hand*

D: i'm still waiting for the next chapter......

Posted Image
ICON

#3 aznkeo

aznkeo

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 05:19 AM

8D yays! T___T same here, I can't wait to read what happens next...

Who's your favorite character? :D

Posted Image

#4 Nami

Nami

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Blood n' Gray <3

Posted 14 June 2008 - 05:32 AM

What does DGM stand for?

I'm reading the series on onemanga.com, but....it's long...and getting kinda repetitive and I'm only on the 30th chapter......It seems kind of pointless to me so far. The main character just never seems able to win. On the other hand, I took a peek at the newer chapters and the art was GORGEOUS...so I might continue to read it anyways.

#5 aznkeo

aznkeo

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 05:48 AM

DGM= D. Gray-Man

Ohh you're still in the Daily Life Arc if I'm correct then, haha so it's pretty normal and slow. I forgot when the Kokuyo Arc starts (with pineapple head 8D) , but it'll probably start to pick up there for you then. xD Especially the Vongola Rings Arc~

Posted Image

#6 takumi

takumi

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 06:10 AM

XD mukuro and hibari! <33333 what about you? =D

>_> chapter 196 is nothing special..... want more gokudera! >D

Posted Image
ICON

#7 ayako

ayako

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tsukimori, Hihara, Takuma, Yuuichi, Kyoya, Syusuke

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:15 AM

I'm a fan of Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn too... although I've only watched the anime.

Are u ladies just reading the manga or have u also watched the anime? Just wondering, does the anime follow the manga completely or is it totally different? Also, if u're watching the lastest epsiode of Reborn... epsiode 85 I think... which chapter is it up to in the manga if the anime do follow the manga? I'm thinking of starting where the anime left off... I'm really anxious to know what's gonna happen next and one epsiode a week is not enough. Also would u say that the artwork from the manga and the anime the same or somewhat different... cuz I remember some animes that I've watched which I thought was really so I started to read the manga and found out that the artwork from the anime are somewhat different to the drawings in the mangas... ex: Hunter x Hunter & Ueki no housoku... just wondering if it's the same for Reborn.

#8 aznkeo

aznkeo

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:39 AM

takumi - Oh my are you serious? *O* I luffles Hibari and Mukuro! Haha my OTP is 6918/1869 <33333

Ayako - I've watched the anime, but I sort of stopped recently watching the latest last few episodes since >> I'm too busy watching other stuff...and I've already read what happens anyways. That and I'm not really sure which chapter it starts...but since the anime is on the Future Arc, if you just look that up for the manga, you should find the chapters pretty easily~

Artwork wise...I suppose they're the same? I sort of perfer the manga over the anime, and think the manga artwork is prettier >>

Posted Image

#9 takumi

takumi

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:49 AM

they are a lot of different with manga and anime. pretty much the front part of manga i guess.
i watch the anime too. but i think the manga was faster. D: so i prefer manga now.

aznkoe@
LOL!! XDD really? O_O i didn't know you read *cough*yaoi*cough* too. XDD i think all related pairs to muku and hiba i also like. especially 6927 or 1827~

Posted Image
ICON

#10 aznkeo

aznkeo

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:58 AM

Haha yea I read haha yaoi xDD~ Although I'm sort of picky on the drawing styles moreso with yaoi.

LOL~ Can't forget 692718! TUNA SANDWICH HAHA~ 8D

I think what made me like 6918/1869 was seeing Mukuro or Hibari (mainly Hibari) being uke since they're oh so seme xD

Posted Image

#11 Nami

Nami

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:11 PM

Lol! Well I've got to keep at it then. I'm trying really hard but I can only take like....20 chapters of daily sillyness a day.

...Around which chapter does it start picking up?

#12 Teatrino

Teatrino

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tsukimori, Kaji

Posted 15 June 2008 - 04:56 AM

I like KHR too! =D

But I've only watched the anime. The manga seems to have too many chapters by the time I started watching the anime (i think there's... 160+ chapters at that time) so I got lazy ^^;

#13 kyrie

kyrie

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:clavis

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:00 PM

I'm reading the manga and I really love Reborn! XD So adorable!

#14 b u r s t OF o r a n g e

b u r s t OF o r a n g e

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Reading, Video Games, Anime&amp;Manga, Psychology, Philosophy, Photography, Economy, Politics, Sociology, Drawing, Sleeping, Unhealthy Food, Shopping, Dating Sims/Otome Games, Criminology, Cosplay
  • Who I fangirl over:Akutsu Jin, Kiyoharu Sendo, Kajiwara Kagetoki, Boris Airay

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:32 PM

Oh hell, I'm an incredibly huge fan of KHR. In August I'll be cosplaying TYL!Lal Mirch at Otakon (Anyone going?) even, considering she's my idol now.
Reborn is probably my favorite thing right now, yet the Future Arc only gets more and more different than the orginal series, but the art is getting incredible.

If everyone's wondering about those beginning, silly nonsense chapters, that's the Daily Life arc, and lasts for 7 volumes. Volumes 8-9 goes into the Kokuyo Gang arc (Mukuro), 10-15 is Varia (Ring Battles), and 16-onwards is the current Future arc. Chapter 61 is the start of volume 8, if you want to skip the Daily Arc and it's mindless antics.

By the way, anyone on LiveJournal, or in the Stamp_a_Hitman community (Reborn! stamping)? I'm the Mist Guardian(Mod) there, and we're real active. Every single person paired me with Byakuran (Future arc) in the matchmaking theme~, ulg.

Run riot and be beautiful~
"Flower" - GIGS

#15 aznkeo

aznkeo

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:01 PM

For Fanime I cosplayed as Chrome haha...

Yea when you compare the Future Arc to the Daily Life Arc, man it's something you never would have expected...then again I guess having Reborn as a tutor and finding out that you're part of the mafia is pretty unexpected too xD

Posted Image

#16 Nami

Nami

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:39 AM

Aaah!

I finally reached up to date with the manga. It...makes no sense, but it's soooo good! I think I got it used to having no storyline and when it did I went, "oooooooh. o.o"

I can't wait for chapter 198 now....x_x

#17 Hikari-Rekka

Hikari-Rekka

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, drawing, reading, etc.
  • Who I fangirl over:Italy Veneziano, Seychelles, Tenshi Hinanawi, etc.

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:28 AM

For Fanime I cosplayed as Chrome haha...

Yea when you compare the Future Arc to the Daily Life Arc, man it's something you never would have expected...then again I guess having Reborn as a tutor and finding out that you're part of the mafia is pretty unexpected too xD

Really? I remember seeing two people cosplaying as Reborn and Shamal.
Icon credit goes to Leafy Icons at Livejournal.

#18 aznkeo

aznkeo

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:30 AM

I went on Saturday~ That's when the whole Reborn gathering was, haha there was a lot of Reborn cosplayers there...o.o and the masquerade.

Ehh the masquerade was a waste of time this year...>> I only liked maybe two or three.

Posted Image

#19 Hikari-Rekka

Hikari-Rekka

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, drawing, reading, etc.
  • Who I fangirl over:Italy Veneziano, Seychelles, Tenshi Hinanawi, etc.

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:35 AM

Only went on the first day.. And Fanime wasn't good as last year in my opinion..
Icon credit goes to Leafy Icons at Livejournal.

#20 aznkeo

aznkeo

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:52 AM

Yea...that's what I thought too, be happy you didn't go to the masquerade though...it was totally nothing much. @_@ there was so much Haruhi dances, I mean there must have been 10 of them at least...ugggh it was totally stupid. >> but yea there was a huge Reborn gathering on Saturday~

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance