• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Shiratsuki

Shiratsuki

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Location:Anxiously waiting for college application results...which won't come out for another 3 months
  • Interests:I have so many interests! Most of which are related to manga or anime. XD
  • Who I fangirl over:Peter White, Kaji Aoi, Yunoki Azuma *goes on for several hours*

Posted 12 July 2008 - 08:14 PM

Well, D.Gray-man is a shonen manga, so I guess that's why...but it's not nearly as violent as a lot of others. I think it's more gothic than most manga. The characters are so funny though! Allen's dark side is hilarious and Lavi's expression when he found out...XD The Earl is another interesting character, somehow every time I see him fighting I burst out laughing because he's so fat and balloon-like. Poor Lero, he has to carry the Earl. I really want to take a needle or pin and poke the Earl to see if he pops...
Talking to yourself is NOT INSANE! I completely don't believe that saying! It's only when you argue and lose the argument that you should start worrying...

Posted Image

Signature and avatar by Ayane~ Thank you!

#22 Miso

Miso

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Abe no Yasuaki

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:08 PM

I love the Earl's character design since he's a hilarious looking villain. Maybe that's one of the charms of D. Gray man? I mean, how many shounen manga have a giant fat man with a top hat and a talking umbrella as the main source of evil?

#23 otaku_duckie

otaku_duckie

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:manga anime bishie and drawing
  • Who I fangirl over:Len, ace, blood, ren

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:22 PM

Earl scares me so much!!!! I love the music for D. Grey Man woot for Nami Tamaki and T.M. Revolution!!
Visit my D.A page
my name is I-am-miss-duckie
Some of my work is below.
Spoiler

#24 xdestiny

xdestiny

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:Why not guess! :D
  • Who I fangirl over:Zero Kiriyuu, Mizushima Hiro

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:59 AM

LOL. The Earl of course is a really weird villain in my point of view. But his story with Allen and the 14 is really something.. he plays an important role in the story even though we may see him looking like some idiot of a villain who likes to laugh and all that.

The latest chapter, 167, really was a shock to me.

Spoiler

Posted Image
B L O O D Y ♔ R O S E
❥ VAMPIRE KNIGHT; yuki cross.

#25 kura

kura

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:i think it will show.. xD

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:31 AM

hmm yeah, the Earl is weird but he's still love <3
(For some reason I really like his character :/)

Spoiler

#26 otaku_duckie

otaku_duckie

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:manga anime bishie and drawing
  • Who I fangirl over:Len, ace, blood, ren

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:53 AM

I haven't seen much of D. Grey Man, I've only read up to book two. I'm trying to catch up but my computer is too slow to read manga online.
(it takes 10-15 mins to load a 3 min video on youtube, that's how slow it is.
Visit my D.A page
my name is I-am-miss-duckie
Some of my work is below.
Spoiler

#27 Miso

Miso

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:04 PM

I love that there are still many Noahs that we still know nothing about! There has to at least be 14, but we've only seen about six...though I counted Jasdebi as one person.
Do you think the Earl is a noah? O o

#28 Shiratsuki

Shiratsuki

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Location:Anxiously waiting for college application results...which won't come out for another 3 months
  • Interests:I have so many interests! Most of which are related to manga or anime. XD
  • Who I fangirl over:Peter White, Kaji Aoi, Yunoki Azuma *goes on for several hours*

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:40 PM

Hmmm...I'm really not sure about that. I wonder if he's the first Noah or is he not a Noah at all? I'm pretty sure they sort cycle through a different set of Noah each time and since the Earl never changes...I don't know. I would really like to know though....Still waiting for the newest chapter. >.<
Talking to yourself is NOT INSANE! I completely don't believe that saying! It's only when you argue and lose the argument that you should start worrying...

Posted Image

Signature and avatar by Ayane~ Thank you!

#29 Jasmin

Jasmin

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:Anime. Manga. Graphics
  • Who I fangirl over:len

Posted 02 August 2008 - 07:54 AM

I like the manga. XD
Lavi x Lenalee // Kanda x Lenalee is what got me into it XD
*blames friends too*
As for favorite character is Rhode ( Road ) XD.

Spoiler

kitsih.png

#30 moonlight...

moonlight...

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kaji Aoi

Posted 02 August 2008 - 09:10 AM

i love d.gray man too!!! its one of the rare animes that i really can't bring myself to hate the bad guys of the story!! in fact i quite like tyki mikk too!!!
Spoiler

A smile is worth a thousand words =D
Spoiler

#31 Miso

Miso

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:08 PM

i love d.gray man too!!! its one of the rare animes that i really can't bring myself to hate the bad guys of the story!! in fact i quite like tyki mikk too!!!

Spoiler

Spoiler

#32 Kasumi

Kasumi

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:if there are good looking guys.... i'm there!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:29 AM

Lavi fan here!!!
but allen and kanda comes in after lavi... i really love this series man! it rox =D

Spoiler

stella quintet

Posted Image

...::: Kasumi :::...

#33 lilinnocence

lilinnocence

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, games, reading, writing, RPing etc.
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many. Way too many.

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:08 AM

I've got sucked into another Shounen manga XP

My love is for Lavi -> Tyki (Was #1 but dying out / won't last long.) -> Allen -> Kanda. I DID think Kanda was a girl too. I do like him but I think he hasn't gotten much page time in the manga compared to the others and Allen's my age~! XD

I thought I'd be irked by the violence but it's not that bad :P 4 days and on volume 14 so far. >D Been completely sucked in. O.O

#34 kessho

kessho

Closet Otaku

• Miko
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 03:19 PM

Kanda. All the *bleeping* way.

Liek whoa, man. Like goddamn, he's so buff and hot and manly now WOOF.

I'm actually a sad AllenLena fan, what gives yo XD; I think their relationship is actually developing now is why. I was a KandaLena fan until I started roleplaying WITH a Kanda, and we made a completely different OTP >>

*disappears again like I always do, le-sigh, what a shifty member is I*
Posted Image

BECAUSE I'M A CHEAPO AND USED MY LJ USERINFO BANNER DX

#35 Jasmin

Jasmin

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:Anime. Manga. Graphics
  • Who I fangirl over:len

Posted 22 September 2008 - 04:15 AM

Looks like theres still a small chance that Cross is still alive XD

kitsih.png

#36 naiome

naiome

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Anything that involves Tsukimori-kun and Taniyama-kun...XD
  • Who I fangirl over:Tsukimori Len

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:12 AM

Hi there! D.Gray-man is one of the manga that I was keeping track into. Too bad that the release of the manga is so slow....is it on hiatus?

Anyways I stumble upon D.Gray-man when I was looking at the list of the most read manga, along with Naruto and Bleach, it caught up my curiousity that I started to watch the anime series and then switched into the manga. I think they are having a filler arc in the manga as of now.

#37 D3stinyx

D3stinyx

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many; but my favourite from TMGS should be Hariya Kounoshin.

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:43 AM

D.Gray-Man is dead. Its legacy is over.

I enjoyed every chapter of D.Gray-Man ever since its release. The anime was great too, given the great soundtrack, voice actors and animation quality. The story behind it was refreshing, and I enjoyed the idea of being an 'exorcist'. Not only, the characters are interesting and amicable. I was hooked INSTANTLY after I heard its very first OP, and watched the VERY FIRST episode. Perhaps watching it in the middle of the night aided in the atmosphere.

Yet, we all have to admit- D.Gray-Man ended where the anime stopped. From there on, everything just went spiralling down, and this downward spiral never ended. I found myself gasping and scratching my head over almost all the chapters, and everything seemed to have become extremely far-fetched and ludicrous. I shan't mention how drastic the deaths of certain characters in the manga had affected me, but I must say that the whole story itself is beyond salvation. The deaths of those characters, backed up with how everything seems to just not make ANY sense- it is really a goner. It has progressed to a point whereby I doubt anything it is going to do can bring it back to its former glory. Unless of course the mangaka claims that all the previous chapters were nothing more but a hoax and that the REAL chapters have yet to be published.

For people who haven't been following the manga, you wouldn't want to know who died. Honestly. And how things are in the manga. I'm not the one who read the manga, but my brother did and I went to check it out for myself and I don't know. Died of dizziness.

D.Gray-Man's finale is where the anime had stopped. That's the best ending you can ever find, for this series that was once remarkable.

Posted Image

どれだけ 歩いてきたんだろう?
振り向いたら涙の跡

傷つけ 傷つき 辿りついた場所
今ここに君がいる

#38 SukunaHikona

SukunaHikona

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, game RPG, action, otome,
  • Who I fangirl over:Kiryuu Zero, Kuran Haruka and Kaname, all the men from heart/clover/joker , Gil from Pandora Hearts, Yoite from Nabari no Ou,

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:56 PM

I stopped read it after the movement of the HQ (and they still have to deal with zombies, strange medicine and ghost lol). Lost interest after that. I like it's artwork and stories. And for character, my favorites are Komui (I love Siscon XD), Yuu-chan and Tiky. JasDevi also good characters, but they already killed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance